Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel suffers from "hard landing" animation while using Pulverize

Zesty_Sandwich

After landing on the ground from a great height or speed, Warframes will perform a "hard-landing" animation where they put their hands and a knee on the ground, taking a second or two to recover from the landing before they can get moving again. Grendel appears to suffer from this while using his Pulverize ability, and it is even more noticeable when using his Catapult augment to reach greater speeds. If Grendel rolls off a cliff or lands on the ground at high speeds, he will be unable to move for a couple seconds, losing all of his momentum. This isn't immediately obvious via animations, because Grendel is in the form of a ball; the only way to tell is when he is completely unable to move after a hard landing. I don't imagine this being an intentional interaction, as Gauss can avoid hard landings by using Mach Rush. Grendel should be able to avoid hard landings while using Pulverize since he is intended to reach high speeds with Catapult, and bounce around a lot in general. The loss of momentum when using Pulverize greatly breaks the flow of his gameplay.

6 minutes ago, XHADgaming said:

Doesn't oberon have the same problem with his hollowed ground?

From my understanding, Hallowed Ground gives you status immunity, but hard landings aren't a status. I think they're classified differently from staggers and knockdowns.

Archived