Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dodge Roll option request

Landar486

In most other 3rd person action games, the game has a dodge roll function.  In warframe, I didn't know this existed until I accidentally hit my push to talk key for discord recently.  Which got me thinking, why isn't there an option to enable/disable double tapping the direction you move to dodge roll, like most other 3rd person action games have?  Could this be a thing implemented? 

i blame the default Controls. a hybrid Sprint/Roll rather than having Sprint, and Roll. if you change from Defaults and separate those then you have much tighter control over how and when you Roll. :)

but you could do that too, i guess. as long as i don't have to use it since double tapping movement is ugh.

3 minutes ago, Landar486 said:

Which got me thinking, why isn't there an option to enable/disable double tapping the direction you move to dodge roll, like most other 3rd person action games have?

Doesn’t the roll tend to make a difference in those games? It has always seemed pretty much pointless in WF.

If it’s an option then there is no problem. Some people might want it.

I'm never opposed to additional options, but double tapping anything (like the Sprint/Roll key does) is something I'd never use.

Try using the seperate Sprint and Roll keys first and see how well you can play the game with those.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Doesn’t the roll tend to make a difference in those games? It has always seemed pretty much pointless in WF.

Try chaining a bullet jump directly into a roll, you should move much quicker than with just bullet jumps on their own.

7 minutes ago, krc473 said:

When I run around melting everything, I thought the same. When I’m modding myself for a good fight wherever I go, I’ve found the roll to be invaluable if I’m suddenly surrounded or nearly dead. I don’t spam it, I use it to just quickly reposition myself to a better spot (I think it gives damage reduction as well?).

That said, it is a little jarring how far I travel. Most of the animation is spent rolling into a wall or something when I just needed to quickly get to cover 😋

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I think it gives damage reduction as well?

75% damage reduction, and you resist knockdowns. You can roll into those Eximus firewalls or laser barred doors no problem.

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

it is a little jarring how far I travel. Most of the animation is spent rolling into a wall or something

Amalgam Barrel Diffusion makes your roll shorter!

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

75% damage reduction, and you resist knockdowns. You can roll into those Eximus firewalls or laser barred doors no problem.

Amalgam Barrel Diffusion makes your roll shorter!

Ooh. I'll have to work towards that one and see how it feels, thanks for the tip 👍

2 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:
27 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Or use Kuva tonkor in CQC situations.

41 minutes ago, Landar486 said:

Which got me thinking, why isn't there an option to enable/disable double tapping the direction you move to dodge roll, like most other 3rd person action games have?  Could this be a thing implemented? 

I bet you could implement this with Autohotkey. I'm not sure about legality of those stuffs. It should be "legal" but don't cite me.

10 hours ago, 16Bitman said:

Try chaining a bullet jump directly into a roll, you should move much quicker than with just bullet jumps on their own.

I already have a tap to forward roll bind. So I figured the OP’s suggestion was excluding forwards. But yes, doing that does work better than not rolling.

11 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

When I run around melting everything, I thought the same. When I’m modding myself for a good fight wherever I go, I’ve found the roll to be invaluable if I’m suddenly surrounded or nearly dead. I don’t spam it, I use it to just quickly reposition myself to a better spot (I think it gives damage reduction as well?).

It may give evasion and not DR, I am not sure though. Maybe I don’t stick around in missions long enough to notice the benefit. I tend to find it more effective to just take the damage and keep in firing/swinging. 

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

But yes, doing that does work better than not rolling.

Isn't it little exhausting for your fingers/hands? I've played a game with double tap named Gunz. As fair I remember it works better but after some time I feel exhausted. In WF I don't roll that much (I think) but I feel arrows/wsad + shift (capslock for turning on/off sprinting) feels better.

ps. of course it depends how much you roll

Archived