So, I have reach rank 5 in New Loka. Can I lose the rank by playing with opposing syndicate?

ThompFox15

Question

14 answers to this question

2 hours ago, ThompFox15 said:

Yeah, I currently use Loki with Red Veil Lesion Sigil and I manage to decrease meridian minus standing, but My new loka standing is decrease so I probably use New Loka until it's maxed out

Actually, if you only wear Red Veil's sigils and never wear Steel Meridian's sigils, then neither New Loka nor Perrin Sequence will decrease.  So for your goals, it is always safe to wear Red Veil.  However, when you want to raise the New Loka + Perrin Sequence side, make sure you only wear New Loka (-50% to Steel Meridian), as Perrin Sequence (-100% to Steel Meridian) hurts too much.  So to put the optimized strategy plainly:

1. When in doubt, wear Red Veil.  Ideally when neither Red Veil nor Steel Meridian is maxed.
2. When you wish to raise New Loka + Perrin Sequence, first make sure the Steel Meridian rep has a healthy buffer then only wear New Loka.  Again, ideally when neither New Loka nor Perrin Sequence is maxed.

Wait just a bit longer before you start siding with another syndicate, there will be a whole bunch of new emotes up for purchase soon (which you can trade) and an armor set for each syndicate which you won't be able to trade.

Unless you plan on returning to Loka once you're done with the others, wait a bit longer.

Yes

and losing standing is useful.

Say you're rank5 and want to buy Relic Packs, well you can only buy 6 of them with the 13200 standing points available.

But if you help out Steel Meridian and Loka drops to rank4, well suddenly you have unlocked 99000 more standing points to spend.

Dropping rank is faster than earning more standing points for binge spending. Sometimes you want to do this when you need stuff fast. For example when Gara Prime comes out and you want lots and lots of Relic Packs asap.

just remember to build your ranks back up later on.

Slight correction to the above answers: you won't need to pay the rank-up fees you've already paid.

You started with New Loca at rank 0. But as you are ranking up other syndicates, your New Loka ranking will most likely fall all the way to -2. So when you're ranking them back up later, you'll need to give offerings to go from -2 to -1 (potato + some credits) and from -1 to 0. (forma + some credits).

RV/Steel meridian are the 3rd wheel in syndicate factions.   You only get to work on one of them without causing harm to yourself.   Therefor I wouldnt work on them til last.

Loka/Perrin You can work on to about 75% and then flip and work on the other and have them both max out at 100% at about the same time.  Same for Suda/Hex.   In terms of gaining standing and buying stuff, thats the fastest method.   Having a 3rd wheel is great for when new relics drop tho.   

In the end syndicates are mainly used for buying relic packs and scoring new relics before you ever set foot in a mission on new relic days. 

-----------------

If you ever wanna go after the sculptures/syandana of the other syndicates, its a nightmare...lol.   I got all 6 sculptures but it took awhile to fix lol.  

56 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Slight correction to the above answers: you won't need to pay the rank-up fees you've already paid.

You started with New Loca at rank 0. But as you are ranking up other syndicates, your New Loka ranking will most likely fall all the way to -2. So when you're ranking them back up later, you'll need to give offerings to go from -2 to -1 (potato + some credits) and from -1 to 0. (forma + some credits).

Oh Ok thx!

1 hour ago, MqToasty said:

Yes.  So if you want to raise Loka + Perrin and Veil + Meridian, only wear Red Veil's sigil and use the Allied +50% to bring Steel Meridian up.

Yeah, I currently use Loki with Red Veil Lesion Sigil and I manage to decrease meridian minus standing, but My new loka standing is decrease so I probably use New Loka until it's maxed out

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Yes, you can lose ranks. If you do you'll need to fill the standing requirements of Rank 5 and choose Rank up again and you'll be back at Rank 5. You don't need to pay the Rank up fee anymore though. You only need the standing.

So, if I fall to rank 4 and dont need to pay again? cool thank you!

47 minutes ago, ThompFox15 said:

So, if I fall to rank 4 and dont need to pay again? cool thank you!

Yep. Any upgrade payment you have made is one time only. So you don't need to pay again.

What BalticBarbarian said is true for when you go to -1 / -2 with a syndicate. But those payments are also one time only.

Archived