Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus 2, and power strengh

FacuNeko

7 minutes ago, FacuNeko said:

you maybe laugh but i still disagree with you

That's the fun of an opinion, you can disagree. But this is a public Forum and you put your opinion up for peer review.

Which is great, because I can point out that Hildryn might not get more Strength as she levels up, but there is absolutely no ability on her that doesn't benefit from it, and you can even ditch other stats like Efficiency because of it. Unlike Nidus, who is never guaranteed to regain the energy he needs to cast, not without compromising to make sure his 2-1 combo can hit enough enemies, a Strength Hildryn will permanently stay at full charge, even with her 3 running on all the enemies around her.

Unlike Nidus, her Augments also scale amazingly with her Strength, allowing her to sustain even on levels where enemies have no Shields or Armour, and even function better because they'll now CC and damage the enemies even better. On top of that Hildryn's 1, can be separately modded and so can deal as much damage as Nidus' 1, but also be augmented to pop Nullifier bubbles for bonus sustain.

9 minutes ago, FacuNeko said:

waste a slot?

on a bandaid?

Depends on how much you need the band-aid.

And...

Your point is that you don't want to Helminth the ability, and you don't want to waste a slot, but your answer to that is...

A function that I've pointed out won't work?

It's funny, but you've cherry picked two parts of my comment that are arguable because they're opinions.

And yet... You haven't actually addressed the part of my comment that tells you why your idea is a bad one with actual game-function-based facts.

Almost like your ideas to fix it don't matter and you just wanted to complain.

hace 5 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Unlike Nidus, her Augments also scale amazingly with her Strength

i made a forum about an augment for nidus 3rd, because i want it to be related to strengh, it'd make sense since it gives strengh

hace 3 horas, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

I mean that some of the objects that you could pull enemies through, such as ramps or sections of wall, actually do no have any level on the inside of them and are open to the sky-box that exists around every single room. Condemning the enemy, and any loot it drops, to be permanently lost to the void. (Not a fun thing to happen on, say, Exterminates.)

Those objects do not support any kind of punch through, least of all one that would draw enemies through them.

you mean like, if the enemies die on the travel time, and drop the loot to void?

(i commented about line of sight being reduce, in that case this wouldn't be a problem)

but maybe DE could "teleport" enemies through terrain so they dont fall in the void.

7 minutes ago, FacuNeko said:

i made a forum about an augment for nidus 3rd, because i want it to be related to strengh, it'd make sense since it gives strengh

It doesn't make sense because it's a Crowd Control ability, it deals no damage and has no scalable function through Strength.

The function you want to give it with Strength does not work because Punch Through functions only work on objects, not scenery.

For example, you are able to CC an enemy that's around a corner, inside the door of the next tile because the Larva clips through scenery. The things it touches cannot clip through scenery, however, as they will simply become disconnected from the Nav Mesh, and either fall infinitely to the bottom of the skybox, or die (which is simultaneously either an infinite scaling function that DE will never allow, and a pain for loot because it will get lost in the void).

In the same way, there are many Objects in the game that your scaled power strength will simply not work on, many Objects in the environment are 3m thick or more, and so you would need 400% Strength to get through them. Which I'm fairly sure you can only ever almost achieve with a Helminth ability on Nidus.

Even then, without functions that will amplify Nidus' abilities, like Status to boost his damage-dealt, even his fully-ramped up Ability-based damage simply caps out.

Nidus doesn't scale as well as you think with Strength, because Nidus' true strengths come out when you balance him a little better for the other functions he does.

Like his CC, like his ally buffing with Link, like his team support with the maggots made from Ravenous.

Nidus does more than just scale with Strength.

That's why I said that frames like Hildryn scale better. Because there is no other function in her kit that she has to mod for, especially not when you put on her augments for her 1 and 2. With Strength you can ignore almost all other stats, leaving only a little Duration and Range to be positive, and ditching Efficiency, and all of her abilities function at their best. 

