Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Complete and Concise Nekros Rework (or possibly just a new Necromancy frame)

thecursedcometh

Edit: It seems like many people are against this. Keep in mind, I'm not trying to insult anyone that likes Nekros as he is. I'm just saying that I feel he would be more fun to play if he had at least 2 or 3 good abilities with synergy, rather than just popping your 3 and acting like you don't have any other abilities. His other 3 abilities are not awful, but are outshone by nearly every other ability in their relevant categories (CC, survivability, etc.) Also, make no mistake, I have played Nekros quite a lot. It's just that there's only a couple builds that are actually viable with him past level 40 or so.

Right now, Nekros only has one real use. Despoil. And for a frame with as cool of a concept as Nekros, that's rather disappointing to me. So, I came up with this.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Name: Nekros
Themes: Necromancy
Speed: 1.1
Shield: 270
Energy: 150
Health: 300
Armor: 200
Subsumed Ability: Subsume
Passive: Every enemy killed by Nekros has a 15% chance to reanimate as his minion for 10s. Maximum of 30 minions from any source.
Dark Tower (Augment): While Nekros has at least 5 active minions, he cannot be knocked down or staggered.
Obey (25): Curse all nearby enemies, causing them to become Nekros' minions upon death.
⦁    Duration: 10/20/30/40 s for Curse, 3/6/9/12 s for Minion duration
⦁    Range: 10/20/30/40 m
Despoil (Augment): Enemies affected by Obey have a 100% chance for additional drops.
Incitement (50): Nekros marks one enemy, forcing all minions to attack it and amplifying minion damage against the marked target by 1000%.
⦁    Duration: 3/6/9/12 s
⦁    Range: 25/50/75/100 m
⦁    Strength: 250/500/750/1000 % minion damage
Tribute (Augment): Enemies marked by Kneel have a 100% chance to drop a Universal Orb on death.
Subsume (75): Nekros devours the soul of one enemy below 5% health, instantly killing them and gaining 5% of their maximum health for 20s.
⦁    Duration: 5/10/15/20 s
⦁    Range: 2/4/6/8 m
Disciples (Augment): Allies within 25m gain the effects of Subsume at 50% value.
Note: If you think 5% doesn't seem like a lot, a level 80 heavy gunner has 24,160 health. 5% of that is 1208 health.
Monolith (100): Fragment Nekros' soul, rendering him unable to die. Each hit that would cause lethal damage will instead reduce the duration of Monolith by 0.25s. Each minion active when Monolith is cast will be absorbed, increasing the duration by 3s each.
⦁    Duration: 4/8/12/16 s
Amortality (Augment): Each enemy killed during Monolith will grant Nekros 50 armor and restore 50 health when the ability ends.

30 minutes ago, thecursedcometh said:

Right now, Nekros only has one real use. Despoil.

In your eyes, yes...

His 1st can be used to instantly revive allies at a distance when used with the augment, his 2nd is a Crowd Control skill, his 3rd is his Bonus Loot skill and his most important one, his 4th can be used to provide both distraction against enemy fire and damage absorbtion with the augment.

Basically he has many utilities if you build properly for them and hes in a great position right now.

6 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

In your eyes, yes...

His 1st can be used to instantly revive allies at a distance when used with the augment, his 2nd is a Crowd Control skill, his 3rd is his Bonus Loot skill and his most important one, his 4th can be used to provide both distraction against enemy fire and damage absorbtion with the augment.

Basically he has many utilities if you build properly for them and hes in a great position right now.

Fair enough. Mainly what I meant by Despoil being his only use is that Despoil is the only thing he's best at. Several other frames such as Trinity and Oberon have support skills to prevent allies from ever dying in the first place. Almost every other CC skill, such as Chaos or Breach Surge, is more effective than Terrify. Desecrate is good. And Shadows is similar to Terrify, mainly for CC and survivability, outshone by nearly every other skill. He's just... mediocre in most ways. Not awful, but nothing special.

I just find one button frames to be boring. But this is just my opinion. If you enjoy Nekros as he is, there's nothing wrong with that.

The absolutely only change i think i would make to Nekros would be to change his Desecrate's range so it is affected by Player's Affinity Range, this would open space for builds that use other stats instead and not completely inutilize them wile also giving some value to Vazarin for increasing Affinity range further by 25 meters.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Why do people even include this... 
Warframes may resemble male/female 'sexes' but they are all genderless.

Because the people that were used to make the frames had genders/sexes and therefore we refer them by the genders/sexes they were as it is reflected in their body physics.

30 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Because the people that were used to make the frames had genders/sexes and therefore we refer them by the genders/sexes they were as it is reflected in their body physics.

I mean we really should be specific here when we are addressing this topic.

Gender is social. We have no way of knowing the gender of the people that were used to make the warframe (unless there is something in the lore/codex about their gender. I could be wrong..). We can only judge them based on visual sex. This has nothing to do with gender. They are different things and people should really not confuse the two when addressing topics related to one or the other.

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I mean we really should be specific here when we are addressing this topic.

Gender is social. We have no way of knowing the gender of the people that were used to make the warframe. We can only judge them based on visual sex. This has nothing to do with gender. They are different things and people should really not confuse the two when addressing topics related to one or the other.

You're right. And yeah, I actually just checked the wiki, and it's not on there. I don't know why I thought it was. Sorry about that. Sex and gender are things I'm not well versed in, so please forgive me if I seem insensitive.

1 minute ago, thecursedcometh said:

You're right. And yeah, I actually just checked the wiki, and it's not on there. I don't know why I thought it was. Sorry about that. Sex and gender are things I'm not well versed in, so please forgive me if I seem insensitive.

I don't think you are insensitive.

Me even bringing up the topic is kind of not in good taste.

Also, everyone, please read the edit I made to the main post in an attempt to explain why I think these changes should be made. That being said, since Desecrate is clearly a very valued skill, I've come to the conclusion that maybe this concept would be better as an entirely new frame. Thank you all for your feedback, it's very valuable.

Archived