Jump to content
General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Steel essence (and resources) don't dissapear too long.


-ColdTiger-

Recommended Posts

On missions, if u don't up drop (resources, mods or etc.) they will disappear after droping enough other resources. Earlier, i think, that cap was much less, nowadays we can stack up to 34-36 steel essences in 1 place. Something gone wrong after hotfixes? I don't think that players should stay at missions and waiting for smeeta kavat buffs (double resources), because we got rework in farming essence (no drop from eximus, new alerts). Or Acolytes should spawn not so easy (they spawn in front of Yoy, if solo, and players can easily stack essence in 1 place).

OyWoOwK.jpg

XE5ZLl1.jpeg
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why is this an issue? Seems like something that benefits the player for long term investment in a mission, isn't that how it should be? A bit of luck and a lot of time investment = reward?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Bunni said:

Why is this an issue? Seems like something that benefits the player for long term investment in a mission, isn't that how it should be? A bit of luck and a lot of time investment = reward?

Because of the charm double resource pickup buff that you can get to increase the amount of steel essence you can get. Only problem is that when it triggers is RNG so sometimes you are stuck waiting in a mission for over half an hour or more hoping to get one or two instances active at the same time to get that buff for more steel essence(kuva).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 28.5.2021 um 23:04 schrieb XHADgaming:

Because of the charm double resource pickup buff that you can get to increase the amount of steel essence you can get. Only problem is that when it triggers is RNG so sometimes you are stuck waiting in a mission for over half an hour or more hoping to get one or two instances active at the same time to get that buff for more steel essence(kuva).

Yeah but why is that an *ISSUE* just leave players who want to do it ....alone? If you dont do it then it thats fine but why would you make it impossible for others 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 27.5.2021 um 13:43 schrieb RazerXPrime:

Fix: auto squad pickup of steel essence on Acolyte kill. (still affected by boosters of course)

Tell me one good reason why this should be changed? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 1.6.2021 um 01:09 schrieb RazerXPrime:

Tell me one good reason why it shouldn't?

People who like to do long endurance missions have a reason to do them again. They can stay in extended runs and hope for a RNG buff during two hours or more to get a lot of Steel Essence. This is no bug at all it is a clever use of game mechanics (that loot stays on ground until a limit is reached) there is no reason t o fix something that isnt bugged. Why would you take this away from the people who enjoy it? This doesnt make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FSK41 said:

People who like to do long endurance missions have a reason to do them again. They can stay in extended runs and hope for a RNG buff during two hours or more to get a lot of Steel Essence. This is no bug at all it is a clever use of game mechanics (that loot stays on ground until a limit is reached) there is no reason t o fix something that isnt bugged. Why would you take this away from the people who enjoy it? This doesnt make sense.

Something in the game that creates unhealthy gameplay is fine to be removed even if some people like it. DE constantly looks at how their game is played and if it creates unhealthy gameplay then they change it. It happens all the time and makes perfect sense. DE defines how you play the game. If you find an exploit and enjoy that then great. Doesn't mean it's nonsense to remove if DE deems it unhealthy for the game.

The game isn't built around the handful of people that want to do endurance runs. If Steel Essence farm was something that was only reliably obtainable in endurance runs where people abuse game mechanics to optimize, but leave others with less time investment available in the dust then DE can decide to do something about it. And rightly so. The game shouldn't be built around a small group of people. It should be designed around the average player. Sure, if you invest more time then you should be rewarded for it. But this time investment should be relative and not force specific game play. DE has commented on this many times before.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

vor 8 Stunden schrieb RazerXPrime:

Something in the game that creates unhealthy gameplay is fine to be removed even if some people like it. DE constantly looks at how their game is played and if it creates unhealthy gameplay then they change it. It happens all the time and makes perfect sense. DE defines how you play the game. If you find an exploit and enjoy that then great. Doesn't mean it's nonsense to remove if DE deems it unhealthy for the game.

The game isn't built around the handful of people that want to do endurance runs. If Steel Essence farm was something that was only reliably obtainable in endurance runs where people abuse game mechanics to optimize, but leave others with less time investment available in the dust then DE can decide to do something about it. And rightly so. The game shouldn't be built around a small group of people. It should be designed around the average player. Sure, if you invest more time then you should be rewarded for it. But this time investment should be relative and not force specific game play. DE has commented on this many times before.

