Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May 2021 Riven Disposition Updates

[DE]Connor

6 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

snip

No Machete or Grakata buffs?

aw

Disposition should be based on the weapon's stats, not popularity.

Kunai are still less disposition then the other throwables,
and they have the worst stats of them.
(at least last I checked, game is updating, so I can't check right now)

Interesting.

No love for the Catchmoon ( secondary) I see.

Same for the Orthos Prime, or for that matter, the Ohma..

Just as an observation, maybe you fine folks at DE should be looking at the weapons themselves instead of spread sheets of player "meta" usage. I'm also in the camp of "not impressed" when ever a new prime weapon variant drops, with minimal stat changes. It kind of reminds me of a used car salesman trying to convince me that what he's selling is way better than what I currently have.

As an amusing anecdote; My Guandao Prime got a slight increase.... Ironic.

3 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the Riven disposition changes.

Please reconsider the approach of starting weapons from the bottom. All the weapons in Update: Sisters of Parvos will be uninteresting for Rivens for atleast a few months, maybe even longer. This creates a state where players who want to engage with Rivens for new weapons are basically punished for doing so and makes new content less appealing for the players using this system. Starting weapons at 1.00 (Neutral) wasn't great, but it would help make new content appealing at the least for Rivens.

The best solution here would be tightening the range from 0.50-1.55 to 0.75-1.25.

ID rather see dispo go up on weapons than go down. its bad feels when your fav weapon get nerfed but when things get buffed you cant help but check them out.

I just keep seeing my glaive drop and it makes me sad 

4 minutes ago, (PSN)ClaimingKarma said:

ID rather see dispo go up on weapons than go down. its bad feels when your fav weapon get nerfed but when things get buffed you cant help but check them out.

I just keep seeing my glaive drop and it makes me sad 

The best solution is removing disposition altogether, but DE seems adamant on using this mechanic when it has no practical influence on player weapon choice. I understand where you are coming from, but the only middle ground that might work for DE is tightening the range.

5 hours ago, Voltage said:

Please reconsider the approach of starting weapons from the bottom. All the weapons in Update: Sisters of Parvos will be uninteresting for Rivens for atleast a few months, maybe even longer. This creates a state where players who want to engage with Rivens for new weapons are basically punished for doing so and makes new content less appealing for the players using this system. Starting weapons at 1.00 (Neutral) wasn't great, but it would help make new content appealing at the least for Rivens.

Hey man this is what the riven scalpers wanted, for their investments to never depreciate, only appreciate. You wanna talk to anyone, talk to them for being so stereotypically human

this thread is a good example of loss aversion psychology:

-0.05: oh my god my gameplay experience is ruined don't tell me how to feel

+0.05: oh this is great!

reality: almost no practical difference, slash meta still annihilates everything, melee still destroys without rivens, gas damage sucks

11 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Bubonico: 0.6->0.7

Catchmoon (primary): 1->1.05

Cedo: 0.55->0.6

Exergis: 1.05->1.1

Gaze: 0.95->1

Lanka: 0.95->1

Panthera Prime: 1.05->1.15

Proboscis Cernos: 0.5->0.55

Quellor: 1.05->1.1

Rattleguts (primary): 0.9->1

Rubico: 0.8->0.9

Sporelacer (primary): 0.85->1

Sporothrix: 0.85->1.1

Stahlta: 0.8->0.85

Tiberon: 1->1.05
Tiberon Prime: 0.85->0.9

Tombfinger (primary): 0.75->0.85

Trumna: 0.7->0.75

Vermisplicer (primary): 0.7->0.85

Is it possible yall forgot about Tenora  Prime?  It seems pretty wacky that things like Trumna, Stahlta, and Bubonico are going up while Tenora P is still stuck at .5. 

13 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Riven disposition changes

Hmm.. what is the purpose or meaning of Riven? I felt that it's already lost now.

So now community is indirectly telling you guys to nerf tonfa's stances instead of the rivens? lol

Kronen Prime was overpowered because Soverign Outcast spams too many slash procs. Even if Kronen Prime disposition gets nerfed to 0.6 people would still consider it the best melee weapon or move on to the next best Tonfa. If people want Kronen Prime's disposition buffed DE should just consider reducing the slash proc frequency on Sovereign Outcast.

17 hours ago, Deminisis said:

Still no sentinel rifle riven changes.

Yep, I feel like they forgot that they even exist, but tbh, they shouldnt just change the rifle dispo, but their stats, together with a whole rework of pets and sentinels.

Some time ago, like a year or so, I think [DE]Geoff or someone mentioned "that there will be a pet rework, next month" and since then we know nothing about it, and of course they didnt do it. I think that it is a really important thing since pets are kinda meh, we only use them cause of the vacuum and stuff like that, they do whatever they want, we cant command them or anything of that sorts. Thats also why people for a reason use mostly only smeetas, aderza kavats and vulpaphylas. Those two kavats give really good and important buffs, and vulpaphyla's are usefull cause of viral procs and being basicly immortal. Besides that people dont use anything else really. Sentinels are worse than companions like kavats/kubrows, cause they dont have link mods and we cannot revive them, their weapons are bad, and also mostly serve only for procing statuses or for vigilante set bonus or the gladiator for crits. We need a pet rework.

