Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Prime: Update 30.3.0

[DE]Rebecca

45 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed issue when using Sepfahn strike without a skin (rotating on every holster/unholster), was previously fixed only with skin applied.

Actually it's NOT fixed at all. And no skin fixed it before either. The sheath keeps rotating if you step forward or crouch

PLEASE FIX

2 minutes ago, iHeuksal said:

Wait, daily standing should be increased ... why am I still seeing my MR29 limit as before?

72IZevg.png

You could have at least updated the current daily limit standing table by a simple SQL query ...

i believe the change is made for people with low mastery to be a QoL for them, Max rep amount should still cap at 31k at Mr30. 

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Momaw  Would be nice to clear up that section as can be misleading.

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Xkore98:

Well this update broke Warframe on Steam...

I can't launch it its says "Game is not available on your current platform"

Broke my game too, the size of the game folder dropped to 18.8GB and when I start the Warframe launcher it says "update failed" even though the update was done.

Thankies for the Update

I personally would preferred a Toggle for Gara to have the Glass on always and never ... I know she is the Glass frame but the glass doesn't color well and I much prefer her body shape without all the glass covering it... Plus that lattice gooy glass skirt thing is just... ugh
But whatever

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

i believe the change is made for people with low mastery to be a QoL for them, Max rep amount should still cap at 31k at Mr30.

Would be nice to clear up that section as can be misleading.

If you look in your Profile you see the new maximum for your mastery rank. However the amount of points you can earn are "refilled" at your first login after the start of a server-day, which is 20:00 eastern time. Hope that clarifies the numbers you are seeing.

58 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

You have requested many times (many, many, times) to have a UI toggle that will give you control over whether Gara's glass armor parts will "shatter" while using Splinter Storm. You want to use this power all the time, but it makes your warframe look so much less... shiny when you do.

Given how persistent and unified this feedback is, we've decided to simply make this power not remove her armor plates while it is active. Adding a toggle adds significantly more complexity to the code and significantly more chances for things to break than just not having the effect at all.

As others have pointed out, the reason why the feedback was "persistent and unified" was because those who liked the way it worked before had no reason to speak out on the matter, especially when what was being asked for was a toggle that would not effect them (outside of potentially a single trip to whatever menu the toggle would be housed in, depending on what it defaults to). Forcing the opposite just means you've changed which group of players is unhappy, rather than giving everyone what they want.

If adding a toggle is really that much of an issue, why not make the permanent glass an auxiliary cosmetic option (so her Auxiliary menu would have options for permanent glass for whatever mesh she's using, the deluxe skin's glass wings, and both together)? Slightly hacky as solutions go, but less likely to cause breakage.

• Like 25

This update disrupted the disruption game mode (see what I did there?)

Hard crash once you finish the 2nd conduit, tested multiple times on apollo - lua.

Thanks for this update and the mandatory hotfix(es)!

Lots of love,

Bed

Edited by BEDSPRINGER
  • Like 1

Thank you for all the fixes! It was fun to read through the changes >w>

Though I'm a bit sad you didn't go with a toggle for Gara's armor. I 100% understand those who wished to keep the armor on but me (not a Gara main by any means), I liked the effect of shattering her own armor and the lore connections.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, metvincent said:

Can you guys make a survey on the community opinion to see if people like Xaku's attachment dissapearing while using The Vast Untime?

I haven't met anyone who likes their fashion frame dissapearing when using that skill of theirs.

PS: Although I'm glad Gara's armor is no longer being jettisoned out of her body when using Splinter Storm, you really should've made it a toggle for those who didn't want the change.

They explicitly explained why they weren't making it a toggle -- because that introduces not just more coding work, but also introduces opportunities for things to have bugs.

28 minutes ago, Xkore98 said:

Well this update broke Warframe on Steam...

I can't launch it its says "Game is not available on your current platform"

Try restarting steam. I launched mine just fine and my Steam has been open since before the Warframe update, so you might be missing a steam update

4 minutes ago, cittran said:

They explicitly explained why they weren't making it a toggle -- because that introduces not just more coding work, but also introduces opportunities for things to have bugs.

The same thing can be said about literally any change to the game. Should all development stall because new content needs new code and that code might have bugs? It's an excuse, and it's a terrible excuse.

• Like 9

With railjack updates and fixes, tennogen and new frame releases behind, I hope you get a moment to revise Valkyr (especially in regards to her 1 and 3, talons scaling and the awful Enraged augment). Venka Prime as her signature weapon, maybe? Oh, and a glimpse at her second deluxe, please!

Edited by Albert_Porkins

i'm in the boat of there should be a toggle if you wanted to appease to 1 community of gara fans. i, for one, think the glass on her base frame is terribly ugly, and would always 2 to get it off me. you can't do anything with armor attachments with it. especially the chest. GG you made some happy, made some not happy. because you didn't wanna do the "complex" work of a toggle.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Given how persistent and unified this feedback is, we've decided to simply make this power not remove her armor plates while it is active

By that logic, grab bags should have been looked at already. Because unless you mean something else, there is a whole lot of unified and persistent feedback about grab bags as twitch drops

• Like 5

• Fixed inability to use Melee Heavy Attack after second Sevagoth Shadow summon unless Melee is already in hand.

•  

Thank you for this fix. Here are so more bugs and feedback regarding Sevagoth.

Still existing bugs on Sevagoth as of 5/25/21.

• Melee animation failure on Shadow. I believe it is caused by attack speed going too high. Attacks still strike but the claws just flail behind him like a syndana.
  • Gloom clutter on sentinels making it very difficult to see. This persists regardless of energy color. Fixed.
  • Poor functionality (small hitbox, launching you into the air) with consume. I Suggest changing the ability function to more closely resemble Atlas first ability.
  • Unable to switch press/hold functionality of reap in the menu.
  • Unable to block as shadow without going into dedicated melee mode despite not having ranged weapons.
  • Inability to gain affinity on Sevagoth while using exalted shadow.
  • Unable to aim the shadow created by reap while in dedicated melee mode.
  • Occasionally unable to use heavy attack as exalted shadow. Unsure what is causing this. Fixed.

Feedback: While not as important as bug fixes a few things I'd still like to see.

• Sow being able to be recast clearing previous instances.
  • Being able to cast exalted shadow above 1% soul well similar to Baruuk's restraint.
  • Allowing operator mode to not disable exalted shadow similar to how it no longer disables Razorwing.
  • Reduce gravity while gliding as shadow.

Update: Another bug bites the dust! Thanks DE. 6 more bugs that I personally know of to go.

4 suggestions. 

Edited by Velaethia
  • Like 2

• Converted Kuva Liches can now be used as ‘On Call’ Crewmates.

•  

This is awesome. Mostly because I was anticipating this being the rank 10 unlock.

Honestly I would never use a Kuva Lich as an On-Call crewmate because the one thing that makes them useful (their tankiness) is mitigated by regular crewmates being able to use fully modded weapons. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cittran said:

I've read the post specifying that hours before the hotfix was deployed. They should've worked it out regardless instead of taking the easy way out.

Neither you nor me know how Gara is coded. They just introduced a bunch of UI changes, and with it a lot of possible bugs as well. As if we don't have bugs that have been around for years already.

I prefer the current change, Gara's glass armor being kept while having Splinter Storm on. So what's your problem with giving people the option instead of forcing them out of it? If you're going to repeat the "opportunities for bugs" thing, please go back and re-read the paragraph above.

• Like 6