Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Question about objective spawning in Veil Proxima Grineer missions

MqToasty

Question

So I've been running Veil Proxima's Flexa node quite a bit recently, and noticed a strange pattern.  In the weeks leading up to the latest (Gara Prime) update, I kept seeing the optional Abandoned Derelict objective, but never the required Grineer Galleon objective in this node.  Now after the update, I keep seeing the required Grineer Galleon objective, but never the optional Abandoned Derelict objective anymore (I flew around, but the white marker was nowhere to be found).  Of course, there is always another required Ship Killer, Missile Platform, Pulse Turbine or Shipyard objective.  I know that the Abandoned Derelict objective will never spawn in the red blinking node (indicating a Sentient Anomaly), but I'm not talking about those nodes.  I only run Flexa when it is not blinking, yet have noticed the pattern before and after the update.

So my question is, are the Abandoned Derelict and Grineer Galleon objectives either-or and just RNGesus messing with me?  Or can both spawn in the same mission?  If they can spawn in the same mission, is Flexa the right one to farm?  Or is there another, better option?  As I still need drops from both, it would be nice to find a node that can spawn both at the same time.

6 answers to this question

2 hours ago, MqToasty said:

So my question is, are the Abandoned Derelict and Grineer Galleon objectives either-or and just RNGesus messing with me?

For the Galleon, are you looking for Galleon captains to farm 60/60 archwing mods?  I was doing likewise but found that, while before the Sevagoth/RJ update Flexa would ALWAYS spawn a Galleon, after that update, Flexa would NEVER spawn a Galleon.  The only place I could find Galleons was on Korms Belt, Earth Proxima since the Sevagoth update (this agrees with what is now on the Wiki).  I haven't played RJ since the Gara update a few days ago but I assume it is still the same.

14 hours ago, (PSN)Dr_Bruiser said:

For the Galleon, are you looking for Galleon captains to farm 60/60 archwing mods?  I was doing likewise but found that, while before the Sevagoth/RJ update Flexa would ALWAYS spawn a Galleon, after that update, Flexa would NEVER spawn a Galleon.  The only place I could find Galleons was on Korms Belt, Earth Proxima since the Sevagoth update (this agrees with what is now on the Wiki).  I haven't played RJ since the Gara update a few days ago but I assume it is still the same.

Yes, I am hunting the Galleon captains, but I'm after their Quellor and Pennant BP drops instead of the 60/60 mods.  When I played a few rounds of Flexa yesterday, it seems like it has been changed again, back to the way you described before the Sevagoth update.  But were you ever able to encounter an Abandoned Derelict with the Galleon in Flexa?  Or is it always just the Galleon?  Thanks for the info!

Not an expert but Veil Prox used to have alot more grineer nodes remember?  I dont think Derelicts evershowed up in lower easy part of the veil.   Only when you started doing Cloud levels...  (I think I didnt hunt derelicts a whole lot BEFORE the update).  Flexa was indeed the home of the galleon BEFORE.    Havent paid that much attention to grineer side since the update...   

But now there is only like 4-5 grineer side nodes.... so they probably fiddled with it...  

I got my 3rd piece of a Spectra Vandal from grineer side while doing storms for Sevagoth....  then I baught the 4th piece of Spectra...    So I had no reason to run grineer side for Derelicts or Commanders..

-------------

I might swing by and do a few runs of Flexa and report back.... but cant promise it.  

2 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Not an expert but Veil Prox used to have alot more grineer nodes remember?  I dont think Derelicts evershowed up in lower easy part of the veil.   Only when you started doing Cloud levels...  (I think I didnt hunt derelicts a whole lot BEFORE the update).  Flexa was indeed the home of the galleon BEFORE.    Havent paid that much attention to grineer side since the update...   

But now there is only like 4-5 grineer side nodes.... so they probably fiddled with it...  

I got my 3rd piece of a Spectra Vandal from grineer side while doing storms for Sevagoth....  then I baught the 4th piece of Spectra...    So I had no reason to run grineer side for Derelicts or Commanders..

-------------

I might swing by and do a few runs of Flexa and report back.... but cant promise it.  

Thanks!  I did a several more missions, and it seems pretty consistent (for me so far) after the Gara Prime update that Flexa is only spawning the Galleon without the Abandoned Derelict.  The other missions (NSU Grid, R-9 Cloud, H-2 Cloud) all spawn two non-Galleon objectives and sometimes the Abandoned Derelict.  Oh, I have a ton of Spectra parts.  It's the Neo V9 Relics that aren't dropping.  Probably just RNGesus messing with me, but I haven't seen the Neo V9 in several weeks now so I am starting to get suspicious...

On 2021-05-29 at 5:39 AM, MqToasty said:

But were you ever able to encounter an Abandoned Derelict with the Galleon in Flexa?  Or is it always just the Galleon?  Thanks for the info!

This I don't remember.  I was only interested in hunting Galleon captains, so if I didn't get one, I would abort and retry without any thought towards the other objectives.  I only tried a few times before I checked the wiki and saw that only Korms Belt was showing as a possible location for the Pyr Captain that I needed and once I switched to that, found I was getting Galleon's about half the time.  I luckily picked up the last mod I needed and haven't been back since, so don't have any other intel for you.  Best of luck!

Edit to add:  Out of curiosity, I checked the wiki for Quellor and Pennant and noticed a couple of things: 1. A couple people on the Quellor page commented to note that Flexa hadn't been spawning Galleons for them (though it is still listed in the acquisition section).  2.  On the Pennant page, Flexa is no longer listed as a location where Galleons will spawn.

Sorry for late response.  I ran Flexa twice.. no galleon,  x2 bonus loot dungeons..   Its to intensive to do solo so I stopped researching lol.  

*cry* Man they are making AI pilots line up shots on weak points but not Radiators in grineer side???   Grineer side really sucks balls compared to corpus side now.   

Archived