Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May 2021 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

10 minutes ago, disrawtomato said:

All melee nerfs for weapons I frequently use. Once again thanks for nothing. You are ruining my fun so your spreadsheet graphs can look a tiny bit more equally balanced. 

You really think that small change is going to make those two weapons any lest top teir? They were already OP, now they are slightly less OP. Not as big a difference as you make it out to be.

43 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Please reconsider the approach of starting weapons from the bottom. All the weapons in Update: Sisters of Parvos will be uninteresting for Rivens for atleast a few months, maybe even longer. This creates a state where players who want to engage with Rivens for new weapons are basically punished for doing so and makes new content less appealing for the players using this system. Starting weapons at 1.00 (Neutral) wasn't great, but it would help make new content appealing at the least for Rivens.

The best solution here would be tightening the range from 0.50-1.55 to 0.75-1.25.

I definitely disagree with almost all of this. It's okay to start weapons at 0.6 maybe, but rivens already feel compulsory for turning certain weapons usable.

Tightening the range? This would only raise the ceiling further of already obscenely overpowered and popular weapons, while plummeting the bottom of garbage weapons into hopelessness. 0.5 - 2.0 honestly would be my proposal. Not even 1.5 dispositions can save the likes of certain weapons, they're that bad. Closing the range to 1.25 would overwhelmingly skew riven usefulness toward already powerful weapons that frankly don't deserve riven power.

There is a fairness reason for starting at 0.5 dispo too. Brand new weapons have zero rivens in circulation. Their trade values would become prohibitively expensive, far beyond what they already are. It gives non-riven users a 3-month grace where they don't feel left behind by players experimenting with rivens right out of the gate.

16 minutes ago, (PSN)BlightDragon89 said:

You really think that small change is going to make those two weapons any lest top teir? They were already OP, now they are slightly less OP. Not as big a difference as you make it out to be.

DE is chipping away at those every time they get the chance, so don't tell me it's all the same. If I invest thousands of kuva in a riven, it better be OP. No one is rolling 70x Hirudo to have an average melee. Not everyone is spending 90 % of gameplay on Hydron doing lvl 40 enemies.

3 minutes ago, disrawtomato said:

DE is chipping away at those every time they get the chance, so don't tell me it's all the same. If I invest thousands of kuva in a riven, it better be OP. No one is rolling 70x Hirudo to have an average melee. Not everyone is spending 90 % of gameplay on Hydron doing lvl 40 enemies.

I run Steal Path and such bro, so I get wanting OP weapons. I assure you that each time they have "chipped" off of Kronen Prime, it kills everything all the same. Perhaps the cute little numbers are a bit lower, but dead is dead. As far as spending Kuva goes. Everyone knows that rivens get balanced. So its not like you spend the Kuva without knowing what could happen. I rolled my Kronen riven dozens of times too.
If the weapon still kills just as fast, and kills just as high a level of enemies, why worry about little numbers? Its still doing exactly what it did before. Killing stuff fast at just about any level.
I just think you're being dramatic, that's all. But if you are a numbers player, well you do you.

10 minutes ago, (PSN)BlightDragon89 said:

I run Steal Path and such bro, so I get wanting OP weapons. I assure you that each time they have "chipped" off of Kronen Prime, it kills everything all the same. Perhaps the cute little numbers are a bit lower, but dead is dead. As far as spending Kuva goes. Everyone knows that rivens get balanced. So its not like you spend the Kuva without knowing what could happen. I rolled my Kronen riven dozens of times too.
If the weapon still kills just as fast, and kills just as high a level of enemies, why worry about little numbers? Its still doing exactly what it did before. Killing stuff fast at just about any level.
I just think you're being dramatic, that's all. But if you are a numbers player, well you do you.

Focus on something else instead of telling me what I should care about and what not regarding my game experience. Au revoir!

3 minutes ago, disrawtomato said:

Focus on something else instead of telling me what I should care about and what not regarding my game experience. Au revoir!

I was not telling you how to play. I was saying that A: I personally think you are being dramatic about something, and B: That I don't understand the play style of focusing on if your red, one shot crits are 100K or 99.6K. You see this is what happens when you put an opinion out there, others will have an opinion about your opinion. If you don't want comments on your opinion, don't put them on the internet.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the Riven disposition changes.

Please reconsider the approach of starting weapons from the bottom. All the weapons in Update: Sisters of Parvos will be uninteresting for Rivens for atleast a few months, maybe even longer. This creates a state where players who want to engage with Rivens for new weapons are basically punished for doing so and makes new content less appealing for the players using this system. Starting weapons at 1.00 (Neutral) wasn't great, but it would help make new content appealing at the least for Rivens.

