Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESO host swaps and loss of operator xp

1 hour ago, XiPoohBear said:

And after all you stupid white knights chime in saying whatever drivel leaks out of your head, the fact remains that ONE person with any relevant experience other than myself in the field of IT or game production has said that it is well within a company's means to reinforce server infrastructure if a single game is producing 70% of their value.

The rest of you are throroughly pathetic. Do you think WF employees are handing you out invisible gold stars for sticking up for them? They manage limited content poorly. They have several incredibly annoying bug still in production after 3+ years in dev and 7 years on production.

When BioWare started to just say to hell with quality (see: right after we were acquired by EA) and just pump out crap that was bug ridden, partially untested, unlocalized, etc it didn't take long for people to see the writing on the wall.

Shall I start a roadmap of angst from the last 3 years of WF?

What's the point? 95% of ppl on the forum in this game are just here to lick the boots of the overlords.

If you hate this game so much and have any self respect left, then stop playing.  I can go on about how Bioware has always put out buggy (but thoroughly enjoyable) games since the Baldur's Gate and NWN days, that good QA was never their strong suit, but what's the point?  And to assume only you and one other person who agrees with you in this thread has IT or game production experience?  Hahahahaha....

Until someone quoted wrong revenue numbers, the question was never whether or not DE could afford servers.  The issue is that it is not industry standard to sustain that kind of burn rate on a game that does not collect monthly subscription fees.  The fact of the matter is, DE has enough sufficiently satisfied customers that they do not need to acquiesce to your self-important demands.

As for your "roadmap of angst", sure let's see it.  But that you would continue to indulge in an optional activity for three years that gives you angst reveals a lot more about you than anyone else here.

Just now, Krankbert said:

If you’re going to claim that Leyou falsified their financial reports you’ll have to elaborate and show some evidence.

No, I'm not referring to the $175m quoted from Daniel Ahmad.  That number sounds legit.  I was referring to a $4m that was thrown around earlier in the thread that got me worried about DE's financial health for a bit.

vor einer Stunde schrieb MqToasty:

, the question was never whether or not DE could afford servers

A claim that there would have to be an additional fee so that DE could afford servers is literally the first response in this thread. You should know, you posted it.

Am 29.5.2021 um 13:48 schrieb MqToasty:

Are you going to pay a monthly fee to DE so they can host the servers?

1 minute ago, Krankbert said:

A claim that there would have to be an additional fee so that DE could afford servers is literally the first response in this thread. You should know, you posted it.

Please point to where I wrote DE needed the additional monthly fee to "afford servers"?  If you read and understood the other posts I wrote, you will see that the point has always been about the business model DE chose to adopt, and not what DE could or could not afford.  Every successful MMO that I know of chose one of the two business models with only minor variations; if you believe DE would be more successful going with a model that has failed elsewhere, then I believe the onus is on you to prove it.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb MqToasty:

Please point to where I wrote DE needed the additional monthly fee to "afford servers"?  

Are you seriously asking me to explain what the word "can" means?

vor 4 Minuten schrieb MqToasty:

If you read and understood the other posts I wrote, you will see that the point has always been about the business model DE chose to adopt, and not what DE could or could not afford.  Every successful MMO that I know of chose one of the two business models with only minor variations; if you believe DE would be more successful going with a model that has failed elsewhere, then I believe the onus is on you to prove it.

When you're done looking up what "can" means on Wikipedia, you can also look up what a business model is while you're at it. Having dedicated servers or not has nothing to do with the business model. Maybe the other guy was wrong to claim that everyone here has no knowledge of the industry, but you claiming that only subscription MMOs have dedicated servers really doesn't help disproving it.

2 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

When you're done looking up what "can" means on Wikipedia, you can also look up what a business model is while you're at it. Having dedicated servers or not has nothing to do with the business model.

Then please show us a successful MMORPG utilizing a client-server architecture and always had a F2P model.  Claiming that expenses has nothing to do with the business model is...  Laughable, at best.

Gerade eben schrieb MqToasty:

Then please show us a successful MMORPG utilizing a client-server architecture and always had a F2P model. 

Show me a single MMORPG that isn't utilizing a client-server-architecture. That's probably the one single genre where anything else is just infeasible.

Just now, Krankbert said:

Show me a single MMORPG that isn't utilizing a client-server-architecture. That's probably the one single genre where anything else is just infeasible.

