Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #155 Monday @ 1:00 ET!

[DE]Rebecca

1. Recent arguements I've been noticing is that: Prime weapons with minimal stat increases perform worse than Base weapon + Riven. While I'm not expecting Prime variants to have huge stat increases, how does one balance that? Since Rivens can be extremely powerful on weapons with high Disposition? EG Corinth Prime, Baza Prime, Volnus + Astilla Prime.

2. More directed towards Scott, but what is your opinion on Iron Skin? As a Rhino main since '15, Iron Skin has always seemed to be the focus of his Builds, while the rest of his kit gets little attention.

3. Any planned reworks for Warframes or Companions? I remember awhile ago of a mention for a Pets rework, but nothing was shown from it.

4. Is the 3rd Orb Mother fight still in Limbo, or is it being put on the back burner for now?

5. This is more inspired from other games like FF14 and Genshin, but what about letting us own a house or something like it? I know we can decorate the Orbiter to our liking, but something thats more peaceful and not drifting around in space would be more pleasing.

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Watch the Devstream to be the first to see Yareli in action! This aquatic darling will be sure to steal your heart (while destroying your enemies).

Dare you to give her an owl-themed helmet called Oreli.

After returning from a 2 year break, I'm now getting very sore eyes. I understand this is due to brightness changes and there's no setting that can fix it. There's a long thread on this . Is this being taken seriously and is there a fix coming?

Can you please take the old corpus ship tiles and use them in the void somehow? That was such an amazing play space. I miss it terriblly and there are too many features that space had that did not translate over into the new tiles. And such ambiance, I mean, what fun is a space game that doesnt have airlock failures to deal with, especially the most amazing audio n visuals. Anyone else miss those tiles????

With the ever increasing player base. Would you consider turning trade-chat into a trade-board? 

If there was a system to post listings on a board, and automatically complete transactions, that'd be a huge QoL change. Instead of reading huge walls of trade text.

This problem would only get worse overtime, due to more players filling the chat. 

Thank you for your work. 🙏

1. Any other lore content coming? Warframe's lore has so much potential that I'd appreciate more small lore bits, be it through the leverian, more collectables, codex entries and whatnot. A lot of these could be created by a good writer(s). Also, thank you very much for doing more Prime Trailers, the half animation, half gameplay format is great. If this allowed for releasing trailers for older Primes, that would be delightful.

2. Will you ever expand on the Orb Vallis? I find it strange that all the bounty objectives (aside from Deck 12) take place in the central area of the map. So many locations/bases and whatnot unutilized. Perhaps the third orb could make us investigate other zones?

3. Will Unum stay forever a mystery or could they offer new lore and stuff to do in Cetus?

4. The Orbiter is often confused for the landing craft, and only those who bother finding and reading the codex entry about it have any idea what it looks like. Could the Orbiter become more shown in some way? Like maybe there's an animation of a landing craft arriving at the host's orbiter when somebody joins a squad or is invited to Orbiter. Just something little that makes it more visible.

5. I often end up discussing this with other players, but could Shadow Stalker's drops become tradable? A lot of players lament how improbable it is to get a War bp, Broken War bp, a Hate bp or a Smoking Body Ephemera bp, especially with how RNG Stalker encounters are on top of that.

Is there any possibility of the rank 30 True Master emote being made into an optional revive animation? it and the revive animation are both similar in length and overall animation. I personally kind of think it would be neat if could be used as a revive animation since we knock down nearby enemies when we revive after bleeding out

Also, will older Operator cosmetics released prior to the cosmetics rework ever receive a second pass to correct minor mistakes in in positioning/animation? Since the cosmetics rework for operators the commodore prime apparel in particular has hung lower on the operator's torso, the chain is also attached below what clearly looks like it's original anchor point between the operators shoulder blades and worst of all the original animation/movement physics of the belt are gone/broken it now badly clips through the operator's leg when they move about where it originally would move along with the leg.

pTdBa9I.pngfulODHS.png

The image on the left shows what i mean by the chain connecting to the operator's torso lower then it was probably intended to. Compare the image on the right with the picture showcasing the operator outfit in the main post of this thread and you'll see that the belt is sitting lower on the torso then it originally did. The image in the main post is the same one that was used when Zephyr Prime was first released and available via Prime Access before the major changes in the operator cosmetics.

If you want to see it clipping through the leg simply walk around your orbiter or use your operator during a mission and you'll see that the hoop does not move at all like it did when the cosmetic was first released. Simply put, unless the operator is standing up straight, it will clip through the left leg.

You know what I'd love to see on the next stream? A developer play as a client on 3 consecutive, random Railjack Void missions. I want to see them play through without any game-breaking bugs and showcase how well the waypoint system works. That'd be worth clicking the ad spam amazon Prime link.

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We’ll also be going over community questions - post them in this thread! We’re locking things Monday at 10:00 ET!

It's been over 2 months since 29.10 released. DE, you need to address problems sooner.

Either put things up on the test server first and then act on the feedback, or don't release things as obviously unready.

If Railjack really needs Ash and Oberon in its reward tables, then they should be in the Earth and Venus Proxima regions.

Players who are in a position to comfortably farm the higher level Railjack missions (e.g. Veil Proxima, Pluto Proxima) don't need Ash or Oberon. They most likely already have these Warframes or have better alternatives. Players who WOULD benefit from having Oberon or Ash aren't in a position to farm high level Railjack. It's just frustrating to everyone as they're getting non-evergreen rewards that aren't really useful for them. A new player doesn't need parts for an MR 10 pistol. An experienced player doesn't need these beginner Warframes.

