Review companion survivability in 2021

Posted (edited)

I believe DE should review companion survivability, especially in modes such as Arbitration and Steelpath.

Enhanced Vitality and Metal Fiber are basically trash because companions have very low base health and armor.

Link Health and Link Armor works well for some frames (Inaros) but very poorly with other frames (casters) that use other means of survival:

• limbo: rift
  • hildryn: shields
  • caster frames: quick thinking

Some possible suggestions, ranged from minor tweaks to huge changes:

1. Combine Link Health and Link Shield into a single mod and buff it, giving +200 Health-link and Shield-link.

2. Companion base health and armor also scale with map levels, similar to spectors, making Enhanced Vitality and Metal Fiber worth using.

3. Companions are immortal, except from death via Sacrifice.

BTW, just when are we getting another prime Sentinel? It has been a while.

Edited by wtflag
  • Like 3

said it before, and I'll say it again:

DE needs to decide what companions are supposed to be: an active combat aid that increases DPS, or a form of extra utility. if Companions are suppsoed to have damaging weapon and abilities to help Vs enemeis, then they need to be doing more damage than they are now, a lot of Sentinel weapons are still very sub-par compared to most Warframe weapons. if DE would rather them just be used for the utility, then companions should all be made immortal because they are of no threat to enemies and are just there to give ammo/ regen to our warframes. 

pick one. because right now DE are trying to do both and are failing, because they don't do enough damage to have a major effect on DPS and getting killed all the time prevents them from providing utility benefits.

8 hours ago, wtflag said:

BTW, just when are we getting another prime Sentinel? It has been a while.

I imagine we *might* get Djinn Prime with Nidus Prime, and a lot of the primes afterwards have only one signature weapon, allowing a slot for a Sentinel to be primed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

said it before, and I'll say it again:

DE needs to decide what companions are supposed to be: an active combat aid that increases DPS, or a form of extra utility. if Companions are suppsoed to have damaging weapon and abilities to help Vs enemeis, then they need to be doing more damage than they are now, a lot of Sentinel weapons are still very sub-par compared to most Warframe weapons. if DE would rather them just be used for the utility, then companions should all be made immortal because they are of no threat to enemies and are just there to give ammo/ regen to our warframes. 

pick one. because right now DE are trying to do both and are failing, because they don't do enough damage to have a major effect on DPS and getting killed all the time prevents them from providing utility benefits.

I imagine we *might* get Djinn Prime with Nidus Prime, and a lot of the primes afterwards have only one signature weapon, allowing a slot for a Sentinel to be primed. 

why not both?

rework the sentinel mods to make it look like how you mod your railjack avionics so that each person can build their sentinels for different situations