Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

questions about tennogen pricing

Delltic

Question

Today i went on my Nintendo switch account (i haven't played on it since release) and i noticed that you could buy tennogen and specific items with platinum. so i was curious as someone who is working on a tennogen skin and as someone who does want more tennogen skins why does the pc version of the game not support paying tennogen skins with platinum?

8 answers to this question

PC users pay for TennoGen through Steam for cash since it's built on Steam's marketplace/workshop thing and since it makes revenue share with the artists easier to manage. Cash is cash. Other platforms get TennoGen content for plat either because of Steam or because of limitations in those storefronts, I don't remember which. Could be both. In that case revenue share is handled differently, and I'm sure there's some conversion rate in place to get the artists paid the right amount.

Its because of how the companies work it.

On pc you get all the accepted tennogen console only gets the most popular stuff that will sell.

On pc the artists get a percentage of the profits. So if de makes 1000 bucks from your skin you get 10%.

Well on console they pay the artist an x sum based on how they think it will sell.  So they will pay you 20k as a one time lump sum for the skin. With the intent to sell it or the plat equivelent of at least 20k x number of times. They pay you for the rites of the skin on console. You don't share in the profits beyond the lump sum.

Get what im saying? Also if you look at price of plat per dollar on console vs pc theres differences and the coupon works different.

So on pc that 6.99 plus tax is actual equal or lower then consoles 165 plat.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

There is no crossplay or cross save. The accounts on each platform are seperate.

Its best to stick to one platform. And really pc has more advantages over console.

i know I'm saying that they have been working on cross save for a while now and that in the future how would that work regarding tennogen pricing

11 minutes ago, Delltic said:

i know I'm saying that they have been working on cross save for a while now and that in the future how would that work regarding tennogen pricing

I doubt cross save will ever happen.  But in theory if i bought skin A on ps4 and jumped over to pc i would get to use that skin. So long as it wasn't an exclusive platform skin or actually existed on both platforms.

So the renown skins are exclusive to playstation well on pc i could not use them.  Or if i bought a tennogen skin b on pc but it didnt exist on console i wouldn't be able to use it on console.

It would get really complicated. And when you consider the difference in value of plat or the discount coupons it becomes more complex.  Plat probably wouldn't transfer.

My most effective easy to get plat on pc for usd is the prime access. At 152 and some odd cents for the prime goodies and 4k plat.

My coupons don't let me discount usd on plat purchases. My best raw plat purchase is like 3k plat and 3 mods for i think 180 plus usd.

Pc players can get 4.3k plat for less then use a 75% coupon to save money.

But plat can't be used on as many things on pc.

I doubt costs would really change if cross save happens. Youd still be better off as a player on pc buying skins for usd then consoles with plat.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

On pc the artists get a percentage of the profits. So if de makes 1000 bucks from your skin you get 10%.

I suspect this was just numbers chosen for the sake of example but they actually get 30%.

Archived