Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive throwing bug since last patch

StilettoStyle

Hello, i just wanted to point out that trowing gliave, detonating it and then catching it "too fast" makes it so that u cant trow it again with first button press. Both E and Left click share this problem.

Easy way to recreate problem is to keep trowing gliave and detonating it, catching it and trying to trow it again. It doesnt happend every single time, but its quite often.

Its not stance mod problem i tested it happens without stance mod as well.  Sadly i cannot test with other then Xoris as i dont own any other gliave, but i doubt its Xoris problem.
I have to point out that it has nothing to do with self stagger or so. I play with gliave alot and this was not happening before last patch.
Asked in my clan and few people that play with gliaves as well have noticed problem too.

I hope it gets fixed. Let me know if i can provide more info. Thanks!

I dont understand why theres no proper bug reporting tag for things like this so i had to chose random tag.

I strictly use glaives, so the difference was immediately noticeable. I'll be referring to the linking of throws, or queuing up of the next throw, as 'priming' or 'loading'.

The mechanics of this priming have been changed, in an unintended way, hopefully.

1. Before this patch, a flying glaive would complete it's flight path, if not exploded with your heavy attack, and upon returning to you the next throw would initiate. This is no longer the case. Now if your glaive is in flight and you prime your next throw, the glaive cancels itself and instantly returns and initiates your next throw.

2. Before this patch, an exploded glaive would initiate your next throw if you were priming it. This is barely the case now. Now, exploding the glaive has a noticeable hitch, it's very similar to trying to chain throws on a laggy host. The fluidity of chaining throws and exploding them is COMPLETELY GONE. You can half the time get your 2nd and 3rd chained throw to work properly, but never past the 3rd chain. If exploding your glaives in flight, you CANNOT fluidly chain past 3 throws.

This is what I've noticed in my ~15 minutes of playing at 10pm-ish EST. It is so borked now, that I had to stop and write this. Like, it's honestly ruined the flow of glaive combat.

This is the 'fix' that, I believe, has somehow completely ruined the flow of glaive combat.

• Fixed getting stuck in a Glaive throwing loop when using a Glaive that's modded for high Attack Speed.

6 minutes ago, JamesVahn said:

Okay i thought it was just me can they revert it back? i want the old style my overall gameplay is affected now, when throwing glaives

All we can really hope for is that they even bother to responding to this.  It's rare that they seem to care about 'trivial' stuff like this.  This is why I believe the more noise we can make, the better.

As per title. 

Throwing glaives is now harder to consistently re-throw since the patch. Its not completely broken or anything, but definitely way worse than it was pre patch.

Reddit post on the matter for example of the issues.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/nl78hb/well_deyouve_broken_glaive_throwing_with_this/

And I'm no stranger to the way it was since the rework - I've used the glaive a lot since

oUQh1BD.png

Hi Tenno! This issue will be fixed in the next Hotfix:

• Changed a parameter related to rapidly throwing your Glaive to put it back to the way it was before Update 30.3.
    • The update accidentally introduced a work in progress version of something that wasn’t ready yet.

3 hours ago, [DE]Saske said:

Hi Tenno! This issue will be fixed in the next Hotfix:

• Changed a parameter related to rapidly throwing your Glaive to put it back to the way it was before Update 30.3.
    • The update accidentally introduced a work in progress version of something that wasn’t ready yet.

It's fixed!  wee

• 7 months later...

so i just recently obtained [Glaive Prime] and ive noticed that quite frequently, it will, all together just somehow vanish and no longer be useable in the mission, and rather it just shows my warframe clutching....basically nothing and the arm makes no movement....anyone else noticed this? Any proper fix?

11 hours ago, ShaDOSAnArChY said:

so i just recently obtained [Glaive Prime] and ive noticed that quite frequently, it will, all together just somehow vanish and no longer be useable in the mission, and rather it just shows my warframe clutching....basically nothing and the arm makes no movement....anyone else noticed this? Any proper fix?

Been having the exact same problem. Just as I finished putting formas on Ivara as well :(

Archived