Gara prime

_Anise_

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

one thing that always confused me as it seemed clunky was how her damage reduction detached if she bumped into someone!

aren't you confusing frames there? that sounds like nova with null star augument, not gara.

1 hour ago, _Anise_ said:

well I only say because the past few times they have tweaked stuff when releasing/unvaulting the primed versions unless that was coincidence?

They usually do that when the newly Primed Frame sucks and is not played at all. Like, there is no point in Priming a Warframe if it sucks so hard nobody use it.

But Gara is not in this kind of spot. She could probably deal with some adjustment here and there, but more probably on the "nerf" side, so if any, they'll do that after the PA, not before, they're not crazy. :p

19 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

aren't you confusing frames there? that sounds like nova with null star augument, not gara.

nope I am pretty sure that happens when a player bumps into gara, she loses her splinters to that player, one of the first things I was told when I first started and my friend was taking me through content as gara "bump into me to get the DR"

36 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

No

that says its only a small preview of the QOL changes

15 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

They usually do that when the newly Primed Frame sucks

they did it for dethcube prime and it didn't suck

15 minutes ago, Chewarette said:

They usually do that when the newly Primed Frame sucks and is not played at all. Like, there is no point in Priming a Warframe if it sucks so hard nobody use it.

yet they didn't touch banshee when she was unvaulted and she mega sucks.

14 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

f she was getting any rework it would have been talked about in the last dev stream

unless it was a minor change ?

well I guess we will see maybe nothing will change because she is considered good ?

9 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

nope I am pretty sure that happens when a player bumps into gara, she loses her splinters to that player, one of the first things I was told when I first started and my friend was taking me through content as gara "bump into me to get the DR"

That sounds like your friend not having idea how things works, or being very poor at explaining things because neither wiki, nor in-game, nor ANY of multiple gara ability breakdowns mentions such mechanic - only that you can cast the ability on other players/allies (so he may have asked for a bump to have easy time actually targetting you)

34 minutes ago, Elenortirie said:

That sounds like your friend not having idea how things works

edit... it says right on the wiki o.O

Gara's armor splinters into a maelstrom of shattered glass that slices enemies and impairs their weapons. Allies who contact the cloud are fortified against damage.

though the part about gara losing the dr in the process I am not sure about I don't play gara often and already fed her into the trash dispenser so I can't test

She's already really strong. Not sure what else you want changed about her. She deals insane damage, gives damage reduction to herself, team mates and defence objectives. Bumping into nullifiers is annoying but same can be said of most every frame.

And as for the Frost 2.0 thing, you really are playing her wrong!

2 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

they did it for dethcube prime and it didn't suck

yet they didn't touch banshee when she was unvaulted and she mega sucks.

unless it was a minor change ?

well I guess we will see maybe nothing will change because she is considered good ?

Banshee is actually pretty good if your expecting her to kill things then your using her for all the wrong reasons..

She's a crowd control frame & is extremely useful in missions like Defenae Escavatiion & a few otheea were you can use a man range & Efficientcy soundsquake that stops them in there tracks where they can't touch the Defense Pods of drills.. 

She very good if used & modded properly.. only reason she might not be all that is cause she's squishy but that can be fixed with sound quake...

& yes Gara is already very good so a rework isn't needed.. a rework for upcoming primes is typically reserved for frames who ain't good or there kits are not good & useful... Gara in a great place so a rework wasn't needed.

Zephyr & others got reworks because there kits stunk & were useless &, now there finally In a great place where they no longer need reworks..

4 minutes ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Banshee is actually pretty good if your expecting her to kill things then your using her for all the wrong reasons..

opinion from personal experience, there isn't much room for support in warframe, you come along in your support frame do 12% of the damage and people complain you did nothing while providing them with a 1600% damage increase and a free radar! for solo she dosn't work unless you are exploiting shield gate or playing that janky negative range melee build which is boring!

6 minutes ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Gara is already very good so a rework isn't needed

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

She's already really strong. Not sure what else you want changed about her.

yeah I kind of agree, at end game with a lot of resources to pump her up she is great! though not very new player friendly ? she was the second frame I every crafted and I stopped playing her immediately after having energy issues, made the switch to nezha at the time, in hindsight yeah I don't see them changing her up I just wondered

8 minutes ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

ephyr & others got reworks because there kits stunk & were useless &, now there finally In a great place

you don't think banshee is in that place ? silence and sonar are the only 2 abilities she uses, they are in conflict with each other, one of them needs range to be effective the other needs negative range ?

vor 3 Stunden schrieb _Anise_:

you don't think banshee is in that place ? silence and sonar are the only 2 abilities she uses, they are in conflict with each other, one of them needs range to be effective the other needs negative range ?

Banshee is in an amazing place. Full armor strip with very low strength, her 2 is one of the best abilities in the entire game. her 3 is AOE CC with a very, very big radius and I have exchanged her 4 with Harrows Condemn, so she is very tanky as well.

Yeah, she might not be good to run Lith Relics on Earth, but in Steel Path Banshee is a monster. If you use her correctly, Steel Path feels like lvl 10 mobs all over again.

Gara is fine, one of the strongest frames in the game right now I would say. she has that holy trifecta of offense, defense and CC: she can turn enemeis to mush, protect objectives and herself even better than most frames and also CC effectively. plus her Spectorage being Subsumable and it's Spectrosiphon augment is excellent for high-energy setups on other frames that just wouldn't be viable otherwise.

the only problem I've heard of relating to Gara was the armour situation with her 2 active- I never really minded her losing the glass- and that's been solved now. 

Archived