Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Blunderbuss and Primed Surefooted

parttimeparty

22 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

lol I was trying to take my audience's temp humor-wise.

People on this site dont mess around. 

It's not that we don't do humor at all, but I think there are a couple things at play here: 

1) This is a really international community, lots of non native English speakers on the English section of the forums because it is the most populated, and people from different cultures and slang, even if they do share English as their first language. This means through all these international barriers, sarcasm and more subtle humor can be hard to divine, so a lot of the time people will just assume you are being dead serious unless the sarcasm or humor is really obvious.

2) We have actually seen some pretty ridiculous people, occasionally being so over the top, that you really couldn't tell their behavior apart from someone trying really hard to do some kind of satirical character. And yet after a lot of talking to them, it becomes clear this person really is that serious. Poe's Law and all, if you have ever heard of it. 

On 2021-06-09 at 1:37 PM, parttimeparty said:

Depends how fast you want to run through a missions you've played 6k times. Sometimes you just want to speedrun an extermination mission and theres really no better way to do it (abilities and melee aside). Just blasting and running as fast as you can. Would be nice to not have to use gauss every time I speed run.

See, people can come up with valid situations where it is useful, and I get that. 

But my point is, I think people over-exaggerate its importance. 

Is it very useful for certain situations? Yes. 

Is it a mandatory mod? Well.... not really, no. That's proven by all the people who don't use it because they just don't even feel they need to, and can speedrun missions just fine without it, and rarely use explosive launchers (which aren't the only weapons that can kill hordes quickly in an exterminate speedrun btw). 

On 2021-06-09 at 2:10 PM, TomCruisesSon said:

I think part of it is because there are wf youtubers that claim PSF is "absolutely necessary" for  every build so you can do 30 hour kuva survival runs against lvl 9999 steel path enemies.

"time spent on your butt is wasted dps."

Oh yeah, youtubers love telling people the "easy tip", but the better tip would be "learn parkour" and in most situations, you can slot a mod that will give you even more dps or utility. 

I think YouTubers are too dogmatic sometimes, and they create "fake metas" not based on actual practicality, but what people have been blindly taught. While people can come up with plenty of cases were Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino is quite useful, it simply isn't "absolutely necessary" for every build like many of them say. 

Archived