Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #155 Monday @ 1:00 ET!

[DE]Rebecca

Once more, Three questions be what I have for thee, will yon devs respond to me?

Firstly, Will you consider a rework for the whole Syndicate system as a whole? I feel we have bigger problems than differences in ideology when we're looking at a Five-Fold-Pentagram pointed directly at, towards and into our collective Arse. The current changes oncoming and the new cosmetic pieces are absolutely lovely, don't get me wrong, but the original point still somewhat stands.

Secondly, a bunch of points tied with a very Lich-based Pin

• Are you ever planning to make more Kuva weapons? No longer relevant, but will you have some previews for the new toys?
  • Would you ever consider returning to most of the other Kuva Weapons to make adjustments to the models to bring them mildly more in line with examples such as the Ayanga, Chakkur & Bramma? Not anything major, just some added greebles to make them look more akin to a Kuvagun rather than just a basic model with a glowing barrel.
  • Another thing, will you consider adding special effects and/or gimmicks to Kuva Weapons once they are all forma'd up to MR40? As in, like how the Paracesis will gain bonus damage against Sentients & Strips their resistances for example. Maybe minor buffs to stats or abnormal activity like chance not to consume ammunition or gaining innate punch-through?
    Most people just use the Chakkur, Ayanga and Bramma because they're pretty meta and unique to boot. Some small tweaks to the lot of them at the end of their forma-ing would do wonders for those who'd bother to go through the ordeal. Hell, even if its as simple as an inherent multishot or small tactical improvements, or explosive rounds?
  • Finally, will or when will we be able to bring along a converted Kuva Lich as a companion? Will you do more in future/far-future to flesh out their potential for being characters? Will we be able to just have them on our Orbiter to hang out with us? It's awful lonely when it's just you, Ordis and the PTSD-ridden soul that is Excalibur Umbra. I just wanna chill with my buddy Dorb Manakam.

Thirdly; Have you considered outsourcing good writers to help fluff out the Lore of Warframe?

I'll cite Destiny-2, as the amount of lore goes a great deal to paint a picture of the world the player interacts with. The stuff in warframe's good, but it's more a matter of quantity; There just isn't much more than what is presented to the player in-game, so the setting at times feels like the scaffold's all there, it just needs some meat on the bone. 

Regardless, I'm interested in what you have in store for us. 
PS, doyouevenreadthese?

I desperately need more riven slots. I really do. I am at 181 again, for the n:th time. Please!

"Killing your babies" might be an ok concept overall, but not when the babies are your painstakingly rolled rivens. And when +10 new weapons are about to hit the game.

When is the pets 2.0? Kubrows are still mostly useless, as well as sentients on high levels and in mod usefulness.
Can we give Vulpaphyla treatment to all pets? Maybe like they'd return to ship for 10-15 seconds instead of dying and then continue combat with you. Reviving pets on high-level missions is a quite troublesome.
And maybe remove the health/shield/armor mods and instead make pets stats  scale with the enemy level, let players put in more mods that would get more usefulness out of their pets/sentinels.

1. Would you be right to answer if you have planned to increase the capacity of riven slots? New weapons are coming.

2. And pets 2.0? Will be any buff to Kubrows.

3. When will you implement the new modular archwings?

4. When wil be depoyed all new primary and secondary weapon MOD's? to rebalance them with melee one's.

Hi there here are three questions:

1. Will we see the Tenno gradually aging or growing up towards adulthood?
2. Will we ever be able to see, or board, or experience the Zariman 10-0?
3. What and or when, if so, will the next "open-world" zone be like or related to?
4. Will we ever be able to freely pilot our railjacks through the vastness of the Solar System, at higher speeds, (as a 'zone/area' for example)? Even if just for the beautiful scenery?

Questions:

1. Are there any plans to make each melee weapon type and stances matters more? Lots of weapon types or stances are very similar. Animations are different but we are doing the same basic thing (e.g. hitting enemy in front of us). Weapons like Zaws & Warfans adds special gimmicks (Zaw can equip Exodias Contagion, Epidemic etc AND Warfans heavy attack shoot projectiles) - which is nice!
  2. Are there any plans to make melee interact more with enemies. For example you "jump at enemy" so you should knock the enemy down (enemy lying on the ground). In WF a frame just brush enemy.
  3. Are there plans for Do-it-yourself stances? Some stances have combos that doesn't fit movement. For example Gunblades - Bullet dance forward combo moves weapon around you and standing (simply pressing E) looks like it moving forward/backward. More here.
  4. Any change planed for Sevagoth?
  5. Will Sister of Pablos be available only in RJ? I don't like RJ and I cannot even finish first missions however I still can beat normal Liches. Making Sisters RJ-only would make some people not play them.
  6. Can we have at least 1 Crew available when we start RJ? With archwings we can buy Archwings & guns, earn mods and level them up in low level archwing mission. In case of RJ it's much harder. Having at least 1 Crew might help Solo players.
  7. Any news on Ghoul Saw Unicycle melee? Would it be another weapon type with new stance? Riding on enemies seems like it could add some fresh air to weapons (point 1.) and it seems to affect enemies (point 2.). And it looks COOL.
  8. Yareli will drop from RJ or something new?
  9. Any news on Mitosid Mod Set?

