Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Blunderbuss and Primed Surefooted

parttimeparty

I don't see how Primed Sure Footed is so intrinsic...

On tanky frames you can ignore knock-downs or just use Handspring because it's cheaper, on non-tanky frames you have to survive with the abilities anyway, which in the vast majority of cases means you're barely, if ever, knocked down.

If I'm playing in a way that gets me knocked down more than once in any given mission, then I blame that on me. I'm the one not using the anti-knock-down dodge-roll that also makes you have an additional 75% damage resistance, or I'm not being aware of enemies, or not applying CC, or just not killing things fast enough.

I genuinely don't think I've ever used Primed Sure Footed over something that actually gives me better stats for my choice of build.

On 2021-05-28 at 3:13 PM, parttimeparty said:

Come on DE. Please. Give the people what they deserve. 

Surefooted is way too long to wait for a mod that has become so intrinsic to the method of play you've built. 

Blunderbuss is just --- I'm speechless at this point.. Nothing more to say.

(also while you're at it, please overhaul almost the entire riven system, if you need any ideas, I went to college, hit me up)

Rivens don't need a complete overhaul. They could benefit from changes, for sure, but the system should intrinsically stay as a slot machine. There are ways for them to make riven QoL much better, you can take a look at the thread Voltage posted a bit ago about riven changes. It was actually very well thought out, has plenty of good changes without absolutely killing the riven system.

Primed Surefooted, it's only really necessary since the removal of self damage, and converting it to self stagger. If we still had self damage but capped to X% of your total health per hit, then it would've been fine, and PSF would not be absolutely essential these days. There aren't really any Exilus mods that compete in game changing power either, when put up against PSF, there are some useful for very niche situations but they're mostly obsolete, which is another reason why PSF is so damn good. 

Primed Blunderbuss, I mean... Yeah, I'd enjoy the mod, not gonna complain about us getting that, shotgun base crit mod is so absurdly low that we could really use the primed variant. That's not to say the recoil mod for them is going to be bad, it's about damn time we got the recoil mod for shotguns, but we could also benefit from Primed Blunderbuss.

Am 31.5.2021 um 13:55 schrieb bubbabenali:

Primed Sure Footed is literally the best mod for any warframe. 

Not being interrupted at any animation is worth more than gold in the game. 

That's factually incorrect. I listed a bunch of frames that don't need it. Some of them literally would waste a mod slot by using it. Atlas being the most obvious one.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Deeceem:

That's factually incorrect. I listed a bunch of frames that don't need it. Some of them literally would waste a mod slot by using it. Atlas being the most obvious one.

Only, if you plan to never jump with Atlas ever, maybe you'd be right about him. 

Am 29.5.2021 um 00:13 schrieb parttimeparty:

Surefooted is way too long to wait for a mod that has become so intrinsic to the method of play you've built. 

(also while you're at it, please overhaul almost the entire riven system, if you need any ideas, I went to college, hit me up)

Surefooted is a top mod and now it is extremely useful ............ DE could just sell it. otherwise there is too much epic fail in the game .......

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTPsQP923cRkrND-prVmpo

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

The fact its unobtainable for so long to new players. I dont think that's fair.

Especially for a mod that good.

And yes i "earned" mine the hard way.

You're a loyal player that consistently logs in and plays the game while helping DE's numbers.

Alternatively, DE is the master of waiting. From Mobile Defense, time gates, standing caps, Foundry, to Mission: Failed screens. Daily tribute is just part of the game... Warframe is mostly a game of waiting and grinding.

23 minutes ago, nslay said:

You're a loyal player that consistently logs in and plays the game while helping DE's numbers.

Alternatively, DE is the master of waiting. From Mobile Defense, time gates, standing caps, Foundry, to Mission: Failed screens. Daily tribute is just part of the game... Warframe is mostly a game of waiting and grinding.

400 days at earliest. Over a year of logging in every single day. 

The mod is good enough that i dont think its fair to lock it behind such a severe timegate.

Nothing else in the game is a fair comparison to the log in system.

Foundry items take a few days at most. (A frame). Nothing else takes that long. 

17 minutes ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

400 days at earliest. Over a year of logging in every single day. 

The mod is good enough that i dont think its fair to lock it behind such a severe timegate.

Nothing else in the game is a fair comparison to the log in system.

Foundry items take a few days at most. (A frame). Nothing else takes that long. 

Sure, but that's basically a main theme of Warframe: Waiting and gating.

This should not be any kind of theme for any kind of game! And the foundry is one of the lamest "mechanics" in this game.

On 2021-05-28 at 6:13 PM, parttimeparty said:

At times I feel like I'm the only person here who doesn't use or care about (Primed) Sure Footed. I didn't even rank it up.

personally I don't use PSF that much, even with Launchers.. because if something is up in my face I use melee; that's what it's there for in just about every game, it's easier to press a button to kill than start hipfiring wildly or risking death (prior to the self-damage rework) with a Launcher. even more so in warframe where our melees are incredibly powerful (but might not be after whatever changes we get soon, who knows).

Primed Blunderbuss I mainly want for the sake of equality, and because we have Primed Ravage. most Crit viable shotguns are still more viable for Status build anyway, we still don't have an insane crit shotgun, like how rifles have the Kuva Chakkhurr. would be interesting to see if Kuva Hek can fill that role..

vor 13 Stunden schrieb bubbabenali:

Only, if you plan to never jump with Atlas ever, maybe you'd be right about him. 

I mean, I listed a bunch of other ones. So what you said is still factually wrong, Atlas is just pretty obvious to spot his non-existent need for PSF that I think you're over-selling. Unless maybe you use him for his passive specifically for the use of launchers, I guess. I could see your argument in that case. Specifically for Atlas - that still doesn't make PSF the best mod to put on any frame though unless you plan not to use any ability.

