Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your go-to damage type for different enemy factions?

Nearly everything in this game is either weak to Corrosive (Grineer and Infested) or Viral+Radiation (Grineer and Corpus). Blast is freaking useless, there is all of two enemies in the entire game that are weak to it. Gas is broken in the bad way, as these forums have laid out many times. Heat/Cold/Elec don't do enough damage compared to Corrosive or Viral, so they're relegated to proc spam only. If I am doing Steel Path Corpus I might consider Magnetic+Toxin, but that is about it for those two, they're useless otherwise

8 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Grineer: Puncture or Slash + Viral + Heat hybrid

Corpus (normal): any + Viral + Electric status

Corpus (Steel Path & enhanced shields): any + Toxin status

Infested: Slash + Corrosive + Heat crit

Corrupted: Slash + Viral + Heat hybrid

Sentients: Corrosive crit

Nicely laid out, I'm going to use that.

I run critical on most stuff when I can.

• Grineer (normal):  Viral + Heat hybrid   [and what ever else is on the actual weapon.]

• Corpus (normal): Toxin hybrid   [and what ever else is on the actual weapon.]

• Corpus, Grineer, (Steel Path & enhanced shields): Toxin + Slash hybrid   [bypasses shields and it just kills Grineer anyway]

• Infested and in SP: Gas + Electric hybrid   [and what ever else is on the actual weapon.]

• Corrupted: Viral + Rad + Heat hybrid   [and what ever else is on the actual weapon.]

• Sentients: Corrosive + Critical   [and what ever else is on the actual weapon.]

7 minutes ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

Humm nobody mentionned condition overload ?

What elements are good ? Slash and viral status wins, then anything that add damage to condition overload

I feel like condition overload is not worth it outside very high lvl missions since up to that point you can 1 shot almost anything, for CO to work you'd be required to hit an enemy multiple times to apply status effects and if you're going to kill something in 2 hits might as well replace it with something else and kill with just 1 hit

If I'm running steel path I'll properly mod for enemy faction.

Star chart? I'm just running my Kuva Ogris with whatever the hell I slapped on at the time, which is basically irrelevant as the innate blast damage deletes whatever I'm vaguely aiming at 😂😂

Viral + heat tends to be the "good enough for most things" build from elemental perspective,

You could definitely do better if you build per faction for strengths and weaknesses (corrosive for grineer, toxin for corpus , heat/gas for infested) but the bonus is minor.

It of course depends on the weapon , some weapons have intrinsic elements (viral/ corrosive for example) which just makes them that much better when combined with others.

Having slash proccing capability is also preferred whether by IPS weighting or by stances , or special mods (hunter munitions/internal bleeding etc.)

having the best elements will also not be as effective if you rarely proc , so you need to make sure you have something with acceptable status chance.

In my case its pretty much either viral/slash/heat or corrosive/heat for everything. Sometimes i swap in toxin for corpus, but its generally not necessary at all. Its too bad that corrosive got nerfed so hard by the stacking and time limits on the procs as i tend to find that a lot more interesting to use than viral/slash builds. So basically i want my weapons to actually do the damage with their attacks, not with slash status procs.

25 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

Viral slash when the weapon allows it, viral heat for when it doesn't, and viral elec on phantasma. That's about it. 

There is no faction variable that changes the build. 

I have Viral/Heat on Phantasma and it kills lvl 150 heavy gunner in half a clip. Mostly due to the burn damage

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

I have Viral/Heat on Phantasma and it kills lvl 150 heavy gunner in half a clip. Mostly due to the burn damage

My elec burns through a 170 manic bombard in less than a magazine. It's riven'd with dam ms -slash.  Also aoe on elec is beneficial, especially when paired with a grouping ability.

I've noticed elec is much better with it as it gets most effectiveness with enemies in close proximity with it's innate enemy punch through. 

4 minutes ago, Gremlin said:

My elec burns through a 170 manic bombard in less than a magazine. It's riven'd with dam ms -slash.  Also aoe on elec is beneficial, especially when paired with a grouping ability.

I've noticed elec is much better with it as it gets most effectiveness with enemies in close proximity with it's innate enemy punch through. 

I don't have a Riven on mine and I'm willing to bet heat performs better individually. It just does more damage to most enemies and it strips armor to boot. Electricity has a damage debuff on Alloy armor, so it's worse vs Bombards than heat.

But I would like to try electricity just because. But this would only be good if you can use a grouping ability. Interesting thought though.

chill method for sp i'm running atm on my melees is toxin + primed smite grineer, toxin bypasses corpus shields and primed smite gives insane slash ticks on grineer ignoring their armor and infested just die to slash, also have epitaph for when i need to apply viral+radiation+cold 

16 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

chill method for sp i'm running atm on my melees is toxin + primed smite grineer, toxin bypasses corpus shields and primed smite gives insane slash ticks on grineer ignoring their armor and infested just die to slash, also have epitaph for when i need to apply viral+radiation+cold 

• Fixed the Bane Mods applying the increased Damage twice. 

Viral.

Sure, not always the best, but it's so consistently a close second unlike every other damage type. Magnetic and Toxin aren't useful against Grineer, Corrosive isn't good against Corpus, Viral is good against everything. 

• Viral+Radiation+Slash for melee (covers Corpus, Grineer, Robots, Deimos infested);
  • Viral+Radiation+Puncture for primary weapon (sniper main);
  • Magnetic+Toxin/Corrosive+Heat for secondaries (because why not);
  • Gas+Cold modded Ignis Wraith against rot-strain infested.

Depends on the warframe, rivens, and the weapon itself. 

I play a lot of Trinity, so she demands viral or usually rad/viral since her preferred primary weapons both have rivens that make this easily possible--100% armor strip makes it a no-brainer. 

Everyone else tends to rad/cold, rad/heat (rivens), rad/viral (rivens) or with the zip guns those plus corrosion. I usually avoid Corpus, but if they're on the menu then mag/tox or rad/tox (rivens) is usually the go-to. Frankly, if I could only run my BratonP with rad/viral and nothing else ever again, I'd be OK with it. 

However, if we're only slumming on the star chart farming stuff, it almost doesn't matter. I like a lot of slash because exploding enemies never gets old. 

There are only 3 things that make a noticable difference in killing enemies:

• Armor. Use corrosive(+heat) or viral+heat/bleeds. Radiation against some bosses.
  • Ancient Healers. Have your Sentinel proc radiation.
  • Nullifiers. Use rapid fire guns or a Miter.

Archived