Having Oberon and Ash as low level Railjack rewards would give new players a more meaningful tangible reward early on. It would also give them a reason to engage with Railjack earlier, and let them farm content that they can comfortably and viably complete with their starting Railjack and low MR gear.

Oberon used to be the most accessible healing/support Warframe. Easy to get, easy to mod, easy to play. By the time a player has finished with their basic star chart, they would have gone on enough 20+ minute farming runs for various resources that they would likely have all the Oberon parts they need. Oberon is an important part of any new player's arsenal, along with Rhino. With him being locked behind the Veil Proxima and other high level Railjack missions, a new player won't be getting Oberon from progressing through the game when they would benefit from him.

By the time a new player will be in a position to farm the Veil Proxima, they will already have needed to complete so much other content to get the gear needed for the enemies there, that they would be better off farming the Ambulas boss on Pluto for Trinity or the Granum Void fissures for Protea.

And it's a similar story with Ash, a.k.a. "bulkier stabby Loki". Invisibility is a really powerful tool for a new player to have early on. Ash's invisibility is among the weaker versions out there, but it's still entirely serviceable. His kit is also relatively straightforward to use and duration-mods aside, he doesn't want or need any fancy gear to do his thing. From a modding and gameplay point of view, he's a good frame for a player who is starting to dip their toe into post-Star Chart content.

Having these Warframes early on (especially with how diluted the drop tables for bonus objectives are) would mean that new players engage with the low level Railjack planets for long enough that they will actually have some basic gear and intrinsics farmed up to move on to mid- and high-level Railljack missions.

Also, Railjack Defense sucks ass for even a mere 5 waves, much less the 20 it takes to get to Rotation C.

No non-evergreen reward should be put behind that grind, and what evergreen rewards DO get put in there need to match the amount of time and effort that's required to grind that long.

The same is true of the Orphix gamemode.

The drop table is so heavily diluted with nonsense that it isn't worth doing, not when Eidolons can be done so quickly at this point (better amp configurations, easy limb DPS from Voidrig, years of practice...)

Overwhelmingly, NPC crew are incapable of meaningfully fulfilling any role aboard the Railjack

Putting them into gunnery crew slots means you loose out on all the affinity the kills would award. Which is idiotic, since there is no difference between a player receiving assist affinity from a teammate for something they didn't do and receiving assist affinity from an NPC for something they didn't do.

They are incapable of dealing with crewships. Even with the upcoming changes that make them not maneuver when you enter the forward artillery, that's still them just not being an active hindrance. Crew are supposed to HELP.

They are incapable of dealing with outside PoI targets, such as exposed arrays on Grineer asteroid bases. Which means that if I am doing the Grineer missions solo, I have to..

park the Railjack 5km away so it doesn't get blown up, fly to the base, go in, run to the 1st objective, teleport back out (it's faster and more reliable than running back), do the 1st outside objective, go back in, run to the 2nd objective, teleport back out, do the 2nd outside objective, go back in, do the 3rd objective and then teleport back again.

Kuva Liches are inferior to normal crew in practically every way imaginable

Their damage output is seriously lacking since we can't mod their weapons and their utility is largely inconsequential compared to the damage loss.

Gunnery 10 is god awful.

As many console / gamepad Tenno have said: aiming in Railjack without mouse + keyboard is terrible. I imagine this was meant as a band-aid fix for RJ, rather than implementing sensible aim-assist like every console FPS has for the past 20 years.

Aim-assist should be an accessibility feature that's just in the options menu, and shouldn't require someone to spend dozens or hundreds of hours grinding just to get it.

The affinity change to have the Plexus leech away affinity is a tremendous mistake.

The Plexus should work like the intrinsics system, and not interfere with things like leveling gear. Leveling gear is caustic enough as it is, forcing people to use leveling nodes like Selene or Hydron or leech in game modes like Sanctuary Onslaught.

No meaningful changes have been made to useless Warframe abilities following the introduction of the Helminth system

Helminth has become exactly what every critic was afraid of what it would be prior to launch: an excuse to not address design problems with those Warframes, putting another bandaid system into the game to monetize rather than making the core gameplay experience better.

We're only now getting changes that people have been asking for for the better part of the game's existence. This should highlight to you that the feedback that players keep giving you isn't misplaced and shouldn't be ignored for this long. Don't make us wait another 5 years for the problems of 29.10 and 30 to be addressed.

The past few patches have added some significant changes, most of them looking at issues with Warframe's progression.

That is good.

What's not good is that it took this long and that years upon years of feedback that these things were problems didn't achieve anything meaningful.

Its been six years since the origination of Tennogen on Steam. Is there any plans on ever bringing the system in any form to standalone? At least not in a hidden view?

--------------------------------------------------------

Relic UI - The status of Relics whether they're vaulted or not is already exposed to the screens they're used in. When will we get an icon overlay for vaulted relics and do away with the current cumbersome mouseover+tab each individual relic to see which is vaulted or not? The new friends and clan screens are a PERFECT example of how to UI, exposing ALL information/data without unnecessary hovers/tabs/etc... How long is it going to take to make this change? This was presented as a question back before Covid was even a thing, so its been a while.

Archived