Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Psa: Unintended Mod/aura Inclusion

I see a lot of people in this thread feeling robbed, like DE owes them something, that they are being unfair. DE was very kind to the people that got these mods, instead of revoking them like most game devs I've seen would have, and wasting the time, credits and mods players spent getting them.

If you did not receive one of these mods that were leaked, you were not wronged. You were just unlucky.

Chill, and wait for the upcoming details that DE Rebecca announced.

The point is not that people are feeling robbed, but that there now are mods and auras that aren't properly balanced in the hands of a few people who should never have had those in the first place. It would only make sense to remove them and replace them by other items of equal rarity.

Just think about it. A Nekros with halved casting times basically looses one of his main weaknesses. An aura that increases Affinity gain is even more broken. These things simply shouldn't be available at all in their current state.

At least that's my opinion on the matter.

Edited by Liandra
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for letting us know what happened and what was done to resolve it. Lots of lesser developers would have just done it behind the scenes without updating the community on it.

• Upvote 2

The point is not that people are feeling robbed, but that there now are mods and auras that aren't properly balanced in the hands of a few people who should never have had those in the first place. It would only make sense to remove them and replace them by other items of equal rarity.

Just think about it. A Nekros with halved casting times basically looses one of his main weaknesses. An aura that increases Affinity gain is even more broken. These things simply shouldn't be available at all in their current state.

At least that's my opinion on the matter.

I agree with you that they should be removed. However, that they were not suggests they will be balanced and officially released soon enough that its not worth the time it would take to remove the mods and compensate the affected players.

Thanks DE for deleting my post here in this thread. I guess criticism and negative feddback are not allowed anymore hm? Too bad i did not get how many upvotes it had.. 20.. 30? lol

Oh.. by the way.. you missed a spot *points to all the posts containing quotes of his deleted post*

Edited by Namacyst
  • Upvote 3

I hope these are going to be in U11, otherwise this was just cruel... This just seems a little extreme Digital Extremes........ Besides, with that new sprint speed aura mod... new world records for the obstacle course!

A new sprint aura mod would've made it so that there's an actual challenger to the glorious energy siphon/corrosive projection duality. I certainly hope these get added to the game with U11.

And primed chamber... It's been long enough. The players deserve to be able to get it somehow.

• Upvote 4

As long as the mods you intend to never release are removed from the inventories of players who acquired them during that time, nothing of value was lost. You're planning to release those mods sometime and people got a timed exclusive until the day arrives? Lucky them, no problem.

But as soon as dev build mods intended only for testing have been leaked, you better run a cleanup script on your account database to remove those.

Exactly right, IMHO. Well said.

• Upvote 1

OMG, serious?

I just wasted a hell lot of rares and credits.... in hope of acquiring primed chamber, now I read this.

I'm a sad puppy.

Well DE,it's to late now,people demand justice,we understand that it was a mistake but you won't kill anyone if you release the mods sooner (Primed Chamber included) and that way you'll stop all the sadness and sorrow of the community.

• Upvote 3

By the looks of it, those are mostly mods for dev testing. Several of them would negate the need for certain income sources. It would be wrong to take away the stuff people had made(they lost their mods to make those), but it would also make little sense to release them.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by [DE]Megan, November 1, 2013 - not constructive
Hidden by [DE]Megan, November 1, 2013 - not constructive

Thanks DE for deleting my post here in this thread. I guess criticism and negative feddback are not allowed anymore hm? Too bad i did not get how many upvotes it had.. 20.. 30? lol

Oh.. by the way.. you missed a spot *points to all the posts containing quotes of his deleted post*

True, why did his post got removed? He did not said anything wrong.. Criticism is bannable i guess... Great job DEvs..

Edited by Trancival
  • Upvote 1

CUUUUUUUUUURSE YOU BEING AT WORK AND NOT BEING ABLE TO PLAY

EDIT: Gratz to you lucky ducks who got primed chamber though :v

Actually i got that same this morning ^^

I will be unsatisfied.

I read that fast and it looked like  "I will be unsalted"  and was like, wth?

On topic. I would expect these mods to come out eventually, but an ETA would be appreciated. I would assume the new auras would be delegated to the alerts system.  As for the others new rare mods?  Probably int he next semi-large update. Like the vaults.

• Upvote 3

i was around when the drop tables where flipped and rares were more common than commons.

i remember when mag wasnt worth the time it took to farm. now she is OP.

stick around long enough during a beta and you get to deal with the worst situations and the most OP ones. but regardless you are in a beta. if every "mistake" was fixed id have half my mods and even less in resources.

so now we have groups that outcry a mistake being fixed, and another who demand "justice" because they couldnt get the same toys. what a joke.

• Upvote 1

I kinda thought they were weird when they didn't have any unique art or anything to them. Ah well. 

Can someone give a list on what Mods were taken away? Some people who are not well informed are getting confused. That includes me and my friends.

The only thing I have against this leak of mods, is if when they do release them, but with new stats (as 60% sprint speed increase AS AN AURA is kinda large), they don't change the stats for those who got the, from this glitch.  The reward should be, for getting them before, that you had them earlier.  When released and changed, playing field should be levelled, but until then, though I'm annoyed, how DE is handling this is decent.

• Upvote 1

"However, if you received one, you will be able to keep it."

Weird, I kept it for my bow.. yet it apparantly walked magically out of my inventory.

"However, if you received one, you will be able to keep it."

Weird, I kept it for my bow.. yet it apparantly walked magically out of my inventory.

If you're refering to primed chamber(charged as well), then no worries.

because if you were trying to place the mod on your bow but couldnt find it, its because it's for sniper rifles only. wont show up on the mod list with bows. lol

Edited by vissroid
  • Upvote 1