Astilla prime

(PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK

The astilla seems a little under powered, i really think it could be great with a minor buff to either splash range or base multi, i have tryed and tested multiple builds and its best is not at all comparable to the newer shotguns in the game. That said i love the way it works and i think it is beautiful, it would be a realshame for it to go unused 

23 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

Primes have been sidegrades since Atlas, except for the Karyst.

Wholly disagree. Baza Prime is a direct upgrade, Corinth Prime is leaps and bounds beyond the base (if a bit clunkier to use at first), Pangolin Prime is miles beyond the base (MR1 to MR 15 is a bit of a jump afterall), and the Zakti Prime is probably my favorite pistol right now, due to the sheer spam-able nature of it.

However, I think the problem is that primary weapons, shotguns especially, are in a really rough state, and the devs haven't really figured out a way to properly address the issue. I mean, one possible option is just to literally add a 0 at the end of every primary's total damage. It really is strange that "primary" weapons are really an afterthought.

15 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

I live in denial

I agree.
hrB2mCk.png
Massive base damage, crit chance, and crit damage increase, along with a fairly substantial status chance increase

C5wXvRC.png
Massive status chance increase, along with noticeable increase to attack speed, and base damage

2MWXU52.png
Massive increase to status chance, with noticeable increase to base damage and magazine size. Increase to crital chance and critical damage allows it to have crit build potential.

jL9ycwp.png
Massive increase to status chance, high increase to base damage

bNFzyfb.png
Minor all around buffs. Each individual one isn't huge, but they add up to form a noticeable difference. Alt-Fire is the only thing that can be potentially considered a sidegrade.

It's cool you wasted all the time copy pasta-ing mediocre "upgrade" weapons with superior counterparts, but since you're posting stats from the wiki, why don't you go ahead and post the other weapons in the same categories that are actually worth paying prime access for because these aren't it. None of them.

Your myopic assumption that I was speaking about crappy versions of crappy to begin with weapons is mistaken. Cardboard box prime is still a cardboard box, and your buyer's remorse is completely immaterial to my point and and any context thereof.

4 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

It's cool you wasted all the time copy pasta-ing mediocre "upgrade" weapons with superior counterparts, but since your posting stats from the wiki, why don't you go ahead and post the other weapons in the same categories that are actually worth paying prime access for because these aren't it. None of them.

Pangolin Prime is the best overall single sword, though Skana Prime gives a decent run. Having the second highest base damage of all single swords is pretty nice.

Guandao Prime is the second best polearm, losing to Orthos Prime, but Guandao definitely has the style advantage imo. Lesion also gives both quite a run for their money.

Tenora Prime is close to top in auto rifles, beaten by notably by Trumna and Supra Vandal, but neither are primes so I can't pay PA for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zakti Prime falls a bit behind other launchers, but no prime secondary launchers exist, so I can't buy from PA unfortunately. I do look forward to Akarius Prime if I'm still playing when Gauss Prime comes along though.

Pandero Prime outclasses Vasto Prime and Lato Prime, which are its only prime competitors.

31 minutes ago, -Kittens- said:

your buyer's remorse is completely immaterial to my point and and any context thereof.

Fun fact: I've never bothered to buy a PA. It's nice to be immune to buyer's remorse.

10 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Pangolin Prime is the best overall single sword, though Skana Prime gives a decent run. Having the second highest base damage of all single swords is pretty nice.

Guandao Prime is the second best polearm, losing to Orthos Prime, but Guandao definitely has the style advantage imo. Lesion also gives both quite a run for their money.

Tenora Prime is close to top in auto rifles, beaten by notably by Trumna and Supra Vandal, but neither are primes so I can't pay PA for it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Zakti Prime falls a bit behind other launchers, but no prime secondary launchers exist, so I can't buy from PA unfortunately. I do look forward to Akarius Prime if I'm still playing when Gauss Prime comes along though.

Pandero Prime outclasses Vasto Prime and Lato Prime, which are its only prime competitors.

Fun fact: I've never bothered to buy a PA. It's nice to be immune to buyer's remorse.

U think orthos is better than dao? Or is it because of the riv dispo? I find the dao procs alot more slash than the orthos

12 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Not really. Pangolin Prime and Guandao Prime were massive upgrades, with Zakti Prime, Tenora Prime and Pandero Prime gaining fairly substantial stat buffs in some area or overall.

I agree that they did get buffs but the problem with the shotgun and most primary buffs is that they are not adiqate in scale in order to compete with the newer wepons in the game, sure there are a couple of primes that do compete but they are few and this leaves me disappointed most of the time

11 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

I agree.
hrB2mCk.png
Massive base damage, crit chance, and crit damage increase, along with a fairly substantial status chance increase

C5wXvRC.png
Massive status chance increase, along with noticeable increase to attack speed, and base damage

2MWXU52.png
Massive increase to status chance, with noticeable increase to base damage and magazine size. Increase to crital chance and critical damage allows it to have crit build potential.

jL9ycwp.png
Massive increase to status chance, high increase to base damage

bNFzyfb.png
Minor all around buffs. Each individual one isn't huge, but they add up to form a noticeable difference. Alt-Fire is the only thing that can be potentially considered a sidegrade.

Not many shotguns or primary wepons on your list tho, do you agree shotguns and primary primes in general need more love?

