Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara' innate grounds synthesis target from siphon trap in Void tile

(PSN)jockhotty

I noticed this just now for the first time, it was currently just an inconvenience but it could easily result in the inability to scan, increase the chance of dying when in a dangerous crowd or environment or be an indicater of priority problem that is more consequential elsewhere in the game. The ' in the title means Prime for readers unfamiliar with common mathematical symbols.

Can you explain in more detail what is happening?  It's unclear to me (and likely to others as well) what is meant by "grounds" the target "from a siphon trap".  Does that mean you are using a siphon trap but instead of lifting the target it is being stuck to the ground?

Edit:  Is it only on Void tilesets?  Is it only with Gara Prime?

I play alot but I never remember things to bring them up in any organized way. Nor do I have much luck searching the forums for these things. Sadly I cant send pics or videos here very easily, though both those items are easily available. So I just decided to a post as soon as it happens, maybe it will help someone or the game.

Anyway, while using Gara Prime in a void tile while hunting a synthesis target, I deployed the Kinetic Syphon trap. Then I watched as Gara's sunlight blinding was activated suddenly in the area. The synthesis target reaction was that it immediately dropped from the just initiated suspended position. I quickly redeployed a trap and the target was seeming unaffected at least as far as elevating the target. Since I was just starting w a Gara Prime, I was in danger of dying so I was paniked into concern of losing the target as well. So I did die and had to pursue the target into another area to grab it. Normally I would have gone into experiment mode to see if I could repeat it. I just decided to report it and figured if anywone else had thst experience there was a  post for it.  For the record, I have never seen a trap fail in that manner and figured it was worth of a post. To be clear I have not gone back in the void w Gprime w a target, nor I have not yet had Gprime experience it in another area. Maybe if I get a target in the void I will try to remember to grab Gara for it.  Also if hunting on purpose shade is my sentinel and will be unarmed.

I've had targets be grounded through getting shot with a dethcube ray but after the initial stun they do usually go back into the air because of the siphon trap

It would definitely be useful if the trap would override any stun effects on the scan target

Archived