I'm not sure about this game...

Lailu_

I'm having fun but... Literally there's a ton of rant about how DE handles bans and the fact that your account isn't even considered yours... Sorta makes me not wanna pay a dime, mostly because I rather not deal with the heartbreak after bonding with a game only to have it ripped away from me some day for one small wrong word. Even the regional chat seems iffy how everyone sounds like they're scared. Lota "wrongful bans" here and there.

I'll play but this is all just awkward...

17 minutes ago, MiraMew2 said:

I'm having fun but... Literally there's a ton of rant about how DE handles bans and the fact that your account isn't even considered yours... Sorta makes me not wanna pay a dime, mostly because I rather not deal with the heartbreak after bonding with a game only to have it ripped away from me some day for one small wrong word. Even the regional chat seems iffy how everyone sounds like they're scared. Lota "wrongful bans" here and there.

"wrongful bans" are not a thing. Don't be a jerk, don't be rude or racist, don't violate TOS by saying generally offensive remarks, don't cheat the game and don't do anything that is immoral/unethical...

Basically... Be a decent human being and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. The people complaining of 'wrongful bans' are people with the questional moral direction in life (and/or they don't have enough braincells to communicate like a normal human being).

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

"wrongful bans" are not a thing. Don't be a jerk, don't be rude or racist, don't violate TOS by saying generally offensive remarks, don't cheat the game and don't do anything that is immoral/unethical...

Basically... Be a decent human being and you have absolutely nothing to worry about. The people complaining of 'wrongful bans' are people with the questional moral direction in life (and/or they don't have enough braincells to communicate like a normal human being).

You forgot "don't play too long in endurance missions". That may result in punishment.

13 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

It's not even just about chat... Literally people go outside of warframes forums to complain because DE either banned them from forums so they can't complain here or just gave them the automated, non-detailed response on how to resolve a issue accurately. 

The affair of how things are handled just worry me right now.

Generally if your not doing something scetch with scetchy folks and talk only when needed you'll be fine.

I do think de does a lousy job with customer service and are too easily offended with their censorship and chat rules. But again its pretty easy to just avoid those headaches. And really if de goes under or shuts down the game we are all doomed. Which will eventually probably happen.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

Generally if your not doing somethig scetch with scetchy folks and talk only whrn needed you'll be fine.

I do think de does a lousy job with vustomer service and are too easily offended with their censorship and chat rules. But again its pretty easy to just svoid those headaches. And really if de hoes under or shuts down the game we are all doomed. Which will eventually probably happen.

This game is unique in so many aspects but all the waiting just to wait some more is sort of annoying, Why even make someone wait 24 hours to get to the next mastery rank? They seem to be so worried about ppl buying plat that they might aswell make plat applicable to not having to wait 24 hours to rank up.

8 minutes ago, MiraMew2 said:

This game is unique in so many aspects but all the waiting just to wait some more is sort of annoying, Why even make someone wait 24 hours to get to the next mastery rank? They seem to be so worried about ppl buying plat that they might aswell make plat applicable to not having to wait 24 hours to rank up.

Your not suppose to start building something then afk till its done. Run around snd do other stuff. Or hop off and do something else.

Grinding is the name of the game. Its not like other mmos with the trinity. Raid tiers and pvp seasons.

Keep in mind to as you unlock the starchart, gather stuff and figure out tricks. It becomes faster to power level stuff faster for example.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

Your not suppose to start building something then afk till its done. Run around snd do other stuff. Or hop off and do something else.

Grinding is the name of the game. Its not like other mmos with the trinity. Raid tiers and pvp seasons.

Ik, But I need to goto bed

10 minutes ago, (PSN)thowed said:

Your account isn't considered yours in any online game though.

I think some games like eve is legally considered yours. But thats because eve accounts can make you real life money and thus considered income or a bank account.

Generally though yes game accounts are not typically considered our property.