Well, that's all, thank you and have a good day.

When is Hydroid going to get a proper rework/look at to make him competitively(in the sense that he's competing against other warframes for player attention) useful and fun? It always seems like he's an unwanted child with how long his prime trailer took, how little feedback was considered for his first touch up, and his current state of not even being salvageable by the helminth system.

Hopefully it’s not too late to throw my hat in the ring! I hadn’t been able to get this posted until now, but it couldn’t be helped. I’ll try to make this a bit shorter than usual since there are so many questions, but I hope at least one of them can be answered.

Some of the questions are relating to what I asked in the Devstream 154 thread, mainly because those are pretty important questions to me. That said, if they don’t get answered this time around, no harm done :)

Let’s dive in;

• How are things progressing on Scarlet Spear’s return? The Flotilla was shown a while back, but since then I still have the Post Devstream feedback thread (Covering my feedback on numerous subjects, not just Empyrean), which included an overall solid way to bring it back to the game.

• I hope it can serve a good purpose towards making that event better than it was before.

• With the recent fix of your gear wheel being in Sanctuary onslaught, are there any thoughts or considerations toward allowing your Archgun Launcher to be used? Considering that Archguns can be used against enemies out in the Origin System, I’d think that Simaris would want to include that as a Dynamic factor. One could almost say the same thing about Necramechs, but perhaps he could have a separate experiment built around the endurance of those instead.

• If it could be possible, perhaps the gear wheel key could specifically become an Archgun key.

• This might be a more relevant question for when the Duviri Paradox is closer, but have any plans toward Expanding Operator Customization been discussed or thought about? I’m quite certain many people would love to add Armor and a Syandana to their Operator, myself included! It could help with coordinating with your selected Warframe as well, at the very least.

• Would it be a feasible idea to separate Body & Step Ephemera into their own categories? There’s a large number of combinations that us Tenno could pull off and integrate into Fashion-framing if that is a possibility! It’s something I’ve suggested before, since it’s one of my favorite ideas.

• Speaking of the recent QoL changes on PC, I’ve listed a few more things here that would improve a couple of areas of the game, such as holding & dragging colors to other slots when customizing Warframes, Operators, Weapons, Companions & Vehicles! The Crew management screen shows that it’s already in the game, so I think that could be pulled off at some point. Is there still time to add QoLs like this into the next update?

• A much more recent thought I had;

• Knowing that more Kuva weapons are on the way, I was wondering: Are the Kuva Weapons eligible for Tennogen? I think there could be some room to explore with the various Kuva weapons, such as Bow skins for the Bramma (Even Tennogen Arrows, which could be for all bows!), a skin for the Kuva Nukor, and more.

It’s another reason why I’d like to learn more about 3D modeling, etc. :)

• There’s one last thing I’d like to ask about for now;

Considering that both Necramechs still do not have their own passives, could the sort of aspects in this thread be implemented?
    "Necramech Passives, & potential Mech-ability synergies with allies (Including Warframes & Operators)! (Voidrig's done, & Bonewidow seems done too! Feedback encouraged from all Tenno & DE!)"

• I put a lot of thought into the hypothetical passives for the Voidrig & Bonewidow Mechs, as well as their abilities, so I think it would really help their survivability and viability in missions like Orphix Venom for the foreseeable future! For those who have yet to see it, here’s a couple of snippets from the thread:

• Voidrig’s Passive:
        Spoiler

(Copied directly from the thread)

Backup Power: By holding the gear wheel toggle (Because Mechs don't use a gear wheel), pull up a small interface above the Engine gauge. Select one or more options to divert your engine reserves into, to increase: Ability Strength, Duration, Range, or Efficiency.

Do you want to boost your firepower (Strength), the kick of your abilities (Range), Efficiency (Merging Engine power with energy to reduce energy cost), or how long they last (Fusing Engine power into your next cast so that it lasts longer)?

In more detail:

• (First off, this will work much better if a percentage number can be added onto the Engine guage, given the details)

• When you select one of these options, your Engine power will gradually drain at a rate of 2% per second. It will continue to gather engine power until you hold the gear toggle again to keep the charge or vent it out through your Archgun (Adding to what it can do briefly, noted below).

