Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Catena Prime Ephemera - Feedback -

Hystoriic

Hello,
with the new Gara Prime, we got hands on the Catena Prime Ephemera included in the accessories bundle for the price of 44.99 euros.
Now the question is .. was supposed to look that bad ? @[DE]Megan @[DE]Rebecca

Frame without the ephemera equipped:

Frame with the ephemera equipped:

Operator without the ephemera equipped:

Operator with the ephemera equipped:

Any change on the glass textures and intensity of the ephemera itself to make it look better would be nice, cus in the current state its not even acceptable and the frame barely visible.

Have a nice day ;)

I was looking forward to these accessories, but now I want to see some improvement to the ephemera before I spend my money. Learned my lesson from the Baurahn Prime ephemera but since it was improved to perfection post-release, I'm hoping for the same thing for this one - at which point I will gladly buy the accessory pack. :)

The way the crystals are moving around the warframe looks wrong and from an aesthetic point of view so bad that I removed the ephemera from Gara Prime...

I seriously hope that they adjust these things. I mean, I don't mind supporting DE because generally speaking I'm a huge fan of Warframe and always hope they can continue doing what they do. This is mostly the reason why I buy stuff like prime access in the first place. I own over 20k Platinum and can easily farm or buy the non-vanity items when they release new stuff. However, I think when people buy vanity items for $40 or more, I guess they expect them to look properly.

I used to purchase the PAA every 3 months. That said I haven’t purchased one since Wukong Prime. The accessories haven’t been that great since then and imo really lacking polish and good implementation, they’ve really all been really meh. Multi dragon flaming flying ephemera that really only looks good on chroma followed by spinning diamond ephemera that makes you look wet and not even close to glassy looking not to mention the Tennocon one are all really meh! So hard pass. This is yet another I’ll just wait for them to come back around for $20 and maaaybe get it then.....The upcoming ephemeras I saw for corpus litches look 10 times better than this and they free. 

Bought the ephemera last night after seeing an afk player at the necralisk. Put the links in chat and tried it out on many different frames before making the decision to purchase it. At first sight, it was the best cosmetic I have ever seen. It adds a really nice and colorful glassy look to your warframe. Once I bought it and had enough time to try it out, I found out that the really nice effect only applies when you are standing still. You keep these glass crystals orbiting you 100% of the time, but not the main effect that was the selling point for me. I'm just not very happy after noticing this, and curious to see how others feel about this ephemera.  I'm really regretting buying this prime accessory pack. I would much rather have the glassy effect 100% of the time and have these crystals appear only when you stand still. Does anyone else have similar feelings towards this new ephemera?

Can people even get a refund for this purchase? If you link the ephemera in chat and check them on your characters, it shows the effect, just like any other ephemera. How was I supposed to know that I was going to receive an effect that only works when you go AFK. I really wanted to make a complaint to support, but I have hopes that the devs might realize that they really screwed us on this ephemera and they try and fix it, or at least give us their thoughts on this subject.

Looking over the Ephemera (I haven't gotten it yet, since I'm saving my money for other things), I don't see why the glassed-over effect couldn't stay while you're moving as well; Since it seems to apply to your entire look, attachments & all.

• Regarding how the Glassed effect changes the way your frame looks beneath it (For lack of better phrasing), I think if it the glass was more transparent to help maintain your color scheme while retaining the sheen, that would be great. Apart from that I'm not sure how it could be more visually glass-like, unless anyone has some specific ideas on that?

As for the moving crystals, I think they could just trail behind your Warframe a good distance similar to a small meteor shower if you're going fast enough, and be hidden from your view while you're aiming a weapon. Similar to other hiding-effects while aiming.

• To be specific; While moving fast enough (Sprinting / Bullet jumping, etc.), the crystals could just not be clumped together, and perhaps following your movement path? Like if you use a water hose on a wall and wave it around. The separated crystals probably shouldn't be stretched too far apart behind you though.

• I'm not sure whether the idle orbiting pattern they have should / could be changed or not off the top of my head (There may be a lot of potential for different crystal patterns, if it was open to get changed). If it did, perhaps a more wavy ( ~ ) pattern could be utilized, so there aren't only two areas where it rises / falls.

Just some food for thought :)

• 4 weeks later...

I regret the money I've spent on this, not gonna advise anyone to buy it for the sake of ephemera. Quite a dissapointment. I don't even know what part is worse - the plastic look or the shape of particles movement, I'd rather see them flying around in some different orbits or random, but this V-shape is just bad, as bad as Vengeful Shockwave ephemera static stones (if only they were orbiting around)
P.S: "Tennocon ephemera is LAME"

On 2021-06-08 at 1:55 AM, Protoriginal said:

found out that the really nice effect only applies when you are standing still. You keep these glass crystals orbiting you 100% of the time, but not the main effect that was the selling point for me.

I've been thinking about buying the accessory pack for that ephemera. Now, it's no longer on the menu.

• 1 month later...

for me this is the coolest ephemera in the game, i'm sad that i can't buy it today. apparently there is an animation error on the floating crystals (I don't know if this has been fixed today) but the highlight of this ephemera is the glass overlay on all accessories and armor pieces.

the effect is amazing if you know what you are doing with the colors. i saw some fashionframes and all i think is *I wanted to buy this accessory pack.

Archived