Hackers/Manipulators

Nation_X

After 2500 hours I think I have just experienced my first hacker or game manipulator (i am no expert)

It was Xini interception and enemies would spawn then die, couldnt see any loot/drops. Enemies could attack the ABCD etc but would then stop and you would reclaim it. A player went down and when you went to revive him the revive button just spammed so many times a second and couldnt do anything. When round 2 rolled around there was no reward system or anything. When I said this seems suss they asked my ping (which was 230) and said that was it. Any attack on an  ABCD would simply disappear.

I eventually was kicked. But they said they were farming Axi Volnus for 110 plat (i am guessing thats the current rate)

Sorry for my word splurge but it made me so angry

Edit - to add to this it went to round 4 and I said we will get banned and the response was "only if we are reported"

Are you sure it wasn't a latency issue? 

230 IS a pretty high ping. isn't it? 

I'm a little confused if they were admitting to hacking, or were messing with you perhaps when it was your ping and just said "only if we are reported" because they were tired of the accusation? 

Regardless, if you think someone was hacking or exploiting, don't call them out, or argue with them in chat, just take screenshots and stuff, and them make a report to support. 

If there was something suss, they can handle it internally, between them and the involved players. 

18 minutes ago, Nation_X said:

my ping (which was 230)

Sound to me like that was indeed the issue.

In this game, any ping anywhere near 100 is already causing noticable issue. Anything above and you can count the seconds it takes for things to update.

Heck, I have set a ping limit of 100, yet I sometimes still get hosts with a ping of 150+, and I can literally make a sandwich by the time the doors open.

54 minutes ago, Nation_X said:

After 2500 hours I think I have just experienced my first hacker or game manipulator (i am no expert)

It was Xini interception and enemies would spawn then die, couldnt see any loot/drops. Enemies could attack the ABCD etc but would then stop and you would reclaim it. A player went down and when you went to revive him the revive button just spammed so many times a second and couldnt do anything. When round 2 rolled around there was no reward system or anything. When I said this seems suss they asked my ping (which was 230) and said that was it. Any attack on an  ABCD would simply disappear.

I eventually was kicked. But they said they were farming Axi Volnus for 110 plat (i am guessing thats the current rate)

Edit - to add to this it went to round 4 and I said we will get banned and the response was "only if we are reported"

So basically your crap internet caused some super sayain ping which as a result caused your and possibly other people’s game to bug out and as a response referred to people farming as hackers who decided to be smart asses and joke about it?

9 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

So basically your crap internet caused some super sayain ping which as a result caused your and possibly other people’s game to bug out and as a response referred to people farming as hackers who decided to be smart asses and joke about it?

Yeah that's how I read this. 

His horrible high ping was causing him serious latency issues. 

After he refused to believe them the first time that a ping of freaking 230 could be causing the problem, and kept accusing them of hacking, they just rolled with the joke from there... and he took them seriously. 

2 hours ago, Nation_X said:

one nyx and be like a hacker, spaming range+duration 3'abilitie and all enemies ll keep alives but without take the objectives, when pop out conflict just press 3 of Nyx again XD

17 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah that's how I read this. 

His horrible high ping was causing him serious latency issues. 

After he refused to believe them the first time that a ping of freaking 230 could be causing the problem, and kept accusing them of hacking, they just rolled with the joke from there... and he took them seriously. 

I feel like there should people with a certain level of ping should just be put in thier own little corner to play with thier fellow laggees instead of causing issues like this

15 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

You have to report it and can't make a topic about it. I'm sorry but it's so serious it cannot be talked about and it has to be reported.

Wrong, this is a 100% his problem. And we can talk about this here, we can’t mention names or discuss bans or closed topics

18 hours ago, Nation_X said: my ping (which was 230) and said that was it. Any attack on an  ABCD would simply disappear.

Your trying to tell me you see nothing wrong with a 230 ping? And assume that everything is someone else’s fault? You realize that ping 230 is enough to crash some games not to mention make Other people’s games laggy as they try to support you. If ask my friend for a gun and shoot myself in the foot is it his fault I can’t walk now?

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Wrong, this is a 100% his problem. And we can talk about this here, we can’t mention names or discuss bans or closed topics

In every single game I have ever played, for decades, you cannot make a topic describing what you think is cheating tactics. You cannot post about it. You have to report it. You cannot describe in ANY way what you think is cheating tactics. If you suspect some process is being used to chat you cannot describe the process AT ALL.

