Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An enhanced trading experience

TheNerdyShirt

I assume most of you are familiar with trading. Most of us initially started out in trade chat, our eyes screaming in agony. 

The huge walls and nonstop trade offers being hurled at you. How many of you have waited a large period of time even finding what you were looking for? How much of your time, wasted, in trade chat only to view offers you don't care for? For some, I'd imagine hours. 

Does anyone else feel this system is underdeveloped? Forgotten about? I sure do. 

I feel the developers pride themselves on being free-to-play. Being one of the few developers that does it right. 

Warframe is one of the few F2P MMOs that respects the player's wallets. However, it doesn't respect the player's time.

I propose we add a "Trading Board" to completely rethink how we trade.

This system could be more passive, lending us more time to play, and less time spent sitting in our orbiters.

Automated transactions could happen during missions! No more "oh I'm in a arbi give me a minute"

Trades could even happen while offline! 

Instead of filters in trade chat, there could be a search bar for existing listings! 

And so many more UX improvements! 

yes I know Warframe.market exists. I'm advocating we implement a system in-game rather than a website. 

Thank you for reading 🙏🙏

38 minutes ago, trst said:

Ah yet another AH suggestion. No, just no,

Also it doesn't take hours to find offers you want if you bother to use the filters.

Yeah we can use filters, but wouldn't it be better to just have a search bar instead? 

It'd be quicker to find an existing offer than having to wait. 

Another notion I'd like to throw out is maybe an auction house exclusively for rivens.

The argument of "having an auction house will deflate the value" makes sense. Less demand due to more players willing to use the system. Leading it to being more common. Less demand = less value. Fine. 

But what about rivens? They're infamously expensive, and the whole point for them was to increase the usage of underused weapons. If the price were to go down, more players would be willing to buy rivens they wouldn't have otherwise.

If any form of automation is added in the trade system it will wreck the Warframe economy. Prices will be so inflated or deflated it's hard for the new players to grind platinum. If that happens, farming plat is impossible and it will mark the game as "pay to win".

I support this.  What others see as "wrecking" or "ruining" I see, simply, as "change."  It will change things, that change might be scary and/or unstable for a time, yet, as it always does, it'll stabilize and people will adapt and thrive.  Maybe this will see different people thriving than there are now, yet there will be people thriving.

If this weren't a thing that people wanted there wouldn't be a whole website, one that's evolved significantly over the years due to popular demand and significant use mind you, that is essentially dedicated exactly to this sort of thing with its own riven and lich market and its own search bar and various filters.

The only difference between it and having one in game is that it's yet another outside of game resource that the game, frankly, relies upon.  I'd have never found some of the things I've bought over the years just using trade chat.  The website is so convenient yet still has the downfall of players having to both be online and not busy to sell things, at least you can easily search through listings.  In this way you get their in game name, can message them about the item, and if they've been diligent with their listing you can buy it, or, if no one's selling what you want you can even submit a buy order, whichever!  Good stuff all around.

Having some sort of "auction house" type thing would change things, sure, yet as so many utilize the aforementioned website to find each other more easily for buying and selling I really have a feeling it wouldn't be as large of a change as some are afraid of.

So, yeah.  It's already a thing, it'd just be a better thing if it weren't an outside of game thing, yet the dev team really does seem to enjoy relying on outside of game utilities for things, even things like providing some of the most basic and need-to-know information, so I can understand why it's not implemented, yet that doesn't mean it isn't worth supporting and, in such, for what it's worth, I add my voice to OP's in saying that I'd like a market board/auction house type of thing.

2 hours ago, TheNerdyShirt said:

Another notion I'd like to throw out is maybe an auction house exclusively for rivens.

The argument of "having an auction house will deflate the value" makes sense. Less demand due to more players willing to use the system. Leading it to being more common. Less demand = less value. Fine. 

But what about rivens? They're infamously expensive, and the whole point for them was to increase the usage of underused weapons. If the price were to go down, more players would be willing to buy rivens they wouldn't have otherwise.

Silly suggestion that won't work, riven whales will simply snipe all the good deals with bots.

2 часа назад, TheNerdyShirt сказал:

They're infamously expensive, and the whole point for them was to increase the usage of underused weapons.

well rivens for underusge (non-meta) weapons actually super cheap. if you are not trying to buy ms cc cd -zoom riven ofc

I support all requests for an Auction House.

The existence of Warframe.market shows that its a service that is actually in demand by players.

