Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara Prime: Hotfix 30.3.1

[DE]Megan

Thanks for the news

By the way,

Please let us toggle between open/closed on the night hunter syandanas, its one of the nicest looking syandanas in the entire game when open but look like a backpack for 99,9% of the time

Please read my reply, thank you Digital Extreme!

15 hours ago, SiliconHydra said:

While I don't agree with the overt negativity in this post, the points regarding textures and the lighting are very valid.

DE: Are you basically telling us HDR or bust? For those of us (who could manage just fine with customized settings before) with migraines, epilepsy, seizures or chronic light sensitivity and headaches - are we just sadly out of luck unless we all upgrade?

Dumb question maybe, but how does HDR bring back the toggle for Autoexposure ? Or more control over the lightsources? So far I haven't found any way around it. HDR or not. I am running a double build, but was unable to find a solution even with all the fancy new technologies.
Apologies in advance if I didn't understand you properly. Got one of my migraine days and my IQ is sub-basement.

On 2021-05-25 at 11:41 PM, Her_Lovely_Tentacles said:

Since we are on the topic of QoL, could we get the huge broken lens flares removed that cause your screen to be covered in black boxes when looking at Kuva Siphons?

Or is that actually intended behaviour, and Kuva Siphons are just too sexy, and must be censored?

I have the same issue but not only in kuva siphon missions. it doesnt happen that often but it happens

2 hours ago, Silescere said:

Dumb question maybe, but how does HDR bring back the toggle for Autoexposure ? Or more control over the lightsources? So far I haven't found any way around it. HDR or not. I am running a double build, but was unable to find a solution even with all the fancy new technologies.
Apologies in advance if I didn't understand you properly. Got one of my migraine days and my IQ is sub-basement.

No worries. As it has been explained to me running Warframe with an HDR monitor cuts the blown out glare significantly because the lighting has been reformatted to run through a HDR monitor exclusively... which is why the exposure is overblown on non-HDR monitors. As to why a toggle can't be added back into the system - I admittedly lack the technical expertise to comment.

Hence my original question. Hope that helps.

On 2021-05-27 at 5:25 PM, SiliconHydra said:

No worries. As it has been explained to me running Warframe with an HDR monitor cuts the blown out glare significantly because the lighting has been reformatted to run through a HDR monitor exclusively... which is why the exposure is overblown on non-HDR monitors. As to why a toggle can't be added back into the system - I admittedly lack the technical expertise to comment.

Hence my original question. Hope that helps.

Aaah, so it is about the monitor. Not just the ingame switch... that explains a lot. Thank you :) Yeah, buying monitor is out of the question, really. And I find it a pretty... lets say..."interesting" course to take. That's a big middlefinger in the players face, if it were like that.

Why the toggle can't be added back, noone can tell. We suspect we lack "vision" tbh.

On 2021-05-26 at 10:59 AM, master_of_destiny said:

Profit-Taker now being a complete joke...because Mechs resist knock-back, nullify magnetic damage, and can heal infinitely as long as you're Bonewidow (not new, but needed to be said)....check.

Im trying to understand why this is a problem tbh, it makes it easier to complete profit taker compared to before mechs were in the game, which was hell if you dont have primed sure footed

2 hours ago, MrOxen11 said:

Im trying to understand why this is a problem tbh, it makes it easier to complete profit taker compared to before mechs were in the game, which was hell if you dont have primed sure footed

Maybe you need to slow down, and review the history.  Let me summarize.

1) Fortuna released without any orb mothers.  It was promised, and shown off, but not released.

2) Months later DE decided to introduce the new boss...and a quest string to get the parts for a single archwing deployer.

3) All of the archwing weapons sucked.  The best weapon was the imperator vandal...because the weapon you'd think for high damage to a single target (velocitus) required a charge-up, had a refractory period after firing, and because of the insanely now ammo count it was useless.

4) DE then introduced the chain radiation archgun.  It was OK.  The Profit Taker remained a boss that actually required teamwork from most players.  This was because the elemental damage was a mechanic that wasn't timed invincibility, and your requirement for using the archwing guns made things mildly challenging.

5) Along with the radiation archwing gun you got Hildryn.  Oh boy, shield gating.  

6) DE lets the Profit Taker sit....because after getting enough Crimson Toroids people generally stopped giving a crap about the battle.  Once you have the couple of good arcanes and the cosmetics there's no reason to go back.  Ditto with the Exploiter orb, radiation archwing gun, and Hildryn.

7) DE introduces Deimos.  It introduces nothing about the mechs initially, despite the mech section.  It's an upcoming feature, so after the mission segment prepare for a standing grind, an RNG grind, a mod grind, and all of this to get access to a mech that literally couldn't equip mods in all slots if fully levelled.  

8) The mechs are patched into the game.  Bonewidow is added later.  By this I mean DE copied the Kuva/Paracesis style 2 levels per forma grind, with a 5 forma minimum requirement, that literally only could be played on the open worlds.  

9) To summarize, the Profit Taker literally was power creeped out of being a challenge.  Old content is no longer rewarding because the pool of rewards is static, it's not really a challenge when all of the mechanics can basically just be ignored with new content, and most frustratingly DE doesn't care.  They've moved on to void storms, and playing with the balance of Orphix Venom so there's literally no reason to even care about Fortuna unless you're a new player....and if you are it's worth it to skip the content entirely until you've got even a basic mech.  Oh goody.  I can add that it's actively killing the drive for participation of new players, because there's no reason to do it given that a similar time investment to having any mech will entirely outstrip the need for an archwing launcher...which also kills the "rare" rewards required to be ground out to build the item for archwing gun deployers.

If none of the above is clear, let's summarize real quick.  Octavia Prime exists.  I can farm relics, bang out a few void fissure missions, and build her.  I no longer have to do 20+ minute survivals with the infested for a chance at one of her parts.  Ditto with Equinox Prime, and the 9 parts (1 combined bp, 1 night bp, 3 night parts, 1 day bp, and 3 day parts). It's going to be the same with Harrow and the systems (I'll be happy to never have to grind defections ever again).

Let me be blunt, this is content that sucks.  It is content that will be ignored by new players.  It is insulting to the people that have spent years dealing with crap....only to have DE decide to make the grind easier for new players.  This isn't about veterans salty about new players, but about DE communicating that veterans can go suck a lemon...because if you just stop playing for 3 years they'll fix the balance issues.  I'm looking forward to two years from now when Grendel costs 10 vitus essence per locator, with 10 waves on the missions instead of 15.  It'll of course be a change for balance...and everyone who did the grind, on top of grind, to get an unbalanced mess of a frame will simply not care because there's something new and shiny.  After that, we'll get Grendel Prime and nobody will ever seek out Grendel parts.  

Archived