13 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

At times I feel like I'm the only person here who doesn't use or care about (Primed) Sure Footed. I didn't even rank it up.

You aren't alone. 

I don't get the hype.

To me it is honestly a waste to slot a mod just to deal with something I already learned how to compensate for in WF a long time ago. 

And I'm not like, trying to brag as I don't think it is actually that hard to avoid getting knocked down in WF, but I really don't get knocked down much. I guess I can sort of see it if someone wants to run around at close range with launcher weapons without the benny hill theme constantly playing in their head, and just throw out explosives with reckless abandon for fun, but otherwise I don't see much use for it. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Deeceem:

I mean, I listed a bunch of other ones. So what you said is still factually wrong, Atlas is just pretty obvious to spot his non-existent need for PSF that I think you're over-selling. Unless maybe you use him for his passive specifically for the use of launchers, I guess. I could see your argument in that case. Specifically for Atlas - that still doesn't make PSF the best mod to put on any frame though unless you plan not to use any ability.

So lets have a look at your list

Am 30.5.2021 um 18:10 schrieb (PSN)Deeceem:
  • Atlas (passive)  
  • Nezha (Warding Halo/Firewalker - Helminth ability btw) 
  • Revenant (Mesmer Skin) 
  • Rhino (Iron Skin) 
  • Inaros (Negation Swarm augment) 
  • Titania (Spellbind - Helminth ability btw) 
  • Gauss (Kinetic Plating) 
  • Nekros (Shield of Shadows augment) 
  • Oberon (Hallowed Ground) 
  • Nyx (Assimilate augment)
  • Nidus (Parasitic Link) 

Other than Atlas, all of them need ability spamming, Gauss even needs several ressourcess' managed to be used effective.

Nekros, Nyx and Inaros need an Augment mod (and an active ability) to give you what Primed sure footed gives you for one Forma - none of these Augments are compatible with the Exilos Slot, so they even eat up modding space.

Scarab Swarm is not an ability I wanted to recharge all the time, just to have an effective status block.

Assimilate eats energy like there is no tomorrow, slows you down and even loses you the ability to jump.

Hallowed Ground has to be spammed every secound as long you are not doing a defense centered mission.

I can't say anything about Mesmer Skin, as I never used Revenant for more than mastery, so no comment about him other than it seems to ba an ability that needs constant recasting.

Shield of shadows is a great Augment, granted, as all of Nekros Augments. Too bad you have to heal your minions all the time.

Parasitic Links hampers your movement, as you need to be rather close to your "partner".

Spellbind, I cannot comment on, Titania got the same treatment as Revenant from me, but 16 seconds sounds rather short for an ability I need active all the time.

As for Warding Halo/ Iron Skin: Yeah maybe these two Frames/ Abilities I missed - they need to be active 24/7 on these Frames anyways, so yeah, 2 out of 36 Frames are not strictly better with Primed Sure Footed.

primed sure footed its the best login mod for sure.

It makes gameplay much less annoying and less limiting. In fact the best mod in the game. Locked into a long journey of daily logins.

Only the best players(like me) can have. You? no....

vor 4 Stunden schrieb bubbabenali:

As for Warding Halo/ Iron Skin: Yeah maybe these two Frames/ Abilities I missed - they need to be active 24/7 on these Frames anyways, so yeah, 2 out of 36 Frames are not strictly better with Primed Sure Footed.

Great! We finally agree that your statement was factually wrong!

Regarding the rest: I could argue in favor of some and on others you're probably right, but that wasn't my point to begin with anyways.

The only thing I guess I'll say before leaving this behind me is if you think Kinetic Plating needs any sort of management to give you knockdown immunity you should rebuild/revisit him. "You have to use abilities and play the frame" is a bad argument on your part because that should be at least an expected modus operandi if the kit is good, your build isn't terrible and it's not level 10 content. I also mentioned that in my post: "unless you plan on not using abilities".

Also, revisit Revenant and maybe generally some of your builds and other frames. Some of the downsides - like the SoS Nekros point you tried to make - are non-issues on a proper build.

No idea why you started trying to nitpick each of my mentioned options and alternatives to running PSF when ultimately you agree with what you said being factually wrong. It wouldn't matter if I mentioned just one valid option that renders PSF useless. That still makes "PSF is the best mod to put on any frame" false.

Which is all I said initially.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You aren't alone. 

I don't get the hype.

To me it is honestly a waste to slot a mod just to deal with something I already learned how to compensate for in WF a long time ago. 

And I'm not like, trying to brag as I don't think it is actually that hard to avoid getting knocked down in WF, but I really don't get knocked down much. I guess I can sort of see it if someone wants to run around at close range with launcher weapons without the benny hill theme constantly playing in their head, and just throw out explosives with reckless abandon for fun, but otherwise I don't see much use for it. 

Depends how fast you want to run through a missions you've played 6k times. Sometimes you just want to speedrun an extermination mission and theres really no better way to do it (abilities and melee aside). Just blasting and running as fast as you can. Would be nice to not have to use gauss every time I speed run.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)Wil_Shatner_face said:

I’m just shocked at how many people in this thread didn’t realize the “hit me up, I went to college” line was a joke...

lol I was trying to take my audience's temp humor-wise.

People on this site dont mess around. 

9 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

You aren't alone. 

I don't get the hype.

I think part of it is because there are wf youtubers that claim PSF is "absolutely necessary" for  every build so you can do 30 hour kuva survival runs against lvl 9999 steel path enemies.

"time spent on your butt is wasted dps."

Archived