• While allocating power, you cannot boost (Slide) continuously, hover, or run until you hold the gear toggle to hold the charge.

• If the Engine power drains due to this allocation, the charge will automatically be held until your next cast. The Engine will need 10-15 seconds to start recovering (At which time you can use it normally), but your charge will be kept.

(If you're already holding a stored charge, you will need to either cast an ability with it, or vent it into your Archgun before beginning a new Engine allocation)

For venting the charge

• If your vent your charge via Archgun (Tap the gear toggle to make your Archgun glow from the inside out), and it's based on Ability Strength, damage will be increased for that full magazine (Until that number of bullets empties).

• Perhaps a visual guage in your Mech's energy color can appear above the Archgun's listed ammo amount. This guage can look like a bullet chain perhaps (Maybe depending on the Archgun you use), and as it runs out of charged ammunition that decreases, and fades when it's used up.

• Charges of ability efficiency or range will increase the speed of the bullets or other type of fire, letting it go out further and faster (This empties it faster).

• A charge of ability duration increases the duration of all status procs caused by the Archgun's magazine.

For using the charge

If you select multiple options, a varying amount of Engine power will be put into each respective aspect of your ability. This first bit is based on the first three abilities, as Guard Mode is a channeled ability (Noted below).

• The conversion rate for Engine power to Ability (Aspect here) is: 2% engine power equals +1% ability aspect increase. One reason for that is Ability Strength.

• Considering that these numbers will add on top of your mods, it may not be needed to have more than 80% ability strength for the Arquebex (To be fair, that thing is strong on it's own!).

• But, it's also a decent increase when you get in the thick of it and plan your combat strategy. Up to 50% of an ability aspect increase may eliminate the need for a mod in your build, allowing you to slot in a utility of some kind, or still stack the mod effects with it!

• I also gave Necramech Thrusters some thought (Since that can double your total engine capacity) last night. There were two possibilities I thought of originally, however they both could lead to people feeling like they have to have the mod in order to make use of the passive. As a result, I don't thnk they're balanced for this.

(I do have a good, sensible reason for the official application of the mod with this though)

• (Original possibilities (For those who're curious; Neither of these are what I'd choose)

1. With a max rank Necramech Thrusters, that could've increased the Engine's power limit in some way. Either stopping at 50% allocation & hold one collective charge, to let you use the Engine normally without a cooldown...

2. Or it might've increased the conversion limit so that it's 1% allocation for 1% increase, being completely linear. This could lead to a +100% ability aspect increase on top of your mods.

(Arquebex becomes an even greater tactical nuke launcher, which it doesn't need; It's very good as is, considering how the passive would already work with Guard Mode below).

Official Application with Necramech Thrusters

• Considering how the two above things might feel mandatory (Possibly feeling like costing a mod slot), I think it would make more sense to have no functional interaction between the passive and Necramech Thrusters. If a max rank Thrusters is slotted in, the conversion rate stays the same. One way of looking at that though, is if the guage's percentage number is listed as 200% Engine Power on the HUD, the conversion rate can be thought of as 4% engine power per 1% ability aspect increase. Visually speaking, if you're adding bigger thrusters on the Necramech itself, that might need a larger amount of oomph from the engine to make use of it!

So effectively speaking, the mod doesn't need to interact with this passive, so players don't feel an urgency to increase the capacity.

Taking all this in, when you cast Necraweb, Storm Shroud, or Gravemines, you may need to think of what aspect of them you want to increase on the fly.

It's a simple ability passive concept I think! And it fits right in with the Old War style of the Necramechs (I believe Father would agree with me).

Now if you cast Guard Mode, you can actually divert power to it as you activate the 4th ability!

How it works is:

• Select your ability aspect(s), then once the allocation begins activate Guard Mode. When the Engine drains during the ability, each buff will last at the fullest effect they can be until Guard Mode deactivates.

• As more Engine power is pumped into it, the effect will increase over time!

• Ability Strength will gradually increase the damage of each shot fired.

• Ability Range increases how far the shots will go, and (Optional for DE) may increase the blast radius of every shot by the appropriate percentage.

• Ability Efficiency (Unlike with a normal Archgun) focuses on the energy cost to activate, and subsequent drain over time.

• Ability Duration focuses more on the energy drain than Efficiency (Since it doesn't help ability cast-cost as well, small balance there!), but it might still work with a mix of Efficiency as well.

• Alternative to this method of using Guard Mode, you can simply hold a previous charge and put it all into Guard Mode at once while your engine recovers from something else.

Finally, here are some important reasons why I thought of this:

1. When the Mech first came out, TONS of mentions regarding how stamina came back, why that was and that it shouldn't be there were on the relevant forum threads (Not meaning to say that they were all complaints or that everyone on those threads disliked it). To be fair, I could see what they meant, as far as that goes.