The best solution here would be tightening the range from 0.50-1.55 to 0.75-1.25.

^ this

I couldn't agree more! It's disappointing how DE handles the riven dispo. This would be a much better approach and would keep players longer playing on the new content because the rivens are high enough to actually use and to enjoy the new weapons.

1 minute ago, Crystal.Prime said:

^ this

I couldn't agree more! It's disappointing how DE handles the riven dispo. This would be a much better approach and would keep players longer playing on the new content because the rivens are high enough to actually use and to enjoy the new weapons.

IMO, putting rivens at a higher level for new weapons would be a trap. Just gets you to spend money on rivens for new weapons (that players jack the prices on just because they are new in the first place) only for it to get "nerfed" a few months later. Starting at the bottom means that people can see what the base weapon is like, and gives DE room to either boost the Riven (which everyone likes to see) or keep it the same.

"we have refrained from any gun reductions" I hope one day someone will realize that primed weapons are just minor variations of old weapons.
I'm not spending 50$+ on nerfed guns.

My post has nothing to do with changes you might be posting but changes made in general months ago that cripple all future weapons.
I want to be excited NOW with my purchase and weapons. Not in half a year when you buff a weapon variant.

Lol still keeping up with ALL New weapons(lol primes too?) and variations Starting at a useless 0.5 dispo? 

Fine then.  I'll never buy another prime access weapon or weapon from the market ever again until the starting 0.5 diso is reversed.

Nothing says don't buy me more than all new prime variations getting a massively significant riven nerf while the weapon stat increases by about 1%. 

You must think we are stupid if we are going to switch over from a weapon that had barely less base stats but a significantly higher dispo.

Neutral dispo for new weapons was perfectly acceptable. All this  just because you don't want to play test new weapons before they come out (Bramma drama).

Also, separating variations like Primes from non with different Riven dispositions was a very bad move. 

The whole point of a new variation was to get something slightly better to push a build to a higher limit.  all you've done is make "upgrades" into downgrades.
Youve taken away all excitement for new primes and new weapons.  I'm not some Mr 3 and for anyone who plays the game a lot they're going to min Max their favorite gear and often new gear to see what it can do.  you've taken all of that excitement away. Why would anyone be excited for astilla prime?  yeah it'll have a 1% stat difference but it'll have a massively lower disposition than regular astilla.  literally zero reason to be excited for its prime if you intend on min maxing it to get the most of it which is a whole hell of a lot less than what regular astilla can achieve. 

Do you NOT want players to Max new weapons and primes? Do you not want us to look forward to new weapons? 

I'm not even salty about your current Riven changes. 

I waited years for astilla prime and knowing it'll be significantly worse the day it hits compared to the old regular version that has been around for years is sad.

Yada yada  though, doubt you care about what I say here.  actions speak louder than words and me and a bunch of others will be speaking with our wallets.

I'd also like to point out that you don't even advertise with prime access that new prime weapons get crippled out of the gate compared to year + old variations. By doing so,you enable people in trade chat to take advantage of players who don't know about the 0.5 for all new and variations of weapons. Not everyone reads every one of these disposition change threads and to expect the entire playbase to immediately know that when they join warframe isn't cool.
This is taking advantage of players and those taking advantage of it in trade chat are an example of that. 

I ask that a weapon retains disposition across all variations. It'd only make sense. A prime should be a upgrade,not a downgrade. 

Edit: Either way,people sky rocket rivens before a new variant or weapon comes out. You can't stop that in a free market. You can however make rivens more accessible so less people are taken advantage of. Have new a vendor sell rivens for upcoming weapon variants temporarily or currently new weapons. Behold,issue solved.  By it being temporary you still get plat sales.
Even better,make the cost of buying the riven cost rivens so it takes rivens out of circulation thus earning you more money through plat sales.  You win. We win.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Welp, there goes my Quellor build :( At 1.05 I had a perfect amount of fire rate to make use of Internal Bleeding's 2.5 fire rate limit, now at 1.1 I'm gonna be over and that build won't work anymore. If I could just, idk, lock stats when rerolling then I could just roll it a little more to get a lower Fire Rate stat. Rivens suck the way they're implemented.

Would be nice if we could lock stats on rivens. I had a god roll once only to realize that the negative was " -Damage ".  Sad... :(

4 minutes ago, (PSN)BlightDragon89 said:

IMO, putting rivens at a higher level for new weapons would be a trap. Just gets you to spend money on rivens for new weapons (that players jack the prices on just because they are new in the first place) only for it to get "nerfed" a few months later. Starting at the bottom means that people can see what the base weapon is like, and gives DE room to either boost the Riven (which everyone likes to see) or keep it the same.

