Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Augment

Ignivor

So I'm a Wisp main and wanted to discuss the new augment for her Reservoirs.
As it is right now I think it doesn't provide enough benefits and I'm pretty sure most people won't use it. All it does at the moment is that saves you the cast time for 2 Reservoirs and the energy cost for one Reservoir (which are extremely cheap anyway) and it definitely isn't the worth the mod slot it uses up.
So there are 2 potential fixes that come to mind. The obvious first one would be to remove the 200% energy cost but I can understand why you want to put that on the augment and I guess I'm fine with that (even though I think it still wouldn't be too strong and it would be nice if it were to be removed)
But the second potential fix is much better in my opinion:
Make it so the triple Reservoir counts as only one so you can place 6 of them instead of 2. The reason this is so good is that it strengthens the synergies of her kit (more places to teleport to using Breach Surge) and it is a unique effect that be only be achieved using the augment. The 2 benefits I mentioned earlier could basically also be achieved by using Natural Talent and Streamline/Fleeting Expertise which is kind of sad for an augment. 
Also I would like to mention a small quality of life feature. It would be amazing if you could make it so you spawn with the big Reservoir selected so you don't have to press "1" 3 times to select it at the start of every mission.
I hope you agree with me and I (as well as probably all other Wisp mains) would be incredibly grateful if you changed it.
Thanks for reading.

Citation

Make it so the triple Reservoir counts as only one so you can place 6 of them instead of 2.

I say yes to this. Initially, when I bought the mod, I thought it would allow me to do that (I was specifically thinking about Interceptions because I use her a lot on these; being able to give all buffs everywhere was nice thought). I was kinda disappointed when I saw that only 2 of these were allowed.

I agree that currently, the mod doesn't bring anything valuable to the gameplay. In fine, the current augment is just "your reservoirs cost 33% less energy." The mechanic above would give a tactical advantage.

Citation

The obvious first one would be to remove the 200% energy cost but I can understand why you want to put that on the augment I guess I'm fine with that (even though I think it still wouldn't be too strong and it would be nice if it were to be removed)

If by that you mean make the augment cost the regular cost of a "normal" reservoir, I would not agree. Actually, I'd be fine with it costing the cost of 3 reservoirs if the mechanic above was implemented.

Citation

Also I would like to mention a small quality of life feature. It would be amazing if you could make it so you spawn with the big Reservoir selected so you don't have to press "1" 3 times to select it at the start of every mission.

Hell yes! Starting every mission with "1, 1, 1... 1" is very annoying, and not team-friendly (since usually, people just bullet jump ahead before you finish your endless wheel of reservoirs...)

I love the idea but I don't seen it happening.   Each omni mote counts as three motes so DE would have to make it so 18 can exist at one time.  While that works okay when spamming omni's it starts go crazy when someone realizes they can just spam 18 of whatever mote they prefer.  Or in some cases which they feel is most annoying for others. (i.e. shock mote spam).

I would offer the idea of three omni's and 9 total motes along with omni being the first choice on spawn.

The real fix is for DE to stop treating QoL things like they are the Holy Grail and forcing players to sacrifice mod space if they want basic things like vacuum, radar or a lot of Warframes augments, like this one.

As a Wisp "main" (I seriously wonder why people "main" something in this game with all the options available) you should know that the augment is mission specific. It has great value when you need to move around a lot and not stuck in one place. Not so valuable when you need to defend a single point since motes last forever unless dispelled by a nulifier.

But then it's an exilus mod, so you're sacrificing what? 15% power? Really? That's not going to change your gameplay at all. I'd take utility over 15% power any day.

However like I said the mods usefulness in its utility is situational. Use it as such.

19 hours ago, Ignivor said:

I'm pretty sure most people won't use it

I am using it because on the move its just better to drop all 3 to refresh buffs in one button! When not on the move because oof 1, 11111, 1 11111, 1 11111 on now we are moving to some other objective!?

14 hours ago, PO41089 said:

forcing players to sacrifice mod space if they want basic things like vacuum, radar

up vote you for this part though I like this augment, I feel like if it did anymore people would complain that it was too good and mandatory,

On 2021-05-26 at 10:26 AM, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

I love the idea but I don't seen it happening.   Each omni mote counts as three motes so DE would have to make it so 18 can exist at one time.  While that works okay when spamming omni's it starts go crazy when someone realizes they can just spam 18 of whatever mote they prefer.  Or in some cases which they feel is most annoying for others. (i.e. shock mote spam).

I would offer the idea of three omni's and 9 total motes along with omni being the first choice on spawn.

I dont think this is true. I believe when they showed the augment off on devstream they had 6 total motes, some omni some regular. Omni counted as one in the devstream.

The change that went live was made after the devstream. Many people were expecting it to count as 1 mote because it did when they originally showed it off.

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I dont think this is true. I believe when they showed the augment off on devstream they had 6 total motes, some omni some regular. Omni counted as one in the devstream.

The change that went live was made after the devstream. Many people were expecting it to count as 1 mote because it did when they originally showed it off.

That may be the case but unfortunately that isn't how they put it in the game.   It honestly should work that way though.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Big Roy 324 said:

That may be the case but unfortunately that isn't how they put it in the game.   It honestly should work that way though.

It should work which way? Counting as 1 or counting as 3?

I can see the rationale for both arguments but personally it makes no sense to me making an augment for this if you can only lay two motes.

A good solution would be the augment allowing for 3 triples to be laid at once. At least then there is a benefit to using it over not using it, but not something that is really broken like 6 triples would be.

Basically have it count for 2 not 3. So you could do 1 triple and 4 single or 2 triples and 2 singles.

On 2021-05-28 at 4:49 PM, Leqesai said:

It should work which way? Counting as 1 or counting as 3?

I can see the rationale for both arguments but personally it makes no sense to me making an augment for this if you can only lay two motes.

A good solution would be the augment allowing for 3 triples to be laid at once. At least then there is a benefit to using it over not using it, but not something that is really broken like 6 triples would be.

Basically have it count for 2 not 3. So you could do 1 triple and 4 single or 2 triples and 2 singles.

I was saying each Omni should count as a single mote. But I think once they added that change it allowed for six. Invalidating using anything else. 

I agree that there was probably a better way. But considering the current track record with programming hurdles in Warframe.

What exists now is probably how it will remain. 

Archived