Jump to content

Why they dont announce in correct timezones?


WaifuJanna

Recommended Posts

If they say 25th in EU client, they should launch at 25th EU time... not 25th NA or Korea or Australia or whatever time...

We life in 2021. Can't be to hard to change the ingame announcement working with the correct LOCAL time.

 

If i order a flight to Australia the time on the ticket is in MY TIMEZONE aswell, and not in Australian time....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 минут назад, 16Bitman сказал:

Are you talking about Gara Prime access?

 

She will be here in 2 hours.

Dunno how you figured this out, but thank you.
Sincerely, sitting till 1:00 AM gang

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, B501. said:

Dunno how you figured this out, but thank you.
Sincerely, sitting till 1:00 AM gang

Historically, the new Prime Access is at 2:00pm US Eastern Time. You can use that time frame for future releases and save yourself from being stuck at the screen waiting for the update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)C11H22O11:

Think of playing Warframe like you're playing in Canada, that's the timezone of the game.

Yes , based on google. in Canada its already in the middle of the day too??? Isnt working hours from 8:00-15:30?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

Yes , based on google. in Canada its already in the middle of the day too??? Isnt working hours from 8:00-15:30?

Well when it comes to releases for warframe working hours sometimes seems to be past 8pm. Especially in the early days of the game.

I remember when they released a patch at like 3-4 am european time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Oggyswe said:

Well when it comes to releases for warframe working hours sometimes seems to be past 8pm. Especially in the early days of the game.

I remember when they released a patch at like 3-4 am european time. 

I think that was the sacrifice patch, wasn't it?

Those aren't really working hours, but special condition overtime hours, commonly called crunch.

Unless DE has something really special planned, or something goes horribly wrong with the servers, they won't work at that time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, WaifuJanna said:

If i order a flight to Australia the time on the ticket is in MY TIMEZONE aswell, and not in Australian time....

I mean, you're citing an entirely different kind of business that literally requires translating human bodies between time zones.  Just because McDonald's will put ketchup on my hamburger doesn't mean I should expect DE to do the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

I think that was the sacrifice patch, wasn't it?

Those aren't really working hours, but special condition overtime hours, commonly called crunch.

Unless DE has something really special planned, or something goes horribly wrong with the servers, they won't work at that time.

True but it happens. Thats my point so planing after their work hours when you think the patch will drop wont always work. Since they do over time aswell. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Many live service game will state time relative to the server when doing releases, patches, daily reset or other stuff like that. It always been listed in PDT/PST as most game company have server based in North America. In the Case of DE its based on the Home Office being in Ontario Canada. Like any other time they gave time for something it is based EDT/EST.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 5 Minuten schrieb ReddyDisco:

whats the rush? you'll farm the weapons and frame in a day and be back to complaining about no content again

At this point there's more annoying whiny people complaining about imaginary complaints about a lack of content than there are actual complaints. Just stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Honestly, if you make a post like this about 98% of people will just in one form or another and with more or less sarcasm tell you to wait and be patient. 
What you are asking for is a set time to be announced in the "announcement" so its not a big ask, it just won't be taken as such by the majority of the community.
Most of whom will see your small problem with DE announcements as a personal attack on themselves because they love DE to that extent. 

 

As to why they don't give out a specific hour is so they can patch in last minute bugs and such to make sure that most people get to play the game, without a set hour they have the room to breathe and take care of any unexpected problems when they arise. 
 

Personally just gonna Netflix for 1 more hour and see if its here, if not ill play something else. :o  
Just to make it clear, I feel the same as you but it is what it is, can't rly blame them for doing it this way since they have a solid reason as to why. 
Sorry if this was a long read. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe DE should do presale/reservation for prime access

Everyone aside from prime access just wait, with farm and everything it will take at least 3 days to a week, so whats the issue about few hours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

you know, there are converters that can show what time something will happen in your timezone, and over time I've learned time differences: where I live, Baro appears at 2PM Sorties refresh at 5PM, PA packs release at around 6PM, Devstreams at 7PM. I'd rather everything just all refreshed at 5PM, but that's not something DE intends to do it seems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Holy hell you people, he's not complaining about the release time or anything, just that they script the announcements so it auto-converts (in game or on website) to user local time. There are plenty of companies and games that do this but some just don't bother. Its annoying to have to convert everything as an international customer when a tiny script on their end can make it work for everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Luxienna said:

If they say 25th in EU client, they should launch at 25th EU time... not 25th NA or Korea or Australia or whatever time...

We life in 2021. Can't be to hard to change the ingame announcement working with the correct LOCAL time.

 

If i order a flight to Australia the time on the ticket is in MY TIMEZONE aswell, and not in Australian time....

They're qualified to post when they're doing something in their own timezone. You're qualified to figure it out from there, so there's no need for them to do a bunch of math for global locations and ensure they got it right.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...