Then they need to update the riven dispo more frequently because every 3 months (for me at least) is just too long.

8 minutes ago, wizardeiges said:

"we have refrained from any gun reductions" I hope one day someone will realize that primed weapons are just minor variations of old weapons.
I'm not spending 50$+ on nerfed guns.

My post has nothing to do with changes you might be posting but changes made in general months ago that cripple all future weapons.

Lol still keeping up with ALL New weapons(lol primes too?) and variations Starting at a useless 0.5 dispo? 

Fine then.  I'll never buy another prime access weapon or weapon from the market ever again until the starting 0.5 diso is reversed.

Nothing says don't buy me more than all new prime variations getting a massively significant riven nerf while the weapon stat increases by about 1%. 

You must think we are stupid if we are going to switch over from a weapon that had barely less base stats but a significantly higher dispo.

Neutral dispo for new weapons was perfectly acceptable. All this  just because you don't want to play test new weapons before they come out (Bramma drama).

Also, separating variations like Primes from non with different Riven dispositions was a very bad move. 

The whole point of a new variation was to get something slightly better to push a build to a higher limit.  all you've done is make "upgrades" into downgrades.
Youve taken away all excitement for new primes and new weapons.  I'm not some Mr 3 and for anyone who plays the game a lot they're going to min Max their favorite gear and often new gear to see what it can do.  you've taken all of that excitement away. Why would anyone be excited for astilla prime?  yeah it'll have a 1% stat difference but it'll have a massively lower disposition than regular astilla.  literally zero reason to be excited for its prime if you intend on min maxing it to get the most of it which is a whole hell of a lot less than what regular astilla can achieve. 

Do you NOT want players to Max new weapons and primes? Do you not want us to look forward to new weapons? 

I'm not even salty about your current Riven changes. 

I waited years for astilla prime and knowing it'll be significantly worse the day it hits compared to the old regular version that has been around for years is sad.

Yada yada  though, doubt you care about what I say here.  actions speak louder than words and me and a bunch of others will be speaking with our wallets.

I'd also like to point out that you don't even advertise with prime access that new prime weapons get crippled out of the gate compared to year + old variations. By doing so,you enable people in trade chat to take advantage of players who don't know about the 0.5 for all new and variations of weapons. Not everyone reads every one of these disposition change threads and to expect the entire playbase to immediately know that when they join warframe isn't cool.
This is taking advantage of players and those taking advantage of it in trade chat are an example of that. 

I ask that a weapon retains disposition across all variations. It'd only make sense. A prime should be a upgrade,not a downgrade. 

I kinda agree with this. Would be nice if they could make primes a bit more exciting, (much) better stats than the normal variation and tweak the riven dispo a bit.

Please listen more to the community DE. Is it really that hard? We have so many good ideas that would help the game a lot but you just don't wanna tell us why you don't want our suggestions.

32 minutes ago, Crystal.Prime said:

Then they need to update the riven dispo more frequently because every 3 months (for me at least) is just too long.

It'd be good if they adjusted the Disposition 1 week and then 1 month after an item is added. Then it'd naturally slot in with the grouped 3-month PA passes. A brand new weapon could start at 0.5, and if it doesn't shake the meta after a week it can move up closer to 1.0, and then after a month settle to its expected location.

7 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

It'd be good if they adjusted the Disposition 1 week and then 1 month after an item is added. Then it'd naturally slot in with the grouped 3-month PA passes. A brand new weapon could start at 0.5, and if it doesn't shake the meta after a week it can move up closer to 1.0, and then after a month settle to its expected location.

Yes! This is probably the best solution to this problem.

2 hours ago, Boll said:

See quassus & Arum spinosa up -> yeah... something is wrong. Stop nerfing rivens because they are porular. Focus on the weapons that are BAD. Dont buff the ones that are giga broken op already. Use stats, calculate. if you dont know how to calculate, ask proples from the community, we have tons of tools that are public to calculate that.
Kronen prime is not OP because of the riven, it's because of the super high stats and the broken stance. Same for nami skyla.

unknown.png

^

2 hours ago, Boll said:

Kronen prime is not OP because of the riven, it's because of the super high stats and the broken stance. Same for nami skyla.

Both KronenP and NSP dont have stats higher than their category for Primes of their MR (maybe by 3-4% above average at best, but compare that to gram prime which is a full 32% above its really not worth mentioning). Tonfas as a whole do indeed have a insanely broken (in the sense of double of the average multiplier to dps) stance tho.

Archived