You realize that you are playing one?  Warframe is peer-to-peer.  Yes, one player's machine is chosen as the host to coordinate the game, but no dedicated process is spun up so this isn't a client-server architecture.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb MqToasty:

You realize that you are playing one?  Warframe is peer-to-peer. 

Dude, every other post here is me explaining how you're wrong because you don't know what a word means. Like "business model", or "MMORPG", or "can".

Yes, Warframe is peer-to-peer. No, Warframe isn't an MMORPG. There's more to an MMORPG than having levels and a big total amount of players. Call of Duty isn't an MMORPG either, and neither is Warhammer: Vermintide. Go look up any actual MMORPGs and you'll have no shortage of F2P games with dedicated servers.

2 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Dude, every other post here is me explaining how you're wrong because you don't know what a word means. Like "business model", or "MMORPG", or "can".

Hahahahaha...  Yep, if it makes you happy then keep telling yourself that!

2 hours ago, Krankbert said:

No, Warframe isn't an MMORPG.

Hahahahaha....

3 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Go look up any actual MMORPGs and you'll have no shortage of F2P games with dedicated servers.

List one successful one.  And don't claim FFXIV, WoW or Guildwars -- they only turned F2P after charging up front for years and years and realized that it was the best way to prolong their game in the current environment.  There simply isn't any incentive for Warframe to drastically increase their OPEX because adding dedicated servers will not attract more players to the game.

Gerade eben schrieb MqToasty:

Hahahahaha....

List one successful one.  And don't claim FFXIV, WoW or Guildwars -- they only turned F2P after charging up front for years and years and realized that it was the best way to prolong their game in the current environment.  There simply isn't any incentive for Warframe to drastically increase their OPEX because adding dedicated servers will not attract more players to the game.

wow is f2p ???? how about stop lying!
then you can keep lying and claim that eve online is also f2p ...............

so really ......... my eyes bleed when I read such a mindlessness.

warframe is very much f2p and offers top content. if you want everything much faster, you can invest. but there are no great advantages here!

images.jpg

1 minute ago, Battle.Mage said:

wow is f2p ???? how about stop lying!
then you can keep lying and claim that eve online is also f2p ...............

so really ......... my eyes bleed when I read such a mindlessness.

warframe is very much f2p and offers top content. if you want everything much faster, you can invest. but there are no great advantages here!

images.jpg

WoW has gone F2P for about 10 years now, bro:

https://www.pcinvasion.com/world-of-warcraft-f2p-level-cap-will-not-be-going-above-20/#:~:text=Blizzard%2C high and mighty developer,game's level cap above 20.

Keep up with the program!

vor 14 Minuten schrieb MqToasty:

that is even in the headline ...
i have better things to do than read some trolls' toilet content.

to ignore with you

vor 2 Stunden schrieb MqToasty:

Hahahahaha....

Yeah, I'm done talking to functional illiterates for today. The meaning of words isn't up for debate. You will either use words in the same way as the rest of the world, or we're just not going to have a conversation.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb MqToasty:

Until level 20. Most people would call that a trial, but you think "business model" means whether you invest in servers or not, think "can" doesn't mean "the ability to do something" and think Warframe is an MMORPG, so why am I not surprised that you also think having an extremely limited trial version is the same as being F2P.

At this point this is a pattern. Whenever you say something that turns out to be wrong, you're trying to redefine words to gaslight people into believing that it was actually correct. This is pathetic.

8 hours ago, Krankbert said:

Yeah, I'm done talking to functional illiterates for today. The meaning of words isn't up for debate. You will either use words in the same way as the rest of the world, or we're just not going to have a conversation.

Until level 20. Most people would call that a trial, but you think "business model" means whether you invest in servers or not, think "can" doesn't mean "the ability to do something" and think Warframe is an MMORPG, so why am I not surprised that you also think having an extremely limited trial version is the same as being F2P.

At this point this is a pattern. Whenever you say something that turns out to be wrong, you're trying to redefine words to gaslight people into believing that it was actually correct. This is pathetic.

See, this is why I find your posts hilarious.  I did not define F2P.  I did not write that article 9 years ago, or any of the other countless articles calling WoW F2P.  Yet here you are, trying to argue that WoW has not become F2P, in direct opposition to how the rest of the world defines the term.

And just one paragraph prior, you claim that meanings of words are not up for debate...  Nope, no contradiction here whatsoever because I am the functional illiterate!  Hahahahaha...

Archived