Game now shows comma seperated damage numbers, Do you guys like it better?

Hi Just wanted to check with others if they noticed this change or its just me and i changed some setting without realizing it.

Before the recent updates all damage numbers were shown as integers without separation , but now the damage numbers have a clear comma separator

Earlier: 10000

Now: 10,000

Its a minor visual change but being a person that frequently works with number i was pleasantly surprised by this change , i don't think there was anything in the recent patch notes. it was missed in the patch notes and later added.

Also , it might just be me , but do the crit numbers seem bigger than before (i mean visually not the actual damage) or is it just an optical illusion?

I wouldnt mind some more changes along the same lines like armor values and HP values being more clear for enemies.

I mean, in theory I would like to know if I'm dealing 28,000 damage or 280,000 damage. In practice if I have to ask that question it means I'm already killing the enemy with one headshot anyway.

It feels a lot better than it actually is. But to type that previous sentence, that implies it feels good

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Its a minor visual change but being a person that frequently works with number i was pleasantly surprised by this change , i don't think there was anything in the recent patch notes. it was missed in the patch notes and later added.

Also , it might just be me , but do the crit numbers seem bigger than before (i mean visually not the actual damage) or is it just an optical illusion?

As a person that frequents works with numbers you might also consider red crits as negative!

Seriously though, I think crits seem a bit larger but I tend not to notice such things a lot, things happen almost subconsciously when action is so fast and repetitive.

I like it a lot better for high damage numbers, but imo 4 digit damage numbers didn't really need it, I'd prefer to see "1000" over "1,000", but I can get used to it, it's at least consistent.

• Like 1

It feels weird at first, but it does help you read the damage numbers a bit better. Am I doing 100.000 damage or 1.000.000 damage? With the addition it’s much easier to read.

• Like 2

Note that it's not specifically comma separated digits. It's localized. So your own country's digit grouping is applied. Otherwise you'd see a lot more topics about this.

Although I actually prefer spaces rather than periods or comma's (my country's digit grouping is a period).

5 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

only took 8 years to add it

As long as it's merely an addition, then drive on with your bad self. 

However, as default it seriously yanks me up short when reading. It's a non-sequitur as a recognition reader. I'm vaguely accustomed to it since I have an extensive library of naval texts and a fair amount of stuff clings to this usage. Nevertheless, it always causes a mental stutter step when first encountered. 

As for the game and damage numbers...frankly I don't pay much attention to them and if the option existed I'd turn them completely off. Kill speed is all I'm really interested in and the exact vector of some mob's demise is of no real immediate concern. 

Now, if the game had a damage simulator I could run to set up weapons and see how they potentially perform, I'd be totally on that like...well, I'd be ecstatic. 

7 hours ago, Sloan441 said:

As for the game and damage numbers...frankly I don't pay much attention to them and if the option existed I'd turn them completely off.

There are options to turn both the game and/or damage numbers completely off.  In fact, turning off the former is one way to get rid of the latter.  😄

(Seriously though, there is  turn on/off damage numbers under Options >>  Interface.))

6 hours ago, Wolfdoggie said:

No, I wanted damage numbers to be in Wingdings font and all this would do is add mailboxes.

It would be curious to see damage numbers in Corpus, Grineer or Orokin number representations. Though I think Corpus use binary for counting... damage numbers would be hilariously long (~3.3x longer than decimal).

Hah, changed mine to a space. Better than period or comma. I felt the extra separator was a bit too much on screen. Now I can just see numbers without feeling the need to decipher it, plus if I do want to know how much it actually is it's also readable due to the spaces. Much better.

Can't remove it though. System wont let me use an empty character in the inputfield.

Input from regional settings are read at launch of the game. Any changes you make after that will not be actively visible until you relaunch the game.

It doesn't make much difference in thosands and ten thosands but after hundred thosands it becomes easier to discern how much damage you did.

Getting them 1.5 mil daikyu headshots sure feel more satisfying now.