17 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

mediocre "upgrade" weapons with superior counterparts

The stronger the base weapon is, the less improvements the Prime gets. Some are subtle changes that makes quite a difference compared to their original counterparts:

• Baza Prime has higher sustainability (Higher clip size and reload speed, increasing the overall time shooting over reloading) along with better falloff.
  • Corinth Prime has higher sustainability, sacrificing the reload-per-shell for 4 times the normal clip size. The Alt-Fire's damage is the most noticeable buff to it.
  • Zakti Prime has 8 shots over 3 shots of the original. A slightly worse reload (1.0 < 0.8 sec), but like the Baza Prime, it doesn't need to reload that frequently.
  • Tenora Prime's higher clip size offers better sustainability, along with higher overall stats than the Tenora. It's little strange that the Alt-Fire is slower though.
  • Pandero Prime's higher damage and status chance.

The only particular outliers are: Karyst Prime, Guandao Prime, and Panthera Prime. The latter is still plagued by issues the Panthera had for nearly 4 years already. The former two are direct upgrades over their original counterparts, while being Melee weapons.

17 hours ago, -Kittens- said:

why don't you go ahead and post the other weapons in the same categories that are actually worth paying prime access for because these aren't it. None of them.

What, Acceltra Prime? Kuva Nukor Prime? Kuva Bramma Prime? Kronen Prime Prime?

It shouldn't be surprising how power creep like this has overshadowed a lot of the interesting things in the game: exploration.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK said:

Not many shotguns or primary wepons on your list tho, do you agree shotguns and primary primes in general need more love?

The strange thing is, apart from the Status changes to Shotguns in March 2020, Primaries and Secondaries stayed largely the same even since that large weapon rebalance in February 2018. Overall, they do need to be updated, but not on the scale of popular AoE weapons (Kuva Bramma, Kuva Nukor, etc.). Ranged weapons have more character than Melee weapons, but they need variety to keep themselves from being identical.

Astilla Prime is laughably bad it only has +20 more dmg over the normal astilla.

if it had probably closer to 60-100 more dmg it would be a different story. 

honestly if i ever paid for a prime access and got weak frames/weapons i'd be pissed off about this waste of money.

thankfully i farm with my clan mates so we all suffer together lol.

22 hours ago, Duality52 said:

The stronger the base weapon is, the less improvements the Prime gets. Some are subtle changes that makes quite a difference compared to their original counterparts:

• Baza Prime has higher sustainability (Higher clip size and reload speed, increasing the overall time shooting over reloading) along with better falloff.
  • Corinth Prime has higher sustainability, sacrificing the reload-per-shell for 4 times the normal clip size. The Alt-Fire's damage is the most noticeable buff to it.
  • Zakti Prime has 8 shots over 3 shots of the original. A slightly worse reload (1.0 < 0.8 sec), but like the Baza Prime, it doesn't need to reload that frequently.
  • Tenora Prime's higher clip size offers better sustainability, along with higher overall stats than the Tenora. It's little strange that the Alt-Fire is slower though.
  • Pandero Prime's higher damage and status chance.

The only particular outliers are: Karyst Prime, Guandao Prime, and Panthera Prime. The latter is still plagued by issues the Panthera had for nearly 4 years already. The former two are direct upgrades over their original counterparts, while being Melee weapons.

What, Acceltra Prime? Kuva Nukor Prime? Kuva Bramma Prime? Kronen Prime Prime?

It shouldn't be surprising how power creep like this has overshadowed a lot of the interesting things in the game: exploration.

The strange thing is, apart from the Status changes to Shotguns in March 2020, Primaries and Secondaries stayed largely the same even since that large weapon rebalance in February 2018. Overall, they do need to be updated, but not on the scale of popular AoE weapons (Kuva Bramma, Kuva Nukor, etc.). Ranged weapons have more character than Melee weapons, but they need variety to keep themselves from being identical.

Functionality is just as important if not more so than character, im kinda sick of using melle for everything high level, just want guns to be more capable of scaling like melle is

Am 28.5.2021 um 22:13 schrieb (PSN)Lord_Viper_AMK:

The astilla seems a little under powered, i really think it could be great with a minor buff to either splash range or base multi, i have tryed and tested multiple builds and its best is not at all comparable to the newer shotguns in the game. That said i love the way it works and i think it is beautiful, it would be a realshame for it to go unused 

As is almost always the case, the weapon is only for mastery points. just don't take it seriously and unlock it in a relaxed manner.

7 hours ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

Astilla Prime is laughably bad it only has +20 more dmg over the normal astilla.

The normal Astilla was already quite strong, especially since it essentially remains unaffected by the Shotgun Status changes back in March 2020. The greatest improvement is the Astilla Prime's sustainability (24 rounds > 16 rounds), or in other words the total time firing the weapon over reloading it.

8 hours ago, (PSN)SlyFox5679 said:

It's 50 between the projectile and the explosion.  Also crit, status, and magazine size contribute to dps.

Just plugging numbers into overframe, comparing same builds,

Average Shot / Sustained Damage

Unmodded Astilla: 219 / 616

Unmodded Prime: 285 / 909

Crit, Viral, Electric, Chilling Reload

Modded Astilla: 8452 / 40107

Modded Prime: 11921 / 65869

So nearly 50% better sustain unmodded, over 60% modded.  Which won't take into account better status for the prime. 

The differences will be lower for targets that aren't hit directly by the projectile, but still very substantial.

It seems like a great upgrade to me if you, a) already enjoyed the weapon; and b) aren't using a riven.  If you are using  a decent riven, well, you're going to be disappointed, there's no way around it.

Archived