Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is the general consensus about Warframe?

_4shes

5 hours ago, (PSN)CambionDrift said:

No one likes conclave. Less people like the one guy who did that bullied DE into changing the universal medallion who lied about how much he played and then shortly left never to return.

The percentage of people who like conclave are so infinitesimal as to be mathematically non existent. 

other than that no, we can’t agree on anything not even on whether or not we can agree on that. 

No, we don't agree on that, either. We certainly have a bandwagon going, especially on Reddit, who likes to bring it up every month or so. But here's the second tweet of "that one guy":

unknown.png

And he's been in the game, since, too.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb Kontrollo:

No, we don't agree on that, either. We certainly have a bandwagon going, especially on Reddit, who likes to bring it up every month or so. But here's the second tweet of "that one guy":

And he's been in the game, since, too.

Yeah, he's been in the game, not playing Conclave. Don't know whose point that helps.

It's an extremely fun game in terms of gameplay and stuff, simply for the space ninja parkour and themes. It is also very haphazard in terms of lore and story in a lot of places. Personally, it's more about figuring out what YOU enjoy and want to do, versus trying to find an "endgame". I tend to play sporadically between content releases, and otherwise just for daily logins/Nightwave stuff to fill in.

I liked the new Railjack updates, but the Corpus missions are somewhat annoying for the split objectives. I really wanted to see more actual RJ pew pew pewing.

5 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Yeah in my almost 30 years of gaming, this is the most entitled community i have ever seen.

I swear to god, even if DE managed to fix every single bugs in the game, pump great contents, make story that can wipe the floor with Last Of Us and God Of War, then make warframe Game Of The Year 2022, i absolutely promise you this: someone will make a thread that says: "sure warframe is great and all now, but i miss the old warframe".

I swear it will definitely happen.

Is it wrong to dislike when games ride out a successful title for 5+ years at a time and sometimes move away from the foundation they started from? This seems to be a common practice these days where a company rides out the success of a title instead of moving to a new project when their vision shifts. I don't think it's fair to call people entitled when the game they originally signed up for ends up becoming a different product over time. 

23 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Is it wrong to dislike when games ride out a successful title for 5+ years at a time and sometimes move away from the foundation they started from? This seems to be a common practice these days where a company rides out the success of a title instead of moving to a new project when their vision shifts. I don't think it's fair to call people entitled when the game they originally signed up for ends up becoming a different product over time. 

Warframe feels like the exact same game to me. I really don't know what some of you are talking about. It's practically the same exact game, with just tons more to do. There has been tweaks here and there- but it's essentially the same game with a bunch of added things to grind for and side activities to break up that grind. 

What do you think is fundamentally different about Warframe now, compared to then?  To me it's still a grindy corridor looter with side activities. The gunplay feels the same, melee feels mostly the same, grind feels wayyyy better, but it's still there.

If anything, Warframe feels like Warframe 2 was just rolled into it and we still get to play both. Stagnation would be if DE were still releasing Tenno reinforcements and reskinning corridors. 5 years of hallways and weapons reskins with the occasional new Warframe is not what this game needed. 

We can FLY a ship through space, fighting enemies with A.I teammates to a classic defense mission in 2021. , Calling down a hulking mech..and people are complaining. That's entitlement. As a young Warframe player, I would be even completely baffled to see how salty people are in 2021. This game has come such a long way. Not saying it's perfect in any way.... But Warframe today is Warframe yesterday with just more crap to do. 

39 minutes ago, Voltage said:

So you're saying if warframe runs 100% perfect, have no bug whatsoever, have a story that can put oscar winning movies to shame, and win GOTY -steve and reb step up to receive the golden angel from geoff keighley himself, people who originally signed for something else are justified to be disappointed.

Gentlemen, i just prove my point.

4 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

So you're saying if warframe runs 100% perfect, have no bug whatsoever, have a story that can put oscar winning movies to shame, and win GOTY -steve and reb step up to receive the golden angel from geoff keighley himself, people who originally signed for something else are justified to be disappointed.

