Gara Prime: Update 30.3.0

On 2021-05-25 at 7:56 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

You have requested many times (many, many, times) to have a UI toggle that will give you control over whether Gara's glass armor parts will "shatter" while using Splinter Storm. You want to use this power all the time, but it makes your warframe look so much less... shiny when you do.

can we toggle it or what's going on?

• Like 4

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Metalikka:

If you think he doesn't need a rework play him again and understand how he works not not ask for a rework, his globe is not supposed to break under 10 seconds facing enemies above lvl 100 with 250% power strength tho as a headsup. 

the fact you use 250% strength for a globe build alone shows me you dont understand how to use him 

13 hours ago, JamesVahn said:

The Glaive is somehow change its mechanic, i cant fluidly throw and there is a delay when jumping and throwing and it seems unresponsive can you fix this?

I experienced this also, when played with Xoris. To me, it looks like Trigger press is not registered middle of catching animation. Now Xoris feels laggy and weird to use.

Maybe it has something to do with fix that they made for glaives. Please fix my beloved Xoris.

3 hours ago, FSK41 said:

mind elaborating on  ,,interesting'' as I dont know what you are trying to say exactly 

not trying to say anything, not trying to be sarcastic. It was interesting to read and see your perspective, that's all :)

Le 25/05/2021 à 19:56, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

PLUS! As an added Gara QoL change, her glass armor no longer disappears during Splinter Storm!

You have requested many times (many, many, times) to have a UI toggle that will give you control over whether Gara's glass armor parts will "shatter" while using Splinter Storm. You want to use this power all the time, but it makes your warframe look so much less... shiny when you do.

Given how persistent and unified this feedback is, we've decided to simply make this power not remove her armor plates while it is active. Adding a toggle adds significantly more complexity to the code and significantly more chances for things to break than just not having the effect at all.

We hope this change will be appealing to everybody living on the cutting edge of Gara fashion.

it's bad for those who haven't asked for anything....

• Like 6

Please, revert the Gara "QOL" changes. 

They are exactly the opposite of a QOL, now theres no visual que in Splinter Storm while using her VERY CLUSTERED deluxe skin. Its also imposible to see while using her Prime Ephemera, it obscures teh frame till the point that the shards are literally invisible.

I really dont consider 3 forum post with barely 10 replies as "many, many, many peple wanting it". The change clash with the description and the frame people been playing for years, if some otheres were bothered by it, they have plenty of others to chose from.

People wanted a TOGGLE, not ruining the frame for everybody else. And here I was, having hopes of crossplay announced this Tennocon but they CANT MAKE A TOGGLE.

Thank you.

On 2021-05-26 at 7:33 PM, Catomb said:

it's bad for those who haven't asked for anything....

THIS.

Please, remove Xaku, Sevagoth and Titania abilities too, we never see them in their normal form. Thank you. 😈

• Like 6

Why suddenly the credit booster was replaced with resource booster in the Gara Prime access without any official notice about that?

Paying so much for all of the stuff for the booster just be taken away? I've spent my own plat on the resource booster because I was counting on the fact that I got the credit booster from the prime access, but DE just changes their minds and replacing the credit booster with something I don't need.

This is just totally unfair, especially for the amount of money paid for this access.

Capture.png

And also the decision of removing Gara's armor in her ability is ridiculous, I don't like those changes and prefer the QOL to be reverted.  

• Like 4

On 2021-05-25 at 12:56 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

‘Friends’ Screen Changes:

• Everything is now more neatly displayed on a single screen. Previously tucked away features such as ‘Recent Players’, ‘Available Sessions’, and ‘Batch Remove’ are now immediately visible and accessible. 

• Added ‘Recruit Tenno’ option - This will take you directly to the ‘Refer a Friend’ page on the Warframe website to recruit your pals and earn rewards for doing so.

Okay I glossed over this part and I opened the friends' list for the first time since the update and I hate it

rather than make a complaint thread this early under UI feedback I'll make a list of questions at the source.

Why are recruit tenno and batch remove (Two utterly useless buttons) prominently featured in the new UI and why are they so much bigger than the online/pending/offline buttons? 

On 2021-05-25 at 12:56 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

You can now “Favorite” Friends in your Friends list by right clicking on their name. Favoriting Friends will add a star next to their name and will bump them to the top of your lists, both when they are on and offline. If you wish to “Unfavorite” simply right click on their name again and select that option. 

Why the heck would we ever need to favorite any of our friends when we can just batch remove them instead? You obviously featured the wrong button and done gone and made it a testimony to the state of the game. Like, what the heck even was the thinking behind this UI change? I am beyond words.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Totterson said:

Okay I glossed over this part and I opened the friends' list for the first time since the update and I hate it

rather than make a complaint thread this early under UI feedback I'll make a list of questions at the source.

Why are recruit tenno and batch remove (Two utterly useless buttons) prominently featured in the new UI and why are they so much bigger than the online/pending/offline buttons? 

Why the heck would we ever need to favorite any of our friends when we can just batch remove them instead? You obviously featured the wrong button and done gone and made it a testimony to the state of the game. Like, what the heck even was the thinking behind this UI change? I am beyond words.

