Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ghoul purge just started on PC - time for ghoul saw?

Bryuf

The title pretty much sums it up. A fresh ghoul purge event just began on PC, could the ghoul saw finally be here? I haven't seen any official confirmation of this anywhere, but the devs did mention that they would like to ship it with a ghoul event on a devstream a while ago. They probably could've snuck it in with the Gara prime release that also contained a lot of QoL and bugfixes allowing them to launch the event without an update first. Anyone who can confirm or debunk this?

The release has not been announced yet. 

Since it is just a weapon it could come quickly and out of nowhere, but it has not been mentioned in any of the latest patchnotes, and it wasn't mentioned in the latest 2.2GB update to prepare for the mainline. 

I believe people expect it to pop up as a reward when Operation Plague Star returns, but I am not sure if that was officially confirmed, and even if so, we don't know when that will be. 

Personally I wouldn't expect it before Sisters of Parvos, maybe not even until after Tennocon, but it is possible it could get there first to keep people entertained in the meantime. 

I'm not holding my breath though: I believe in the recent Reddit AMA it was already confirmed resources were pulled from working on the Ghoul Saw to work on Call of the Tempestarii, and this new update is even bigger and more important, so just be pleasantly surprised if it shows up anytime soon. 

4 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

The ghoul saw will come with the next plague star rerun

Source: -snip-

Ah dangit, must have I misremembered plague star as ghoul purge. Guess I got a little overexcited at the thought of finally wielding that monster

if that were the case I'd have it already, PSN has had Ghouls for a couple days now.

it's suppsoed to appear whenever DE give us Plague Star again, but given that those events are usually brought out during a dry content period, and we'll all be hunting Liches for weeks on end pretty soon, I don't think it's gonna appear until maybe August-September at a guess. 

there is a chance that they might mention Plague Star and/or the Ghoul Saw on the next Devstream. 

5 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

Do people really do ghoul purge anymore. I remember it being for baza parts and lore. Once that was done I never saw any point in doing it again.

The Baza doesn't have parts, and there are no weapon parts that drop from Ghoul Purge. Are you thinking of the Stubba and Quartakk?

Archived