Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

whats your goto companion also companion benchmarking ?

_Anise_

Honestly I like dethcube most, it can be built to one hit kill high level enemies and quite often will see an enemy run up hear PSTTTTTTTTMM and see it fall over dead it feels like it is doing something !

not only that combined with energy generator and the synth mods this little guy dropping health and energy! he is a mini dispenser, hands down favorite sentinel! the way energy economy works I keep going back to him for energy hungry frames because he makes it so I never run out!

I sometimes feel like I want to run crit kitty, the crit is nice but I always seem to forced to switch it out for something more convenient or interesting!

Smeeta is also too good, it sometimes cuts farming something literally in half but providing double resources but I currently have no shortage of resources it only gets equipped if I need to farm a specific thing now.

I really want to use the healing predasite just because he heals !!  everything !! but I sometimes move him out because it seems hard to get the heal to land on stuff you want and with him I stuggle more with energy and usually go back to the cube!!

finally panzer, I keep hearing people say this thing is a mini "saryn" and it can solo sanctuary onslaught, well I invested the forma and I just wasn't seeing it do anything close to that?

1)curious what other peoples favorite companions are and why ? (my personal winner is dethcube !!)

2)am wanting to experiment with builds and stuff a bit but wonder is there a reliable way people benchmark pet buidls? I really want to see how they are performing but missions are so fast and the variables huge its hard to notice if they are having an impact !

Thanks

Lately I have been doing a lot of Kuva Survival and SE Farming, so Smeeta for functionality, but I also have the Maculatia Kavat skin, which I just like aesthetically. I'll use Adarza for Eidolons. Helios for Sortie. Healing Predasite when I think I'll be using Necramech's a lot, and the Vulpaphyla's if I think I will be running high level content without a good melee set up. I really want to use the Moa's more, since I like the fact they have Emotion Modules, but I feel like they should come with one automatically and you purchase alternatives, and maybe the Sentinels could have something similar - like idle animations they sometimes bust out to show different personalities. Maybe some sound effects or something. 

I'm the kind of person that tries to switch up/use as much variety, where I can. Again I often default to above otherwise. 

Usually I run Sly Vulpaphyla for high level (usually above Lvl 70 is cutoff for me) for the obvious "immortality" and random Dodge chance as a form of minor damage reduction.

Otherwise, I find myself using a Nychus MOA I made recently, built for maximum Armor and Health since it gets 3000 Shields free from Blast Shield precept. You'd think that an aggro pet would be useless but it proves a very efficient distraction while I fish on open worlds.

I'm trying real hard to get Nautilus for RJ missions, and I would take Oxylus with me if any of it's precepts worked.

I tend to run sentinels for day to day stuff. Oxylus or Helios as they both scan stuff while I'm blazing through the level. 

Sometimes Carrier as it would smash crates and reveal a lot of stars for me.

Dethcube used to come with on Sanctuary runs because it could give energy orbs after killing 10 enemies. Not really needed now I gave my Saryn Dispensary over Molt. 

If I'm going after resources the Smeeta comes with because Charm, and if I'm doing anything high level, the Vulpyphyla comes because screw losing vacuum and enemy radar.

Djinn is my go to. No need to revive pets, Sacrifice + Reawaken for free self revives, Synth set for passive reloads and Prisma burst laser is augur mod stat stick for better shield gating. Kind of just the staple endurance companion.

I could use infested fox thing but companion ai is trash and it get's it's self killed, I get annoyed by constant "xxxx has died.......xxxx has been revived" spam across the middle of my screen. 

23 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Djinn is my go to. No need to revive pets, Sacrifice + Reawaken for free self revives, Synth set for passive reloads and Prisma burst laser is augur mod stat stick for better shield gating. Kind of just the staple endurance companion.

I could use infested fox thing but companion ai is trash and it get's it's self killed, I get annoyed by constant "xxxx has died.......xxxx has been revived" spam across the middle of my screen. 🤗

As if not have Deconstructor on your Djinn for the Gladiator set.. 😛

Huras + Slow Nova for Interception

Chesa for Excavation and with Mecha set for Defense and ESO

Raksa prefarably for recharge Shields, Hildryn, Harrow

Vizier + Operator only for Defection, changed with Adarza for Eidolons

Smeeta and Solo for non endless missions like Kuva flood, Medaillions, Steel Esence and Traces farm

Helios for Codex

Carrier for farm resources

Oxylus for Fishing and Plant scanning, prefarably during Lich hunts

Kubrows: Crit build with Hunter mods and Synapse, Status build with Kuva Kohm or Hybrid depends on healing method

Kavats: Crit or Hybrid, missed Mecha set

Healing methods: You can spare 1 Slot, Pack Leader, if You will use other then those which rely on Melee except Arcane Bodyguard

Never use Fetch and Animal Instinct on Beasts, waste of Slots, Beasts are for combat and to protect You, not moving vaccuum machines

Mainly Dethcube or Smeeta. Dethcube especially for energy-intensive frames like Ember and Protea. Smeeta for farming, such as in Fissures and Steel Path, though in Steel Path I have to pair her with frames that can keep her alive like Wisp and Gloom Saryn.

12 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

As if not have Deconstructor on your Djinn for the Gladiator set.. 😛

I would if I could, but I can't so I won't. 

I was really excited about melee moa before it was released because I thought we were going to get something else to carry deconstructor but we aren't allowed to have nice things around here. 

21 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

I would if I could, but I can't so I won't. 

I was really excited about melee moa before it was released because I thought we were going to get something else to carry deconstructor but we aren't allowed to have nice things around here. 

I have one. Did they patch it?

