Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excavation mission type bugs

NeedPants89

Greetings,

I could not find a previous topic about these bugs, nor does there seem to be a megathread for bugs for update 30.3.1, so I made a separate topic. I hope this is acceptable.

BUG 1:

Description: When doing excavation missions in general, including regular missions on the starchart, syndicate missions and sorties, the excavator markers that indicate where you need to go to find the next excavator, STAY on the screen, even after the excavation has finished. This results in a screen littered with markers, especially when doing 10+ excavators.

Expected result: Yellow markers indicating where the next excavator will be, should disappear once the excavator has started drilling, and be replaced with a white marker of a letter, showing the player how many excavators are active at the given time. After the excavator has finished/was destroyed, the white marker should disappear, leaving no marker behind of any kind.

How to reproduce: This bug is persistent throughout all excavation missions I have done since the patch. Simply start any excavation mission.

BUG 2:

Description: There seems to be a problem with resource boosters, smeeta buffs and the amount of cryotic gained at the end of certain excavation missions. Regular missions did not seem to have this issue, however both syndicate excavations as well as sortie excavations, do. As an example, for a syndicate mission I had to gather 500 cryotic to finish the mission. Once finished, at the end mission screen, I would always get exactly double that amount, due to my active resource booster. However this was not the case. Instead it showed a seemingly arbitrary number of 856(?) cryotic gained.

This bug also happened later when I did another excavation for a sortie, with an active resource booster and with a smeeta kavat equipped. The charm buff for doubling resources was active at the end of one of the excavations. This means that instead of the base 100 cryotic, I should have gained 400 (x2 for the resource booster, x2 again for the smeeta buff). This means that at the end of the mission, which also required 500 cryotic to be excavated, I should have had 1200 cryotic. Instead I gained 913(?).

Expected result: The syndicate mission, which required 500 cryotic to be gathered, should have rewarded double the amount of cryotic at the end of the mission because of an active resource booster. Hence the expected outcome is 1000 cryotic.

The sortie mission should have rewarded 1200 cryotic, thanks to both a resource booster and an active smeeta charm for double resources.

How to reproduce: So far I have consistently gained seemingly arbitrary numbers for cryotic in excavation missions that are not endless. This includes syndicate missions and sorties.

BUG 3:

Description: The hitbox for the excavator does not match with the visual outline of the drill itself. When using Mesa, its a pretty common practice to perch atop the excavator to snipe down enemies. However lately (even before the last patch) the hitbox is as such that Mesa sinks into the excavator till well over her waist. This limits sightlines and makes the whole experience awkward . While not a serious or gamebreaking bug, it is annoying and since this bugreport is about the issues i ran into with excavation missions, I felt it should be included.

Expected result: When jumping on top of an excavator, one should not sink into the drill.

How to reproduce: Simply jump on top of any excavator in any excavation missions and you will notice the discrepancy between the hitbox of the excavator and the visual outline.

That is all. Apologies for the long read, I wanted to be thorough.

Sincerely,

NeedPants

Archived