General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Open Ports but still strict

UmbraAtrox

Copied my reply from "Strict Nat" Thread since that gets ignored. So much for having and using stickies.

My situation is as follows:

I use pfsense as a firewall which is connected to my vpn provider, all traffic goes through vpn, no exceptions. 
I have requested 2 ports from my vpn provider, those ports are not 4950 and 4955 since i can only request random ports.
i created two rules each from 495x to random port. 
basically i did this https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1195761-bug-matchmaking-nat-and-general-networking-bug-with-a-possible-workaround/?do=findComment&comment=11608874
additionally my pc has kaspersky installed which brings its own software firewall. There i have allowed 4950 and 4955

If i now use iperf to listen to 4950 (or 4955, i tested both) and use https://canyouseeme.org/ (for that i had to temporarily allow TCP) it says 

Zitat

Success: I can see your service on publicVPNIP on port (Requested port)

Then i tested iperf (both UDP and TCP) from my phone (over mobile data, not wifi ofc) that works, so i'd guess those ports are open and my machine reachable, but warframe still says nat strict, anything i can do? 

Edit: 

i have set kaspersky fw to log everything that comes in through 4950 & 4955. When i connect to iperf (from phone and mobile data) i see the log entires. but starting warframe and going to cetus does not create any log entries. 

Also i don't really have noticeable issues. I just was host in an eidolon hunt, and except for the occasional "session unavaliable" and the "strict nat" message it just seems to work. 

Another edit: issues seem to get worse or i just start noticing them. 

Railjack kicks me on every mission transition, IF it even finds a squad, Random "session unavaliable" in PoE, Fortuna and Railjack, but less frequent in CD (probably luck since it should be the same from a connection perspective?). 
SteamStats says there are 47k players online. so why is my railjack empty?

What i don't get is: Game says ports are closed, but still sometimes people join. How?

• 1 month later...

If you haven't had a reply on the forums (note only mostly other players tend to comment on threads here), you might have better luck putting in a report ticket, but from my perspective, a VPN is a third party thing that DE has no control over, even port forwarding goes over my head and I have a diploma in IT lol.

However, there are a few countries struggling to connect to the game simply because the service providers in those countries have blocked certain ports, if you have no luck with the support ticket, I'd try phoning your internet service provider for technical support, seeing as NAT is dependant on your connection.

Am 29.6.2021 um 21:11 schrieb DarknessNightshade:

If you haven't had a reply on the forums (note only mostly other players tend to comment on threads here), you might have better luck putting in a report ticket,

Pretty sad they dont read their own forums. Kinda shows where their interest went. 

a VPN is a third party thing that DE has no control over

True, But but i dont see how DE having conrol over it would matter. 

However, there are a few countries struggling to connect

Which doesnt affect me since i use vpn. 

I'd try phoning your internet service provider for technical support, seeing as NAT is dependant on your connection.

So they can do what exactly? they dont have control over my vpn either. 

Anyway. Thing is, as stated above, i verified the ports are open, I have verified the machine is reachable, i have verified traffic goes through those ports. What else is there to check? There is no hidden magic which would the ports open for iperf but not for warframe. If warframe isn't listening on those ports thats a netcode problem not a connection problem. 
There is nothing else one can do from this side, I'd guess my issue is warframes utterly fuked netcode, as described here by another user. Seems like DE is to busy chasing that sweet Amazon Money, so duck this, i am out. Enjoy the game while they haven't ruined it. 

I have a diploma in IT lol.

Seems like you and DE got the same one.

13 hours ago, UmbraAtrox said:

Seems like you and DE got the same one.

Gonna be straight with you, there wasn't any need for that. I'm just trying to help another fellow Tenno out.

There's not a whole lot you can do if none of the advice I've given does nothing, best thing you can do is send another follow up support ticket or tweet at Warframe twitter man, or post your issue on the bug megathread going on where there's a lot of Developer attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Also the same situation for me, when i set upnp udp port 4950 4955 forward, Warframe will detect as fullcone

However, sometimes network not responding and log me out.

This time Warframe will say Strict Nat please forward port 4950 4955

So why does this happen?

Now I use dmz function to avoid this.

Please try to rebuild your network driver again DE!

Archived