Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else feel weird posting “I like things about this game” in the feedback forum?

(NSW)Greybones

Recently I posted “I appreciate the thought given to the little nooks and crannies in recent level designs.” under the Missions feedback.

No suggestions for improvement, no complaints, just a “I’m liking the thing you guys did, good work”. Yet I felt like I was making a post that people couldn’t wait to jump all over (no idea what the reason would be, though). No-one did, and the one additional post in the topic was an “I  like this too”, but still, it felt weirdly out-of-place.

Has anyone else felt this way at the thought of posting an “I like this thing, thanks for it” in the feedback?

I think now, in the monstrous society we are all trudging through, that people are more quick to complain about something or point out mistakes. When is the last time someone called a manager to tell them of the good experience they had at a restaurant, store, etc? I bet you've called to complain though, or left a nasty review. And I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular either.

There are times I go to levels or relays simply to look at the beautiful imagery, or items I'd kill yo have for my dojo.

Earth Relay fire stuff when?

We need to stop being so negative about everything, I know I am certainly guilty of it at times.

So.....

Thank you DE, things are mostly good and pretty and fun.

I try to use the Feedback forums for positivity as well.  You know it's overwhelmingly negative, so I feel like every bit of positive feedback helps when there's stuff that has been fixed or just works great.

And if others want to toss negativity on top of your positivity, just let them.  The people who count will see it and appreciate it.

There's a reason for that, players who are having fun are busy playing the game, players who aren't happy with the current state of things (mostly veterans) come here to talk about it

Once you experience the amazing story quests, the satisfaction of getting that gear you've been grinding for some time, doing bosses for the first time etc. it's pretty amazing the first time but after that the excitement dies out and all you see is how stale the game can be at times 

5 hours ago, --EC--Adrenaline said:

There's a reason for that, players who are having fun are busy playing the game, players who aren't happy with the current state of things (mostly veterans) come here to talk about it

Once you experience the amazing story quests, the satisfaction of getting that gear you've been grinding for some time, doing bosses for the first time etc. it's pretty amazing the first time but after that the excitement dies out and all you see is how stale the game can be at times 

...So are you defending the status quo of "Make people feel weird for posting that they like the game", or...?

Oh yeah, believe me, I've felt the staleness. Five times now, in the one year I've been playing. I take a few days to do something else, usually do some reading, or immerse myself in some other game. Then I come back and start the grinding again, or do more work on my dojo. 

My daughter was the one to drag me into this game, all because of the words "Loki" and "Valkyr", now she and her friends don't play at all, but Mom built her own Clan, recruited, decorated, and placed twice in Featured Dojo contests. Not bad for a middle aged lady.

My goal, Solo Profit Taker and Exploiter Orb, and to continue my defense of being a Hydroid main.

You're stuck with me fellow Tenno, this old Broad is after a legitimate first place win in Featured Dojo.

Archived