I am just trying to generally ask what your perspective has to do with players being disappointed about the direction of the game. Even if Warframe fits your criteria, it can still be entirely different from what Warframe was, unless your perfect world implies "perfection" is DE mastering their core game and valuing their roots as well as treating player investments better. In that regard, sure, I can see where you come from.

However, this is still the internet. People have every right to their own opinions, and looking down on people for not matching your perspective isn't really kind in any manner. Sure, there will always be someone disappointed. I go back to my original question of "Is it wrong to feel this way". I don't believe so, and I don't believe you're right for saying that if DE improved the game to a fictitious state, people aren't allowed to dislike the outcome else be labeled entitled.

46 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

What do you think is fundamentally different about Warframe now, compared to then?  To me it's still a grindy corridor looter with side activities. The gunplay feels the same, melee feels mostly the same, grind feels wayyyy better, but it's still there.

The game had much more connection between DE and the way their game plays out in the past. I also feel depth has been chipped away across the entire game to make it more appealing to players who don't want to invest in their account to progress to different areas. Archwing grind undermined by Syndicates, not actual Archwing missions. Fissures are much less engaging than Tower Void. Trials removed for Eidolons, and Eidolons undermined by Scarlet Spear/Orphix Venom. Helminth being added so every Warframe can use Eclipse. Status and melee changed to homogenize weapons and lower the bar to reach adequate power. Steel Path Archwing nerfed, Railjack enemy scaling nerfed. Warframe Revised watering down enemy difficulty. 6 Revives per mission. Operator Arcanes invalidate all support Warframe abilities. Riven disposition continuing to annoy players and prove absolutely useless towards player weapon usage (Influencers on social media dictate this, not an arbitrary multiplier on your high investment mods). Plains of Eidolon watered down to follow Fortuna. I could go on for a while, but the way Warframe used to play had much more emphasis on team-play and depth in systems.

56 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If anything, Warframe feels like Warframe 2 was just rolled into it and we still get to play both. Stagnation would be if DE were still releasing Tenno reinforcements and reskinning corridors. 5 years of hallways and weapons reskins with the occasional new Warframe is not what this game needed. 

We can FLY a ship through space, fighting enemies with A.I teammates to a classic defense mission in 2021. , Calling down a hulking mech..and people are complaining. That's entitlement.

To be fair, core Warframe has taken a back seat to these side activities that don't incorporate what Warframe is built on. Mechs? Slow, clunky, mediocre skills, no parkour, no interesting gunplay, no interesting melee play. Necramechs are just Warframes that are worse in every manor. Arquebex and skipping the Archgun cast animation is all the entire Mech system offers to practical gameplay.

Railjack is just another version of Archwing to me. It's just a vehicle to travel to your actual core game. The gameplay is watching AI kill the entire fleet of fighters with the occasional Artillery usage. 

DE is stagnant when they release content for the core game but neglect them shortly after release like what has happened to The Steel Path and Arbitrations. All DE needs to continue Warframe's success is add depth to their core systems, not continually broaden them with tacked on mechanics that don't actually make practical gameplay more interesting. 

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

Warframe is that one person who constantly trips over their own feet, falls down stairs, gets splashed by passing cars after rain and keeps bungling everything they try to some capacity but is always there for you in the end despite being the world's largest klutz who keeps pulling the push door.

In short, very much imperfect but endearing and reliable.

...So basically Goofy in game form.

page front GIF

This is the most accurate description of this beautiful mess of a game that I have ever seen.

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

No, you haven’t proven anything with your made up scenario. Even if Warframe were hypothetically perfect, which is impossible because no game is perfect, people would still be entitled to their opinions.

The problem with your made up scenario is there is no universal truth for what makes a video game “good”. Therefore, no matter how “good” you may view something to be, other people will still have their own opinions. And their opinions are valid whether they agree with you or not.

