Remove Accuracy Percentage From Profile Stats

Norburito

To my knowledge, accuracy percentages have been bugged for years. Not only that, but a lot of weapons like beams, shotguns or flamethrowers give a less... accurate accuracy feedback, as ironic as that sounds. The multishot mod probably bugs this out a lot as well, I sometimes meet post-mission summaries with people having absurd accuracies (way over the normal 100% limit it should have) which only confirms its buggy nature. Should be removed from profile stats entirely if it can't be properly fixed, I'm sure it was attempted before. 

26 minutes ago, taiiat said:

i find the way Accuracy is tracked quite entertaining.

It can be pretty funny for sure.

TBH it would almost be better for Accuracy to be represented by a text-metric instead of a % variable.

Accuracy: Precise
Accuracy: Imprecise
Accuracy: Crazy Monkey Aim

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

i find the way Accuracy is tracked quite entertaining.

If by entertaining you mean laughable, I perfectly agree... 

The "text-metric" solution appears to be an improvement and sounds to be better at first, but that'd have to depend on a scale, which in turn would have to depend on percentiles (20-40% imprecise, 60-80% precise), which we know are way too buggy/inconsistent in this game.

At this point, I honestly see no fix to it, at least not to older players who have been playing the game for a while, unless they'd reset accuracy percentages for everyone in the event of a full fix.

37 minutes ago, Norburito said:

If by entertaining you mean laughable, I perfectly agree... 

as in it's entertaining to break it since the Stat isn't important for anything anyways. it's not like this is a competitive Shooter, your Accuracy isn't important.

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

as in it's entertaining to break it since the Stat isn't important for anything anyways. it's not like this is a competitive Shooter, your Accuracy isn't important.

That's exactly right, it isn't important, and it isn't even working, so therefore it should be hidden/removed. :D

1 hour ago, Norburito said:

That's exactly right, it isn't important, and it isn't even working, so therefore it should be hidden/removed. :D

that's not in the style of Digital Extremes. since the beginning they've been tracking a ton of unnecessary Profile Stats, just incase someday it becomes important or useful to have been tracking it retroactively.
personally, i approve of being prepared like that.

6 hours ago, taiiat said:

that's not in the style of Digital Extremes. since the beginning they've been tracking a ton of unnecessary Profile Stats, just incase someday it becomes important or useful to have been tracking it retroactively.
personally, i approve of being prepared like that.

When you put it that way, it makes sense and is nice to have, just in case. Yet, I don't see much point in tracking a stat (especially when it's showcased in a player's profile) if it's done incorrectly; what's the point of an incorrect stat? They'll do a summary in a few years again saying: "Here, this is your inaccurate and buggy accuracy percent that we've been tracking for you, have fun looking at this totally random number." 

I'd completely understand tracking it if it's useful for whatever unknown reason, but I still don't think it should be in our profiles regardless, unless it worked flawlessly and it was a reliable stat that you could "judge" a player by, which it currently isn't. 

53 minutes ago, Norburito said:

I'd completely understand tracking it if it's useful for whatever unknown reason, but I still don't think it should be in our profiles regardless

at most it would just be hidden from the Profile Screen, and still tracked anyways. there's a lot more data being tracked about your Profile than shows on the screen in game.

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

at most it would just be hidden from the Profile Screen, and still tracked anyways. there's a lot more data being tracked about your Profile than shows on the screen in game.

Tracking it off the profile is fine by me, I just don't really want the stat shown in my profile if it's not accurate. Up to DE whether they want to do that or not. 

Archived