DE has to accept that the existing trade chat is a major hindrance and an annoyance , or maybe they are already aware and dont want things to get more convenient and dont realize how they can actually monetize it.

I have in the past suggested a sort of regulated approach to safeguard their interest and make it convenient.

1) Sell trade/Auction house slots for plat,

2) Have a minimum plat value (5 p or so, and you can only trade in plat),

3) Put a sales tax between 5 to 15% to act as regulated plat sink,

4) Lock the items put up for auction for 24 hours- you cannot take it down until 24 hours ends.

4) Allow regular trading to exist as is.

In game trading market. Yes please.

Don't listen to vets that like to spend their days sitting in a dojo waiting for people to connect so they can make 2 plat of a mod. The current trading system is so bad I could cry. Likely one of the worst things in Warframe.

The only time I do it is if I can watch a movie and have WF active at the same time. Sit in dojo while I wait for the next anti social goofball with 800 ping. What a sad fukking waste of time. I despise trading in this game. Even with WF Market. That's not a solution either, that's a band aid. A poor one.

After some thoughts I came to the conclusion that an auction house wouldn't be as dreadful to the economy, because there is a daily trade limit. Thus, AH wouldn't be flooded with countless "Streamline - 1p" offers from one player.
Let's say a listing would consume 2 (or even 3?) daily trades, then the number of possible listings is drastically limited and as a result AH is not flooded with junk, since those few slots are better used for something more valuable.

23 minutes ago, ShortCat said:

After some thoughts I came to the conclusion that an auction house wouldn't be as dreadful to the economy, because there is a daily trade limit. Thus, AH wouldn't be flooded with countless "Streamline - 1p" offers from one player.
Let's say a listing would consume 2 (or even 3?) daily trades, then the number of possible listings is drastically limited and as a result AH is not flooded with junk, since those few slots are better used for something more valuable.

It wouldn't be bad even if the daily trade limit is removed either. It's about supply and demand. You can stack up 1K streamline mods for 1 plat, but it's likely no one will buy them. So players will stop posting stuff that doesn't get sold. And even if they don't it'll just sit there.

I think with an ingame trading market prices of items will drop a bit, but stabalize depending on the amount requested and the amount that is offered. It will also mean that there will more offered than currently is offered and therefore traders will make less platinum than before. Well at least you wont have to waste hours of your time waiting for someone to connect.

You can set up the trading hub in Relays so you can only manage your trades from there and allow players to manually trade there as well for less restrictions than through the market. The Relays would become very busy because everyone logs in to look after their trades there. Now if DE can add some more things to actually do in terms of interaction in these relays then you'd have a bustling community there.

1 minute ago, RazerXPrime said:

It also brings up the question of DE's role in the market and how much control they should be flexing.

Traditionally in real world markets; stuff happens and the market responds. It's not the other way around.

As it stands, if prices change that is 100% on the players because DE doesn't set the prices. If scarcity or demand changes, players still have to go get the items and they personally decide the prices. The market may change, scarcity may change, what players want may change, but prices have always been outside of DE's hands and players like that there are no mandatory standard plat trade prices.

3 minutes ago, sir_deadlock said:

It also brings up the question of DE's role in the market and how much control they should be flexing.

Traditionally in real world markets; stuff happens and the market responds. It's not the other way around.

As it stands, if prices change that is 100% on the players because DE doesn't set the prices. If scarcity or demand changes, players still have to go get the items and they personally decide the prices. The market may change, scarcity may change, what players want may change, but prices have always been outside of DE's hands and players like that there are no mandatory standard plat trade prices.

An in game market will also be good because it prevents individual players from ripping people off by for instance selling Ignis Wraith BP for 50 plat.

Real world markets are definitely influenced though. It's not simply "the market" that leads the charge.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Xarsis01:

If it ain't broke don't fix it! Sure it sucks waiting but the system is fine as it is.

Is that why every game that only has a trade chat spontaneously develops an external trading website? Because trade chats are fine as they are?

Wait so this whole idea that making an auction house increases supply and lowers demand is going to break the game's economy? The way I see it, more people will flock to the market sure, but it enable even more to partake in a system that is currently borderline inaccessible to new players. Supply and demand will increase at the same, only leading to a boost in the game's economy. More platinum sales for DE too as increased platinum trading demands more platinum to be generated. Idk, it seems like a win-win to me. The problem with keeping the elite well-fed and everyone else in the dust is that the economy tanks, and a majority of players will never be able to sell or buy their rivens, frames, mods and whatnot. I personally support the idea of an enhanced trading experience, and more so a better in-game community.

Archived