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I am just trying to generally ask what your perspective has to do with players being disappointed about the direction of the game. Even if Warframe fits your criteria, it can still be entirely different from what Warframe was, unless your perfect world implies "perfection" is DE mastering their core game and valuing their roots as well as treating player investments better. In that regard, sure, I can see where you come from.

However, this is still the internet. People have every right to their own opinions, and looking down on people for not matching your perspective isn't really kind in any manner. Sure, there will always be someone disappointed. I go back to my original question of "Is it wrong to feel this way". I don't believe so, and I don't believe you're right for saying that if DE improved the game to a fictitious state, people aren't allowed to dislike the outcome else be labeled entitled.

my perspective is: people are very entitled to their opinions here more then every other game communities i have ever seen in my entire gaming career. and i think of that as a fact, not an insult, a complain, or me whining about the situation whatsoever. i have accept that fact with every veins on my body. i type every single post here knowing that according to someone, what i'm typing is wrong. and i still post those replies anyway, i'm okay with that.

therefore where in most other communities people who have unpopular opinions generally keep it for themselves, in here at the very least one person will absolutely speak up against whatever topic anyone are discussing. which makes it impossible for us to achieve unanimous decision on anything at all.
that's why i went with the impossible imaginary situation: i try to picture an utopia. you show that some people will not prefer utopia.

i'm indirectly saying whatever you say is right. what the next person after you will say is right. and whatever people feel are never wrong. the fact you disagrees with me just shows that i'm right: this forum can never ever agree on anything at all ever.

tl;dr
the sentence that are bold is my perspective.

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

No, you haven’t proven anything with your made up scenario. Even if Warframe were hypothetically perfect, which is impossible because no game is perfect, people would still be entitled to their opinions.

The problem with your made up scenario is there is no universal truth for what makes a video game “good”. Therefore, no matter how “good” you may view something to be, other people will still have their own opinions. And their opinions are valid whether they agree with you or not.

the words that're bold are MY perspective.

also, as i've explained to voltage above, i believe you're right.
the next person quoting us will be right.

everyone here are right. everyone here are entitled to their opinions.
let me aggravate my imaginary example: if world peace is achieved, or we eliminate hunger and poverty, some people will be pissed.
just from the top of my head, i can name some guys who'll go out of business: weapon makers, loansharks, idk... every army from every nations will go out of job? there'll be a lot of people who have understandable reasons to get pissed.

Something that most people will agree on in this community? Most people playing this game enjoy the movement, I know there are people that don't like this or that added to the movement. But overall I feel like most people really enjoy the flow of movement in this game.

6 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

my perspective is: people are very entitled to their opinions here more then every other game communities i have ever seen in my entire gaming career. and i think of that as a fact, not an insult, a complain, or me whining about the situation whatsoever. i have accept that fact with every veins on my body. i type every single post here knowing that according to someone, what i'm typing is wrong. and i still post those replies anyway, i'm okay with that.

therefore where in most other communities people who have unpopular opinions generally keep it for themselves, in here at the very least one person will absolutely speak up against whatever topic anyone are discussing. which makes it impossible for us to achieve unanimous decision on anything at all.
that's why i went with the impossible imaginary situation: i try to picture an utopia. you show that some people will not prefer utopia.

i'm indirectly saying whatever you say is right. what the next person after you will say is right. and whatever people feel are never wrong. the fact you disagrees with me just shows that i'm right: this forum can never ever agree on anything at all ever.

tl;dr
the sentence that are bold is my perspective.

Not that you're wrong about Warframe's community, but that you think it's so different than other large-ish game communities is pretty weird to me.   

8 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Something that most people will agree on in this community? Most people playing this game enjoy the movement, I know there are people that don't like this or that added to the movement. But overall I feel like most people really enjoy the flow of movement in this game.

Yeah, that's probably the best example.  Even though there are dissenters.