U are jealous of people getting a lot of steel Essence after they played for hours, that is ridiculous. The Efficiency of such runs can be mathematically described: 4 drops per 5m for 2 hours means 24 drops (2 SE eaach) multiplied by 2 (booster) and by 4 (double cat buff) ends up at  384 Steel Essence in 2 hours meaning u got 3.2 Steel Essence per minute. NOTE that this is an absolutely optimal run that you get like once in 10 runs and usually the gain is much lower (NOT EVEN calculating in mistakes that can and often happen during 2 hours of active and focused gameplay). So lets compare this. There are Steel Path Alerts which give you 3 Steel Essence guaranteed for a mission , but also a acolyth can spawn after 5 minutes which means you get 7 Steel Essence (assuming  booster to make the comparison fair) for 5 minutes GUARANTEED. You can also choose to do a  SP  capture/sabotage/rescue/assasination  in 1 minute and get 3 Steel Essence per day with literally 10-15 minutes Time u get around 20 Steel Essence per day on average this for one week is 140 Steel Essence for  105 Minutes worth of time investment , now you might say this is way lower ? But again I presented the perfect run as example there are times the Acolyth drags you into the Steel Essence by mistake and u get like 80 Steel Essence, or it disappears due to the loot cap completely and u get absolutely nothing. This Farm is also no exploit at all, its simply waiting and risking to get a chance of a higher drop ? Nobody gets hurt if this stays, people who chose to do this can enjoy it and people who dont have a lot of time can do alerts to gain similar gains by investing little time per day ( 1 minute capture-> 3 Steel Essence).  Also DE didnt ,,build'' this around these players , these players simply looked for a smart and awarding strat to farm Steel Essence in longer runs again there is no problem with that.  

 

Please understand this is no exploit or abuse at all.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FSK41 said:

U are jealous of people getting a lot of steel Essence after they played for hours, that is ridiculous. The Efficiency of such runs can be mathematically described: 4 drops per 5m for 2 hours means 24 drops (2 SE eaach) multiplied by 2 (booster) and by 4 (double cat buff) ends up at  384 Steel Essence in 2 hours meaning u got 3.2 Steel Essence per minute. NOTE that this is an absolutely optimal run that you get like once in 10 runs and usually the gain is much lower (NOT EVEN calculating in mistakes that can and often happen during 2 hours of active and focused gameplay). So lets compare this. There are Steel Path Alerts which give you 3 Steel Essence guaranteed for a mission , but also a acolyth can spawn after 5 minutes which means you get 7 Steel Essence (assuming  booster to make the comparison fair) for 5 minutes GUARANTEED. You can also choose to do a  SP  capture/sabotage/rescue/assasination  in 1 minute and get 3 Steel Essence per day with literally 10-15 minutes Time u get around 20 Steel Essence per day on average this for one week is 140 Steel Essence for  105 Minutes worth of time investment , now you might say this is way lower ? But again I presented the perfect run as example there are times the Acolyth drags you into the Steel Essence by mistake and u get like 80 Steel Essence, or it disappears due to the loot cap completely and u get absolutely nothing. This Farm is also no exploit at all, its simply waiting and risking to get a chance of a higher drop ? Nobody gets hurt if this stays, people who chose to do this can enjoy it and people who dont have a lot of time can do alerts to gain similar gains by investing little time per day ( 1 minute capture-> 3 Steel Essence).  Also DE didnt ,,build'' this around these players , these players simply looked for a smart and awarding strat to farm Steel Essence in longer runs again there is no problem with that.  

 

Please understand this is no exploit or abuse at all.  

Honestly I don't care about who does what in the game. I'm just explaining how DE looks at the game. I responded to the OP because he was requesting a fix and I gave it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

В 27.05.2021 в 14:59, FSK41 сказал:

Why would you dislike this?

 

Main reason why I think it should be fixed - that we got change in steel essenece drop (as i said earlier). I don't hate or think that staying in enduring missions for hours is bad and shouldn't be awarded, but not that way. It will be better if u get boosts (like on relics, 25/50/75/100%) for staying too long and I will enjoy it way better, than waiting for smeeta buff for hours. What i see, DE fixed long runs earlier (staying longer in mission increases eximus spawns), but now we stay for waiting buffs? That's strange...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...