Tentacle swarm improve proposal

T_erry

Problem

1. This ability can charge but performance without charge is bad so you forced to charge

2. Initial tentacle summon throw enemies upward so continuing attack delayed

3. If enemies are not in range tentacles appear nearby hydroid, that is annoying when you want to install tentacles where enemies would come

4. Shooting enemies held by tentacle still hard

5. Tentacles are always moving and moving tentacles can't attack enemies so they miss enemies often

Proposal

1. Fix range and count of tentacle as fully charged one, make energy drain 100 without any charge 150 when fully charge, charge makes tentacles remain without charge they perform initial strike and increase initial strike's damage

2.  Make tentacles don't attack allies

3. Make tentacles move only there are enemies to grab they don't swing in idle time so you can attack held enemies easily, tentacle always ready for next grab

I like to here Hydroid ultimate being rework, My quick fix would be:

• Tentacle's "Grabbing Mechanic" to work like Vauban's Tether Coil (which has 100% accuracy, always finding enemy to drag..)
  • Instead of thrashing the poor soul the Tentacle will slowly drag them near the Kraken; like Khora's snare

1 hour ago, T_erry said:

If enemies are not in range tentacles appear nearby hydroid, that is annoying when you want to install tentacles where enemies would come

Everything except this i think is true. I am certain i can aim the tentacle swarm to appear at the reticle if there are to enemies.
The proposal i think reads a bit confuing. You first state to remove(?) the charge by just making non-charge = charge which i think is the right thing to do, since we all only use the charged version anyway. But then you go on to i guess propose ideas for how to fix it if they don't want to dumb it down(?)

I think changing it so it's fully charged by default is the right move.
Your idea about not having the tentacles flail around is also very good i feel. Make them have more the role they have in undertoe atm where they are used to GRAB the enemies. Maybe even have them be flat in the ground until they grabbed an enemy, then if they have an enemy attached, make them extend so that enemy can be shot easily. Dead enemies should also fall off the tentacles so you don't find yourself shooting corpses. This could introduce a stat like max enemies per tentacle like you have for vaubans bastille.

Idk i'm just spit balling ideas at this point. But i do feel like the ability needs a touch up at least.

Archived