Nidus isn't considered a great frame just because you can load him full of Strength. It's alright, it's absolutely fine, for him to have a function that doesn't use it. Because that function makes him better, and modding for it, instead of pure Strength, makes him better.

hace 8 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

It doesn't make sense because it's a Crowd Control ability, it deals no damage and has no scalable function through Strength.

i was talking about a post that has nothing related to this thread

hace 9 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

The function you want to give it with Strength does not work because Punch Through functions only work on objects, not scenery.

i know a rubico with punchthrough can hit through walls, and if this "doesn't work" then a reduced line of sight can make the job

hace 11 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Which I'm fairly sure you can only ever almost achieve with a Helminth ability on Nidus.

parasitic link gives a lot of strengh, this makes me think you underestimated it

hace 12 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Nidus does more than just scale with Strength.

this strength makes you heal more, and give a higher buff to allies with parasitic link

hace 13 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Nidus doesn't scale as well as you think with Strength

his 1st does A LOT, i can heal 110 health/s and my link gives 77% on allies(multiplicative bonus strengh AND multiplicative bonus damage, i say AND because it gives both, and i'll say it again, this are multiplicative, not just additive)

hace 15 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Like his CC, like his ally buffing with Link, like his team support with the maggots made from Ravenous.

i know, i play him a lot

but his strengh is something good for healing your team if you sacrifice range or any other mods slots

hace 17 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

That's why I said that frames like Hildryn scale better.

then is it bad i want nidus to have more scaling? for those who not play full range/overextended? or full health/armor that tanks for themself without helping their team?

hace 18 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

With Strength you can ignore almost all other stats, leaving only a little Duration and Range to be positive, and ditching Efficiency, and all of her abilities function at their best. 

then why the frame that has native strengh cannot? give nidus a better reason to build strengh

56 minutes ago, FacuNeko said:

then why the frame that has native strengh cannot? give nidus a better reason to build strengh

Hahaha... Oh dear, I think you're completely misunderstanding me.

When I said 'Nidus does more than just scale with strength' I meant 'Nidus also scales well with other stats'.

By not sacrificing his other stats, and building for them instead.

Nidus works well with more than just a Strength build, because his other abilities aren't just about Strength. Having a CC function means that you don't need as much Strength in order to function.

This doesn't mean he has no reason to build for it, just that he has reasons to build for other things.

There are frames, like Hildryn, where you are encouraged to specifically build for Strength. Be grateful, and experiment with, all the other potential builds you can do with Nidus, because there's more to the frame than just building for Strength.

Larva genuinely doesn't need to have a Strength function on it. Because, as you've pointed out, Nidus already has reason to build Strength in by virtue of his other abilities. Why force more in there when they aren't needed?

1 hour ago, FacuNeko said:

i know a rubico with punchthrough can hit through walls

Go to any ship tile where there is a corridor that has a corner in it, like a right turn, or a left turn. Stand back from the corner and try to aim through it. You will not hit enemies through it with a Rubico.

Even the Zenith (which has Infinite punch-through if you use the alt-fire to put the disc down) struggles with some of those because there's literally no level in that space, only the empty void.

There is a difference between a wall/object, and the places where there is no map. And because places exist all through the tiles where we are walking up slopes or around corners, that border onto that 'no map' area, those are areas where punch through is ignored.

It's not that hard to get.

hace 33 minutos, Birdframe_Prime dijo:

Hahaha... Oh dear, I think you're completely misunderstanding me.

When I said 'Nidus does more than just scale with strength' I meant 'Nidus also scales well with other stats'.

By not sacrificing his other stats, and building for them instead.

Nidus works well with more than just a Strength build, because his other abilities aren't just about Strength. Having a CC function means that you don't need as much Strength in order to function.

This doesn't mean he has no reason to build for it, just that he has reasons to build for other things.

There are frames, like Hildryn, where you are encouraged to specifically build for Strength. Be grateful, and experiment with, all the other potential builds you can do with Nidus, because there's more to the frame than just building for Strength.

Larva genuinely doesn't need to have a Strength function on it. Because, as you've pointed out, Nidus already has reason to build Strength in by virtue of his other abilities. Why force more in there when they aren't needed?

Go to any ship tile where there is a corridor that has a corner in it, like a right turn, or a left turn. Stand back from the corner and try to aim through it. You will not hit enemies through it with a Rubico.

Even the Zenith (which has Infinite punch-through if you use the alt-fire to put the disc down) struggles with some of those because there's literally no level in that space, only the empty void.

There is a difference between a wall/object, and the places where there is no map. And because places exist all through the tiles where we are walking up slopes or around corners, that border onto that 'no map' area, those are areas where punch through is ignored.

It's not that hard to get.

i decided to make a "bug" post on bug forums, where i talk about enemies stuck through structures because it has more sense than adding punch through

Archived