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

I feel like there should people with a certain level of ping should just be put in thier own little corner to play with thier fellow laggees instead of causing issues like this

Yeah this guy was clearly dragging down the whole squad with his terrible ping and they were just trying to make the best of it. 

24 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

In every single game I have ever played, for decades, you cannot make a topic describing what you think is cheating tactics. You cannot post about it. You have to report it. You cannot describe in ANY way what you think is cheating tactics. If you suspect some process is being used to chat you cannot describe the process AT ALL.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think there is really enough here to describe how to attempt an exploit, or an actual exploit here. Just a very confused, frustrated individual who needs to upgrade their internet. 

1 hour ago, (XBOX)CI shadow2397 said:

Your trying to tell me you see nothing wrong with a 230 ping? And assume that everything is someone else’s fault? You realize that ping 230 is enough to crash some games not to mention make Other people’s games laggy as they try to support you. If ask my friend for a gun and shoot myself in the foot is it his fault I can’t walk now?

In a peer-to-peer setting that only applies if the host has issues. A client with issues will only experience the issues himself and people may see him acting wierd, popping between locations or stuttering forward etc. It will not cause crashes for the other clients or the host.

In reality, someone with 230ms in a peer-to-peer game means there is a bad connection for that person to the host. Which can be a result of either the host being a wi-fi addict or some similar crap, the matchmaking having failed (placed the client with a host far far far away), or the client simply having internet issues at that time.

Then if you play a game with dedicated servers, especially a PvE game, you wont really notice if you play with 230ms if the infrastructure for the game servers are good. I know cos I play competative WoW PvP on US servers from Sweden for 7-8 years.

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

In a peer-to-peer setting that only applies if the host has issues. A client with issues will only experience the issues himself and people may see him acting wierd, popping between locations or stuttering forward etc. It will not cause crashes for the other clients or the host.

In reality, someone with 230ms in a peer-to-peer game means there is a bad connection for that person to the host. Which can be a result of either the host being a wi-fi addict or some similar crap, the matchmaking having failed (placed the client with a host far far far away), or the client simply having internet issues at that time.

Then if you play a game with dedicated servers, especially a PvE game, you wont really notice if you play with 230ms if the infrastructure for the game servers are good. I know cos I play competative WoW PvP on US servers from Sweden for 7-8 years.

Yes well warframe doesn’t have dedicated servers and most people play within thier region. 230ping is bad

3 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Yes you can’t post about exploits or how to use them. You can post about seeing one especially if it’s one that changes the system and not an in game trick. Also another thing you can’t do for decades is go on forums you don’t own and tell people what they can and cannot do, unless your a mod or owner. All this person said is he thought he saw someone cheating and described the effects he saw. Which were actually being caused by his 230 ping aka crap WIFI. If he were to have found an exploit and tell people how to do it then it would be a problem.

2 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah this guy was clearly dragging down the whole squad with his terrible ping and they were just trying to make the best of it. 

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think there is really enough here to describe how to attempt an exploit, or an actual exploit here. Just a very confused, frustrated individual who needs to upgrade their internet. 

Every time I read that ping number another vegeta breaks his scouter

On 2021-05-27 at 9:19 AM, Nation_X said:

Yeah so I've played with a higher ping than that a fair amount (250ish last night in an interception.) and it doesn't play like anything that you're saying normally.

However if there was other internet issues or the host had a weak PC then there is going to be problems.

Also it was an infested interception so unless they are speeding up the mission somehow, what were they gaining?

If people can't do a basic interception in a team against the infested they probably need to the 'hack' so they can buy stuff with plat. 😆

To people saying it's his/her ping.  They've been playing this game for 5 years. They know what the game experience is like across the board. They know the nuances and details of what they saw over 4 rounds, yet you only know of how they have described it in a post. Can we not give them a chance here and not be so quick to dismiss. It should be reported and if others have reported the same thing then it'll be investigated.

hace 22 minutos, Redfeather75 dijo:

To people saying it's his/her ping.  They've been playing this game for 5 years. They know what the game experience is like across the board. They know the nuances and details of what they saw over 4 rounds, yet you only know of how they have described it in a post. Can we not give them a chance here and not be so quick to dismiss. It should be reported and if others have reported the same thing then it'll be investigated.

the thing is OP said was kicked, and there is no kick in the game sadly, so yeah, it is 100% his internet connection, nothing else

Archived