20 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Pandero Prime: 0.5->0.75

You do realise the Tenora Prime is actually worse than the base Tenora with a riven? I mean, WTF? Did you just forget the Tenora Prime was a thing? Are there loads of Tenora Prime mains out there and they just never play in any public groups?

i expect in the future...as players to have no options...when fighting enemies......when most enemies...are imune to statuses,......frames...abillities.....been nulified..........or ...energy been drained........and weapons.......beening nerfed...instead of buffed............what u want as developers form us...players..........?.........that in the fututre.......operators restrictions too????

can u stop destroying our rivens?????!!!!!

yeah I want glaive riven for glaive prime, yeah because it is overpowered and cool, even without a riven but I just like big numbers spawning on the screen and that's the only reason I play this game. you don't want strong weapon to be overpowered? so what????? this game is all about overpower! it is not like I am going to leave the weapon for something else, and why even sticking to a weapon with or without a riven is even a problems requires nerfing in the first place?? if I like a weapon, I will keep using it, just like anything in my life, what's the harm in that, and yet an ember will keep killing everything so I won't ruin the game on the others and SP is almost entirely played solo!

I had a glaive riven with initial combo stat on it and your new changes (2nd nerf) ruined that stat rendering my build 25% weaker (from 4x heavy attack combo multiplier to 3x) not to mention the nerf in the other stats.

I payed 1.2k platinum for my glaive rivens, stop ruining them, that platinum worth real money, stop devaluing our money!!! 

20 hours ago, Andele3025 said:

Both KronenP and NSP dont have stats higher than their category for Primes of their MR (maybe by 3-4% above average at best, but compare that to gram prime which is a full 32% above its really not worth mentioning). Tonfas as a whole do indeed have a insanely broken (in the sense of double of the average multiplier to dps) stance tho.

According to the wiki the stats are much more significant than 3-4%... to the point a riven couldn't even help you get to where the prime is starting. 

Critical alone is 120% added to base.

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

According to the wiki the stats are much more significant than 3-4%.

What about "than their category for Primes of their MR" was difficult to understand?
At 2x crit mod base, a 315~330 sustained dps from base stats is expected for primes/end game melee (that arent gunblades or chakrams) with some +/-5%.
The few raw stats rather than stance outliers as such are far easier to detect, typically by having a over 2.5 crit multi/hitting over 345~350 and jumping higher in gap from others with BR/crit trier.

7 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

What about "than their category for Primes of their MR" was difficult to understand?
At 2x crit mod base, a 315~330 sustained dps from base stats is expected for primes/end game melee (that arent gunblades or chakrams) with some +/-5%.
The few raw stats rather than stance outliers as such are far easier to detect, typically by having a over 2.5 crit multi/hitting over 345~350 and jumping higher in gap from others with BR/crit trier.

So for Kronen you are going with the telos boltace. I suppose they seem roughly equivalent. 

And for NSP you would be looking at.. dual ether or twin Krohkur.

But in these cases both of the mentioned primes have a significant increase in attack speed. 

I mean I think I get what you are trying to say as the poster your were replying to didn't like that disposition changes appear to come from usage/popularity and not actual stats. So while the stats of those weapons are indisputably best in class they aren't night and day better. 

I honestly don't get the pain over riven mods their disposition.  I know folks are upset that their cool riven won't instantly change the new primed version into a beast. However, is that the stated purpose of prime weapons and frames in the first place.  To become the immediate end game ultimate version. I suppose that is their role right now.  But if I am getting the new prime weapons.  It's because I straight up want them just to have them and not because I want to slap a riven on it.

On 2021-05-25 at 10:57 AM, Voltage said:

A better solution here would be tightening the range from 0.50-1.55 to 0.75-1.25.

We could go for the best solution and stop pretending that Riven disposition has any practical influence over weapon choice and remove disposition altogether. A clear example of this issue is Kronen Prime. This weapon has been good for years since Zephyr Prime first launched, but only in the last year has YouTube created influence on using this weapon. For 2 years the high disposition was fine, but now it isn't? The performance hasn't been changed and the player usage won't either. All this does is punish invested Kronen Riven owners and makes people feel bad about being invested in weapons that sometimes overlap with what YouTube and Twitch promote to the target audience of the game.

If you need rivens for a weapon to be worth using, that's a you problem not a Warframe problem.

I want to PRAISE DE for starting new weapons at the bottom.
It changes the mindset to using a riven cause I like the weapon, instead using a weapon cause it's powerful with a riven.

11 minutes ago, CouncilofTheSeven said:

If you need rivens for a weapon to be worth using, that's a you problem not a Warframe problem.

I want to PRAISE DE for starting new weapons at the bottom.
It changes the mindset to using a riven cause I like the weapon, instead using a weapon cause it's powerful with a riven.

Except a Riven at 0.50 disposition is hardly worth the slot unless you get a very specific stat roll. I don't feel like I need Rivens, but I enjoy Rivens. What happens here is that my older gear is more appealing than new gear simply because I own better mods for weapons slightly worse or even on par with whatever is new. This gets even more annoying when a vanilla weapon competes with a new variant.

Archived