The recruit and batch remove options are perfect for clan management, (me being one of the people who deals with recruting and removing players) especially batch remove, as before you had to remove those who were pending for a while one by one which took forever. As for the favourites option.... i dont know where they were going with that idea lmao

2 minutes ago, MrOxen11 said:

The recruit and batch remove options are perfect for clan management

Fair, but the recruit button takes you to your referral page to invite somebody who hasn't played the game to... play the game. It was on the old UI so I guess it's okay for it to be on the new UI but I don't get why they shouldn't just tuck it away like they tucked away batch remove.

On the subject of batch remove, I agree that it's a useful tool to the right person but it should've been a smaller sub-button like it was previously, not a huge featured button, that's my primary complaint.

On 2021-05-27 at 1:11 AM, FSK41 said:

the fact you use 250% strength for a globe build alone shows me you dont understand how to use him 

The fact that you don't use 250% strength for a globe build alone shows me you don't understand how to use him.

Can Excalibur Umbra get fixes for the bugs he has. The bugs make it very hard to enjoy playing him, especially if you're not host.

The notable ones are abilities being toggled off like exalted blade and even helminth abilities. This happens whether you're host or not.

The other big one is when you're not hosting you get teleported back to Excalibur Umbra anytime you go into operator mode as if you have Magus Revert, even though you don't.

• Like 1

well since this particular patch came out im unable to start game........click launcher..... then when i click play game crashes.

never had it before

now the game doesnt work at all..

On 2021-05-26 at 12:56 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Crew Piloting the Railjack will now hold position when you are either in the Archwing Slingshot or using the Forward Artillery. 

• To help players engage their targets, the Pilot will prefer to point the ship at targets that you are aiming at.

Not Working, my pilot crew still as stupid as before.
I  have a Gunner crew with 0-5-0-3-5 competency, I temporarily use her as a pilot when I am away to ground mission, it works okay except when I try to use the forward artillery.
Does the pilot crew have to has 5 competency in piloting for this to work?

• Like 1

I agree with what many people already said:
Just disabling the "removing glass effect" on Gara with splinter storm just makes her loose realism and even some personnality & clarity in it's gameplay.

If this kind of decision is taken, then why keeping Xaku's stripped form? Titania's fairy's form? Sevagoth's? Khora's? Atlas'? Grendel's? And so on.
Such choices of deleting aspects of frames uniqueness are just making the visual aspect poorer, less immersive & overall the game less interesting to play.

SOME people (and not many many many) asked for a toggle option, not just removing it, while A LOT of others weren't saying anything just because they were completely satisfied by it as it was. And a toggle (or any kind of way to give choice) would have been appreciated by everyone and could even be a stepping stone to give more customisation possible on multiple frames (yes, it would ask more work and cleaning in code & stuff, but if it becomes a mechanic usedull for multiple frames, it could definitly worth it).

And if the toggle were really THAT hard to put without making the game unstable (though the game was working with the effect, and still working with quite the same stability once removed, so it doesn't feel like it worth the loss), there is always other solutions, like the one suggested here:

Le 25/05/2021 à 21:05, Corvid a dit :

As others have pointed out, the reason why the feedback was "persistent and unified" was because those who liked the way it worked before had no reason to speak out on the matter, especially when what was being asked for was a toggle that would not effect them (outside of potentially a single trip to whatever menu the toggle would be housed in, depending on what it defaults to). Forcing the opposite just means you've changed which group of players is unhappy, rather than giving everyone what they want.

If adding a toggle is really that much of an issue, why not make the permanent glass an auxiliary cosmetic option (so her Auxiliary menu would have options for permanent glass for whatever mesh she's using, the deluxe skin's glass wings, and both together)? Slightly hacky as solutions go, but less likely to cause breakage.

In one word, I sincerely hope that DE will give the players a way to choose to keep it or not, one way or another because it will really become sad if they begin to cut more and more of good content from their game over time.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
hace 15 horas, Onyxtraz dijo:

I agree with what many people already said:
Just disabling the "removing glass effect" on Gara with splinter storm just makes her loose realism and even some personnality & clarity in it's gameplay.

If this kind of decision is taken, then why keeping Xaku's stripped form? Titania's fairy's form? Sevagoth's? Khora's? Atlas'? Grendel's? And so on.
Such choices of deleting aspects of frames uniqueness are just making the visual aspect poorer, less immersive & overall the game less interesting to play.

These are my feelings too, remove every interaction that affects the shape and visibility of frames (making the game dull and uninteresting, in this category we have Rhino, Titania, Gauss, Protea, Gara, Nidus, Ivara, Octavia, Loki, Hildryn, etc, etc, etc.), remove none, or add a toggle if you want the whole cake. You have to make a clear design desition.

As things are right now, Gara went from my favourite frame to one I despise looking at because it reminds me of something I liked taken away from me. At least you could've have decency and offer refunds since the Prime Access was up before you ruined her.

Edited by MoonCrisis

• 2 weeks later...