5 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Most people playing this game enjoy the movement, I know there are people that don't like this or that added to the movement. But overall I feel like most people really enjoy the flow of movement in this game.

On the topic of movement, the only thing that I don't like at all are wall-hops.

If only because where you're aiming has influence on where you're hopping, if it were only the directions you were holding as related to the wall you're hopping on it would be fine, but if I look too far away from the wall I'm currently trying to hop across it will send me off the wall almost instantly.

Personally I'd reintroduce wall-running as a function of wall latch, leave the hops for freeform movement and make wall-latch running for slightly slower but more precise movement without concern of flying off the wall.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

The disconnect for me is that I don't play any games i don't enjoy. Critiques are one thing, but there's literally players with 1000s of hours in WF saying how much they hate the overall  game and it's developers. 

So no, Warframe will never be perfect, but you would think it's at least good enough for the people that supposedly choose to play it and post on its forums. 

That said...I think forums just tend to attract the kind of people that like to complain. That like to find flaws in something, even though they're obviously in love with it. It's like a kid saying "I hate you mom" because they can't get candy at bedtime. Most large games have communities like this over time

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

On the topic of movement, the only thing that I don't like at all are wall-hops.

If only because where you're aiming has influence on where you're hopping, if it were only the directions you were holding as related to the wall you're hopping on it would be fine, but if I look too far away from the wall I'm currently trying to hop across it will send me off the wall almost instantly.

Personally I'd reintroduce wall-running as a function of wall latch, leave the hops for freeform movement and make wall-latch running for slightly slower but more precise movement without concern of flying off the wall.

I've definitely seen people bringing up wall running again since the Gara Prime trailer had it. And it seemed like most people would agree with this take, someone pointed out that even Steve had brought up wanting wall runs back in a devstream from a while back. 

I don't see so much thing in this thread. The only consensus is the Warframe is a video game, specifically a looter shooter tps. Beyond that there are various sub topics and systems which fits some of the community taste but that's all. If you wants to come back to play more often and visit the forums then welcome back anytime.

29 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Not that you're wrong about Warframe's community, but that you think it's so different than other large-ish game communities is pretty weird to me.   

yeah come to think of it, i mostly involved in smaller communities where unpopular opinions generally got shot down relatively quick. or more conservative eastern communities where freedom of speech are not generally ingrained in the heart of majority. i also know better to stay away from popular games with younger audiences who have a lot to say and a lot to prove. but you're right, this is not an exceptional situation.

and lastly, i think the fact that warframe communities are concentrated on this official forum provided by DE, has contributed to the colorfulness of opinions.
in other games usually we can find that "the more vocal playerbase hangs out on [insert platform]", or "the more laid back playerbase hangs out on [insert different platform]". in warframe everyone just comes here.

12 minutes ago, LinXiaoWong said:

I don't see so much thing in this thread. The only consensus is the Warframe is a video game, specifically a looter shooter tps. Beyond that there are various sub topics and systems which fits some of the community taste but that's all. If you wants to come back to play more often and visit the forums then welcome back anytime.

lol i will be waiting for somebody who argues that warframe is not a videogame 🤣

for that looter shooter tps thing, it's been discussed a couple of times. i've seen people who argues that warframe should be called hack and slash than person shooter game. and seeing how impactful the melee meta is, i don't see how they're too wrong. again: nobody can agree on anything around here.

but yeah would be interesting to see if somebody would argue that warframe should not be defined as a videogame 😂

10 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I've definitely seen people bringing up wall running again since the Gara Prime trailer had it.

Really?

I should go check out that trailer, perhaps there's something behind the scenes that might reflect it returning.

10 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Its a game.

Can you prove it? No, I mean do you have serious proof? Because I see a lot of people saying that "it's a game" like this irrefutable thing but I see no proof whatsoever. 

How about those who don't agree that Warframe is a videogame, huh? Ignored once more, but I'm no surprised.

I'm tired of this. 

Archived