Soo, I bought the Necramech, was tired of grinding, but, can't use it?

10 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Imo, they should lock Deimos until at least after War Within. I mean there's even references to the New War on Deimos. New players are gonna be confused as #*!%

Can you point me to said reference, drawing a blank here.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

Can you point me to said reference, drawing a blank here.

It's in the Heart of Deimos questline. It's been a while since I played it, but there were references to this part I do recall.

7 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

It's in the Heart of Deimos questline. It's been a while since I played it, but there were references to this part I do recall.

The wiki doesn't mention anything related to it, but its not a clear transcript of all the dialogue of the quest.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

The wiki doesn't mention anything related to it, but its not a clear transcript of all the dialogue of the quest.

Thinking now I may be confused with Protea's quest...

But there's definitely a transference reference. So the War Within should be made a prerequisite.

Edited by RazerXPrime

9 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Thinking now I may be confused with Protea's quest...

But there's definitely a transference reference. So the War Within should be made a prerequisite.

Found the transcript of the quest on the wiki, the way it read there are no mention of transference or hint to spoiler mode. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Heart_of_Deimos/Transcript

4 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

There's definitely a transference reference when you are about to use the Necramech.

its a pretty  small reference to it and even then you need to know that what its refering to to understand it.

Father: "Alright. Not ideal, but I've cross-routed your Warframe impulse stream directly to Snake. Now she'll feel heavy but you'll get used to it. Head outside and we'll run a field test before your descent."

Basically i read that as saying i hotwired your warframe to act as remote control of the necramech.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

its a pretty  small reference to it and even then you need to know that what its refering to to understand it.

Father: "Alright. Not ideal, but I've cross-routed your Warframe impulse stream directly to Snake. Now she'll feel heavy but you'll get used to it. Head outside and we'll run a field test before your descent."

Basically i read that as saying i hotwired your warframe to act as remote control of the necramech.

I don't really remember, but it's possibly DE's way of handing out content for starting players however confusing this sh!t is.

I mean look at this:

Loid: "Technically, it is... and now you face an existential threat. If the Heart stops beating, the wellspring of your power dies with it."

How is anyone not having completed the War Within going to understand any of this? It's even confusing for me!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I don't really remember, but it's possibly DE's way of handing out content for starting players however confusing this sh!t is.

I mean look at this:

Loid: "Technically, it is... and now you face an existential threat. If the Heart stops beating, the wellspring of your power dies with it."

How is anyone not having completed the War Within going to understand any of this? It's even confusing for me!

oh it is confusing and hopefully we'll get more info on that with the coming of other quest and the lead to new war/duviri when they are able to pump those out.

But all i get from that is, if done as soon as possible, the quest just make us learn that our powers are void related. Warframe being old war relic that are still able to function even after who know amount of years they been in sleep mode and not knowing what power them at the start of the game.

and since its DE, trying to make too much sense out of it is not good for our brains XD

Edited by smashedwookie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, smashedwookie said:

oh it is confusing and hopefully we'll get more info on that with the coming of other quest and the lead to new war/duviri when they are able to pump those out.

But all i get from that is, if done as soon as possible, the quest just make us learn that our powers are void related. Warframe being old war relic that are still able to function even after who know amount of years they been in sleep mode and not knowing what power them at the start of the game.

and since its DE, trying to make too much sense out of it is not good for our brains XD

Hm, maybe that's a more recent thing. To be honest. The Second Dream, War Within, Chains of harrow and The Sacrifice are very well thought out quests with a lot of depth that explain things well enough to follow.

The sidequests from Protea, Heart of Deimos and recently Sevagoth are fairly simple and straightforward. Not enough focus on explaining things, but just introducing things as vaguely as possible. I can make an assumption here that this is due to time constraints or some such, but in all honesty it's just poor naration. 

I hope the next main questline will be better. And I still believe that Deimos should be accessible after The War Within only. Even that is fairly early given how strong the enemies are on Deimos.

Remember when we had the Derelict locations? I mean they are now part of Deimos, but they were in a completely different area somewhere located between Sedna and Pluto. I'm fine with it being on Deimos. I'm not fine with this content being available for players with no understanding of what the Heart of Deimos actually means to the WF universe. It makes no sense for this questline to be available to people who have not progressed in the story at all.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Wait... DE allows people to do the Iso Vault Bounties and buy Necramechs from the market when they haven't fully unlocked spoiler mode?

That's... that's gotta be a mistake. 

I think DE did a silly. 

"Greed makes a person sloppy, hotshot. Remember that." -Little Duck

• Like 8

Posted (edited)

37 minutes ago, smashedwookie said:

That's like saying. It's ok to swear in front of little kids as long as you don't teach them what the words mean.

Edited by (PSN)haphazardlynamed
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

That's like saying. It's ok to swear in front of little kids as long as you don't teach them what the words mean.

0_o don't know how you interpret reading comprehension and knowing meaning of a word as the same thing. The quote from Father imply transference for people who are aware it is something that exist in the game. Without knowing about spoiler mode its can easily be interpreted as the way we control our different frames as been extended to Snake.