I'll run nearly anything, as I randomize my loadout often, but practically speaking, there's literally no reason not to use a Panzer Vulpaphyla if you have one: it's immortal, has insane DPS, can still use Sharpened Claws and other Kavat mods.. the only thing my sentinels have over it is a sacrifice build for self revives, and that's only ever potentially needed if I'm deliberately taking a trash loadout into Steel Path for whatever reason. 

in an ideal world, all companions would be as invincible and as viable as a fully modded Panzer, but we don't live in an ideal world. 

57 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I'll run nearly anything, as I randomize my loadout often, but practically speaking, there's literally no reason not to use a Panzer Vulpaphyla if you have one: it's immortal, has insane DPS, can still use Sharpened Claws and other Kavat mods.. the only thing my sentinels have over it is a sacrifice build for self revives, and that's only ever potentially needed if I'm deliberately taking a trash loadout into Steel Path for whatever reason. 

in an ideal world, all companions would be as invincible and as viable as a fully modded Panzer, but we don't live in an ideal world. 

Aside from a Deconstructor for Gladiator mods for crit in endless missions. Nice to have.

To me, all sentinels except helios, djinn and oxylus seem like ultimate garbage. Mostly because companions scale a lot better.

Helios because scanning is boring, but i do like my simularicum and I am a completionist.

Djinn because it is the only sentinel that can stay alive for more then 2 minutes against lvl 100+ enemies. However I still find myself simply using smeeta because charm is just the best companion ability by far.

Oxylus for the occasional fishing I do, just because i hate having to pop those dyes in the water or hurt my eyes to spot the hotspots. E.g. oxylus isn't really that important and can easily be added to the big garbage pile of sentinels.

Then on the companion side, smeeta just beats the hell out of anything else because of its versatility and relative tankyness of kavats in general. Honestly, to me smeeta is just the go to companion for everything that doesn't involve scanning or fishing. I wouldn't even rank it S+ tier because that is simply to low when you compare the level of garbage other companions are.

Then comes adarza kavat because the crit buff is a lot more reliable and stronger then the smeeta one, reflect is a cool ability too but doesn't always scale that well.

Then come the vulpas because they don't die, do I really need to explain myself any further?

Then come the other companions, nothing exceptional here, just not worth using them once you got the mastery fodder. I've kept them all because I don't want to be farming/leveling them again should they be reworked/buffed in any way that might make me want to try them out again.

TL;DR;

Smeeta is the best all-round companion, it is by far the strongest and best companion in the game because of charm affecting loot and affinity gains. Add the occasional energy, reload and crit buffs on top for an easy #1 choice.

8 hours ago, IgnisWings said:

trying real hard to get Nautilus for RJ missions

I got that one because I thought it's unique ability sounded interesting! but it goes off at random sometimes pulled enemies away from where you are shooting!! so stopped using it but I did put it's gun on dethcube!

6 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Smeeta, Adarza and Vasca kavats do anything noticeable

I am just chilling on a defense watching my kavats and they just seem to run near enemies go into a "ready to pounce" stance near them, I watched predasites they charge in and grapple and immediately attack, though maybe it's just the animations ?

6 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Pm'd you.

I think I know what you are talking about, if it's the thing mentioned on the wiki ? some people say it does not work anymore, I tried over 100 times before giving up and never got it so either I have too much stuff to make it happen and was just being unlucky or it was fixed.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

literally no reason not to use a Panzer Vulpaphyla if you have one: it's immortal, has insane DPS

one reason not to have one is if you play a stealth frame, the larval state is bugged so it will hover directly next to your head without stealth lol I reported this twice once when they were first released and again a bit later and its still broken!

anyway people keep telling me panzer is insane dps but I find it difficult to gauge? is it just insane dps for a companion ? how much will it add to damage done? 1%? 5% ? this is why I was asking how people benchmark companions because I can actually see dethcube killing stuff because its floating next to me, I can't really see if panzer a lot because its off someplace doing its thing!

25 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

Oxylus for the occasional fishing

I like smeeta for fishing too! if you are trying to get rares and not really on a time limit, you can wait for the buff then pop your dyes/bait and get double rare fish I believe!! though I usually fish without the dye, never had issues spotting them.

4 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

I think I know what you are talking about, if it's the thing mentioned on the wiki ? some people say it does not work anymore, I tried over 100 times before giving up and never got it so either I have too much stuff to make it happen and was just being unlucky or it was fixed.

If they did what a silly thing to bother patching, it's not game breaking it's just a nice QoL to have.
IUMfXSe.png

Smeeta by default and specifically for farming and leveling.

Panzer Vulpaphyla, Raksa Kubrow, any MOA or Helios for more specific needs or builds.

But yeah, Smeeta - despite that it nerfs my damage at random - is probably my most used companion by far.

This one kind of depends. 

Times gone past pretty much dictated the Carrier then Carrier Prime. They're still around, but mostly because they're on a 'frame I don't play all that much and haven't looked at recently or can't be bothered to change. 

My gun platform type warframes tend to run Dethcube Prime. To some degree this is an affectation since Dethcube was my first sentinel and I like the look of the prime variant. The "hissssZzap" of Vaporize never gets old. Also, I have a helluva riven for Dethrifle and the thing flat takes out the trash. I just like it and if there's no other overriding reason to take another companion, it gets the nod. 

Now some warframes benefit from specific companion synergies. Taxon (need a prime!) is used then the warframe has DR abilities. Kavats get used on 'frames with regenerative tendencies or are named Khora (just because). Helios Prime gets some action when scans need to be done (I can't be bothered). 

That about covers it. So far. 

17 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

it's not game breaking it's just a nice QoL to have.

I did 150 rools for science to note how often deconstructor would show up

9 deconstructor prime on helios prime
36 deconstructor prime on helios prime
148 deconstructor prime on helios prime
149 deconstructor prime on helios prime

maybe its a small sample size but tells me what I need to know

Archived