My Rework to Excalibur

(PSN)Vexx757

I was listening to music from Bleach and I was playing Excalibur using his exalted blade and it made me want to put up this post of a rework for him.

If I were to rework him here is what I would do.

I know this doesn`t fit his theme but for fun`s sake listen to this while you read this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAyvCbYoJYo

# Excalibur 1 by Aaronj-c

Excalibur:

Passive improvement: Increase the percentage of damage bonus to 25% and attack speed bonus to 15% (his passive at this moment is not noticeable)

·       Make two-handed katana included with the passive.

1st ability:

·       It has the combo multiplier window. (the more you use it the less energy it takes, the more damage it does)

·       It has a 50% chance to proc slash and the damage is based on the combo window.

·       Increase the base damage to 600.

·       After it makes contact with an enemy, enemies with a 10m radius of that enemy will be targeted.

2nd ability:

·       (synergy) enemies affected will take more damage from his 1st, 3rd and 4th ability.

3rd ability Rework:

Excalibur will summon holographic armour around himself to protect himself from damage, giving him 50% damage reduction and can reflect incoming damage back at enemies while blocking.

·       The ability lasts for 20 seconds and can be increased by duration mods.

·       While active it will absorb damage from enemies` attacks. When ability ends, the absorbed damage will convert into extra armour.

·       The max amount of armour you can receive is 600 depending on the amount of damage absorbed.

·       The extra armour will last 15 seconds and can be increased by duration mods.·       Deactivating the ability will shoot the armour outwards dealing the accumulated damage at enemies. If enemies survive, they will receive a stagger proc and it will make them susceptible to melee damage by 30%.

·       The blocking reflected damage is based on power strength and the melee combo counter.

·       The ability cast animation is Excalibur in a guard stance.

·       Armour colour will be affected by chosen energy colour.

4th ability:

•                Get rid of mini 2nd ability. (waste of energy)

•                It can block 100% damage.

•                The first charge attack is vertical slash and the second is a horizontal slash.

•                Change it back to look like an energy sword like it was before (there was no reason to change it in the first place).

•                Preforming a ground slam will visually look like radial javelins.

Fix: Put Excalibur`s energy channel glow back the way it was like nyx`s

(the way it is now is just ugly).

# Excalibur 2 by Aaronj-c

Instead of completely scrapping Radial Javelins, perhaps add it as part of Exalted Blade, similar to Radial Blind’s integration. Doing a ground slam could summon some javelins to pierce nearby enemies, dealing damage based on Exalted Blade’s stats, mods, and combo. 

Also, considering how low Exalted Blade’s energy drain is, granting 100% damage block would be way too strong, and it makes the new damage reduction ability redundant. 

As for that damage reduction ability, it’s too similar to Wukong’s Defy, so I’m gonna suggest something else to make it more unique. 

Excalibur summons a barrier over his armor, reducing damage and becoming stronger with incoming damage (like Adaptation). While active, incoming damage is stored, and can be released with a melee heavy attack. 

-Recasting the ability while active will retain the barrier’s charge. Barrier charge will reset after 3s of the ability being inactive.

-Radial Javelins created by an Exalted Blade heavy slam (not a normal slam) will benefit from the barrier’s damage boost. 

I dig the rework to Slash Dash, especially increasing its reliability to multi-target.

Honestly at this point I just want skins for exalted weapons. I want default Regulators on Mesa Prime and a basic-ass energy blade for EB, without the branching energy trails.

6 hours ago, (PSN)CambionDrift said:

-snip-

Because he needs it and don`t give a frig about order and DE doesn't care neither, proof? ppl say Loki and Frost need a lookover but who did DE look at? Nidus and generally ppl think he`s good but DE look at him anyways so as long as DE don`t care I don`t give a frig and the point is not who needs it first, it`s do they need a rework, revisit or QOL and Excalibur needs a rework.

Besides Ash needs a revisit, he has issues most ppl don`t know about.

16 hours ago, (PSN)CambionDrift said:

Why would we rework the third and fifth most use warframe last year? 

That's not really a great indication of how good he is since he's so widely available and is the most commonly picked frame by newer players. Umbra is also the first "prime" many casual solo players will ever get.

On 2021-05-25 at 7:16 PM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Instead of completely scrapping Radial Javelins, perhaps add it as part of Exalted Blade, similar to Radial Blind’s integration. Doing a ground slam could summon some javelins to pierce nearby enemies, dealing damage based on Exalted Blade’s stats, mods, and combo. 

Also, considering how low Exalted Blade’s energy drain is, granting 100% damage block would be way too strong, and it makes the new damage reduction ability redundant. 

As for that damage reduction ability, it’s too similar to Wukong’s Defy, so I’m gonna suggest something else to make it more unique. 

Excalibur summons a barrier over his armor, reducing damage and becoming stronger with incoming damage (like Adaptation). While active, incoming damage is stored, and can be released with a melee heavy attack. 

-Recasting the ability while active will retain the barrier’s charge. Barrier charge will reset after 3s of the ability being inactive.

-Radial Javelins created by an Exalted Blade heavy slam (not a normal slam) will benefit from the barrier’s damage boost. 

I`m not completely scrapping it, the way I made his 3 work is similar to RJ but I like the idea of adding it to the ground slam, that makes more sense than having his 2 integrated into it however maybe it should be just a visual change. 

I can see why you said this but remember even when using EB enemies can still shoot you in the back plus the ability is not redundant coz you can absorb the damage and use it to attack enemies. But one thing I will say is that when it converts into armour, it has a duration of how long you get to keep the armour just so that it`s not to op in terms of survivability.

How I see it it`s better than wukong`s defy in fact the way the ability works the ability dosen`t "defy" anything.

On 2021-05-26 at 11:11 PM, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

That's not really a great indication of how good he is since he's so widely available and is the most commonly picked frame by newer players. Umbra is also the first "prime" many casual solo players will ever get.

Ty for saying this at least I don`t need to say anything.

Archived