Your account on virtually all online platforms isn't yours and their owners do reserve the right to terminate your account with zero reason or warning. But that being said there is only a single situation where you can get your account "wrongfully" banned as every other instance that has ever been reported has been under dubious circumstances or we're only getting a single claim of what happened.

That one situation being if your plat balance goes negative where you're then banned until you purchase enough platinum through DE to restore your balance to 0. And getting in that situation requires you to get plat from another player, spend that plat you now own, and the person you got it from runs a credit refund through their card holder which then prompts DE to pull the plat from the game.

It's unfortunate that innocent players can get caught in that crossfire but it's not as common as people like to claim and is a necessary evil to prevent people from dumping plat onto mule accounts to get plat for free.

2 hours ago, MiraMew2 said:

For one, what you think you own is actually what you lease in a lot of things. Software, accounts...they've got your name but they're not yours the same way an apartment you rent isn't (technically) yours. You just have a contract to dwell within it.

For two, on the heartbreak thing...fear and anxiety and the like, they're absolute crud at probability. They're so bad they barely bother. They just figure what's most likely based on what you give the most attention to. If you give a lot of attention to the cases where people were banned for smaller things, it's going to feel more likely. But feelings don't necessarily reflect reality.

So relax. Focus on the fun stuff. Enjoy it while your time with it is enjoyable.

DE has a zero tolerance policy. It's pretty much exactly how I ran bar back when I bartended. You start spouting some racist, sexist or bigoted nonsense and you're 86. You're done, leaving now and never stepping foot in the joint again. I don't care if how long you've been a customer, how much money you spent or who you know, you messed up and there are consequences for your actions. People come here to have a good time and enjoy themselves, if you feel that voicing your opinion is more important than everybody else's good time and start making other customers uncomfortable, it's time for you to leave immediately and never return. 

It's not hard to figure out. Conduct yourself in a civil manner and you won't have any problems. Start running your mouth with some offensive bs and you will be dealt with. 

Theres certain limits. To be fair. Not everyone gets upset over the same things.  We can't say de handles every situation civily themselves.

The meme about you know who is an example of sillyness where de punishing people for a meme is a bit much.

By censoring or trying to silence people it just further puts gas on the fire. Instead of people just being afults and moving on if they don't find it funny.

Politics and other kinda dirty words are another area that people tend to overblow.

59 minutes ago, (PSN)Kakurine2 said:

I think some games like eve is legally considered yours. But thats because eve accounts can make you real life money and thus considered income or a bank account.

Generally though yes game accounts are not typically considered our property.

... wait... what?

3 hours ago, MiraMew2 said:

The terms of service stating that your account isnt yours is a standard thing even on pay to play games. If you don't agree to them for whatever reason, there's little to add here by discussing with others who did agree and play the game. So here's my advice or 2 cents:

Play the game only if you enjoy it truly. No pressure. 

Don't be racist, homophobic, transphobic or a jerk in shape or form. The community is only as friendly and inclusive as the people who are part of it. 

If you feel you've been wrongfully banned at any point in the future and if you think your case is genuine. Appeal the ban. I know a lot of players who have got back their account because of wrongful bans. Some of these decisions may or may not have been automated and these things don't happen to everyone. 

The game is fine. Don't be a forehead in chat or in game and you have nothing to worry about. Same as most other games really.

Only thing I will add is be careful if you get into trading and selling stuff. There is the issue of people using crap platinum to trade for stuff and innocent people gwttjngnlocked out because DE hoiks the crap plat out with no regard for whoever has it at the time.

4 hours ago, MiraMew2 said:

This is the most entitled community in the world where kids who actually curse and swear against the rules will still try to fight rightful bans. 

Get as far as you can from the dreaded community aspect of warframe. don't watch youtube videos about warframe unless they're straight up how-to guides. Just play the game that you are having fun with. If you really have to, stick with this forum in Players Helping Players. That seems to be the only place where the fabled kind players hang out and people are not trying to kill each other.

Don't break any rules, you'll be perfectly fine. Enjoy the game, tenno!

Archived