1 minute ago, smashedwookie said:

0_o don't know how you interpret reading comprehension and knowing meaning of a word as the same thing. The quote from Father imply transference for people who are aware it is something that exist in the game. Without knowing about spoiler mode its can easily be interpreted as the way we control our different frames as been extended to Snake.

It's an analogy,

Its not meant to imply 'literally' the same thing.

It's a technique used in debate, to compare a situation to a different one that is more extreme; to nail in a point and trigger associations.

• Like 1

On 2021-05-26 at 11:34 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

No it's not fine. 

There is nothing fine about not being able to use something you paid platinum for without doing extra stuff first. It doesn't matter if there is an explanation or not. You straight should not be able to buy with platinum something that the game will not let you immediately use. 

Platinum for pay to skip is an integral part of the F2P business model. 

Please don't be silly. 

On 2021-05-27 at 1:07 AM, RazerXPrime said:

Hm yea I agree that you shouldn't be able to buy things if you cannot use them. You don't know how long you will play the game, if you cannot use the thing you paid for and you decide to stop playing before you can this is just money gone with no return on your investment.

At minimum there should be a big warning stating the requirements before purchase so that a person has an idea of what he/she's getting into.

Necramech use requires the player to have completed the quest "The War Within". It's not even spoiling anything. 

Better would be if the market would show the Necramech for purchase but have it greyed out with a message that you're required to complete the quest "The War Within" to be able to purchase.

DE needs to put more information out about the items even weapons. Simply going to the market and reading the description from clicking on Voidrig doesn't say anything about the very important info. How are newer people supposed to know you cannot use necramechs in normal missions? Or the fact it requires quite a bit of story progression? No where does it say that. $25 wasted on something that you thought looked amazing just leaves a bad taste in your mouth. I am also pretty sure one of my friends (pay to win mindset) bought a railjack and doesn't have archwing unlocked. 

• Like 3

On 2021-05-27 at 3:00 PM, RazerXPrime said:

I mean look at this:

If anything, TWW makes this questionable in the first place. Like, that's what they say... but at the same time, Transference is also a void power and that's still working. Plus, we know that Warframes don't need Operators to use their powers thanks to Umbra. So it's entirely possible that the Warframes were always just channeling the Heart and the Orokin were just being wasteful using the Operators as mere pilots.

This goes double since, as TWW isn't a prerequisite, the Tenno might not have awakened their full power.

On 2021-05-27 at 3:24 PM, RazerXPrime said:

Hm, maybe that's a more recent thing. To be honest. The Second Dream, War Within, Chains of harrow and The Sacrifice are very well thought out quests with a lot of depth that explain things well enough to follow.

Something I've found is that DE have really cleaned up their lore writing recently, but they have trouble retconning stuff or tying in less 'major' stuff.

Like, when you ignore everything that Alad V went through, the Jovian Concord makes a lot of sense. Ex Corpus gets tricked by the sentients got it. But then we have to ask when this happened, why the Sentients aren't out for Salad's blood after TSD anymore, and the whole fact that this thread is introduced before TSD for a new player...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 2021-05-27 at 3:42 AM, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

MR requirements don’t prevent purchase. Buying something from the market for platinum bypasses the MR restriction.

Nope that changed awhile ago, I gifted my son a weapon that was above his MR and he was not able to receive it until he hit the MR requirement nor was he able to buy it, I believe that was changed to remove the "pay to win" aspect

The only stuff not MR locked it prime access 

Edited by minininja77

• 2 weeks later...

K, update, was a bit peeved. It also require you to finish the War Within questline, after unlocking your operator.

And, pardon my french, holy smokes this questline is bugged, as heck.

So, spend plat, need to unlock the solar system, and run a very bugged end quest to be able to run your 'Mek.

This should really be posted on the market as usefull information.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, (PSN)Liljagare said:

K, update, was a bit peeved. It also require you to finish the War Within questline, after unlocking your operator.

So, spend plat, need to unlock the solar system, and run a very bugged end quest to be able to run your 'Mek.

For what its worth, you got DE to fix it. 

It doesn't help your current situation, but they prevented others from buying it in the future without completing the questline first, 

And when they fixed it in the patchnotes, they referenced your thread. 

• Like 3

Il y a 19 heures, (PSN)Liljagare a dit :

Quest is not bugged, your playstation must be tired or your internet slow. Did this quest back in the day when I was playing on a potato computer and did not encounter a single bug, not exactly close to what I'd call "bugged as heck".

On 2021-05-27 at 6:00 AM, RazerXPrime said:

Imo, they should lock Deimos until at least after War Within. I mean there's even references to the New War on Deimos. New players are gonna be confused as #*!%

I think they should lock all open worlds until the basic star chart and War Within are completed. That would save DE a ton of headaches and they would only have to deal with those few "nothing should be locked or gated" players. Again, I think DE listens to us too much.

• Like 1