• As for how I felt about it, since the Mechs are old school compared to Warframes, I think it's more realistic. They aren't necessarily advanced in the same manner.

• So when I thought of this passive, I figured it will be a way to make the "stamina bar" no longer just a stamina thing. Now you can actually / actively strategize with it.

• Plus, for a machine like this, it makes sense for it to have some sort of effort-allocation system. The Mech's HUD style is well suited to include such a thing.

2. I feel that this sort of passive represents how Necramechs are the way they are, personally. Especially with the Voidrig bring the first one introduced, it should be a good standard to think about for future Mech development (Including Bonewidow).

3. The Backup Power passive is like an effort to dig in your heels and pull out all the stops to win, which makes sense when sometimes summoning your Mech itself is your last (Or first) ditch effort against the enemy.

4. This way of looking at the passive (& how to make it work), to me does seem balanced as is, and it really makes the player think about what they want to do.

• Not just with their abilities, but in case they only want to power their equipped Archgun, they have that option too. Putting the choices in the player's hands with this feels like a really fun and engaging way to use the Necramech!

• In addition, fully draining the Engine shouldn't be too risky as long as you have a way to stay alive with Storm Shroud, to look at it another way. You can quickly start allocating power again or just clear the room of enemies, and prepare for your next enemy engagement.
        5. Speaking of player choice, as noted in the passive description, you're free to remove a mod from your build since the Engine can more than make up for a given ability aspect (Up to 50% compared to a 30% mod increase)! But that said, you can also keep the mod in, and then stack the Engine's power onto it too.

• Bonewidow’s Passive:
        Spoiler

(Copied directly from the thread)

The Entrati Endure: Whenever Bonewidow kills an enemy, she gains one “Life Charge''. Once the Life gauge is full, Bonewidow can survive the next fatal source of damage that hits her, quickly restoring her HP fully & granting a brief invulnerability period, among other things.

• New charges might not be gained during the invulnerability period (Up to DE).

• (Also up to DE) During the cooldown, Bonewidow’s Engine recovers +25% faster (Adding onto relevant mods), and drains +15% slower (Stacking with mods as well).

• This would be to help extend the use of Bonewidow’s Engines while in the heat of the battle, or when she needs to put some distance between herself and the enemy.

• The invulnerability period is not affected by mods (Since it comes from the passive), and the cooldown lasts for 20 seconds (During which time the Life gauge will empty gradually for in-mission reference).

• The Life gauge incorporates the Entrati mechanic of using 5 enemy kills to activate some sort of effect. It doesn’t matter which enemies are killed, as long as Bonewidow deals the final blow.

• Using Transference will not affect the amount of charges Bonewidow has built up. Additionally, the cooldown period will keep going in the event Bonewidow is not being piloted.

• Once Bonewidow gains a Life Charge, it stays with her until she’s destroyed; Re-summoning her somewhere will not affect her charges.

• The invulnerability period lasts for 7 seconds, which after some thought felt like a good compromise between an unmoddable short 5 seconds (Might’ve been hard to notice it happening), and a lengthy 10 seconds (Which might be longer than necessary).

• The gauge may resemble the designs on Bonewidow’s shield, or other Entrati artistry, gradually filling up as enemies are killed. It may appear just above the Engine gauge to reduce screen clutter.

• Perhaps there’s a way to design it to flow over the top / sides of her Engine gauge? That’d be an interesting thing to see :)

• In addition to restoring her Health, if Shield Maiden has taken any major damage, it's HP & shields (Not including overshields) will be fully recovered to help with staying alive.

• This only happens if Shield Maiden is in use when the passive activates.

• If it's in use, Shield Maiden will also gain an invulnerability period for the same duration as Bonewidow's.

• It would be up to DE on whether Shield Maiden can gain even more HP during the passive's activation or not (As this would stack on top of any HP already accrued).

All things considered, I think this might be a more fitting passive for Bonewidow, partly because it's more relevant to her and the Entrati (As much as I love the thought of an Operator + Mech passive).

Using the Entrati-based mechanic makes a lot of sense, when it comes down to it; Considering where Bonewidow was thought of and what her purpose is. The way this passive works and what it does is also an interesting contrast to how Voidrig’s passive works. In a team, the two could complement each other well.

That said, 5 kills is also a decent balance in the short & long term, since at lower levels it can be a quick safety measure to make sure if a stray bullet hits you, it'll be ok. At the same time in higher levels (Perhaps other than Steel Path levels), the general pace of enemy kills vs when they might kill you can ensure you may rack up kills again by the time the gauge empties, keeping the survivability going!

In case there isn’t a Devstream throughout the month of June, I really wanted to get some of those questions out there. Thanks for hearing me out, and be safe till TennoCon :)

Archived