Warframe Concept: Gaia - the Guardian of Nature

(PSN)King_Etheric

((Reposting in proper section with changed passive)) I had an interesting idea for a warframe recently called Gaia. Gaia is a female warframe with nature based abilities and a druid-like appearance, featuring a hybrid role of Support and Offense.  Those abilities would include (these names are the best i could come up with at the moment):

Creeper Trap - Gaia traps surrounding enemies around her for a short time with vines from the ground

Nature's Blessing - Gaia produces a healing aura around herself to cause health regen for herself and nearby allies

Floral Blast - Gaia releases a blast of flower petals in a cone in front of her, damaging enemies caught in the blast

And her final ability, Nature's Wrath, which could be one of two things depending - A) Gaia turns into a Treant/Ent (for those that dont know what those are, they're walking trees, like in lord of the rings), gaining increased health and melee damage during this state, can be ended at any time (it would have a energy drain effect while active); or B) Gaia summons a treant/ent for a set time

Her passive would be that she can revive Beast Companions faster and Beasts Companions gain boosted health

Unique weapons: Gaia would have two signature weapons, Naturia and Druidia

Naturia - a nature-themed bow whixh acts like a regular bow unless wielded by Gaia, when wielded by Gaia, it fires a horizontal spread of five arrows when hip fired, and all five in a tight spread when ads

Druidia - a staff weapon based on traditional depictions of druid staves, but with a more futuristic look, while a normal staff weapon wield bybothers, when wielded by Gaia each swing sends out weak short-range homing spheres that look like small masses of leaves

13 hours ago, (PSN)King_Etheric said:

Floral Blast - Gaia releases a blast of pollen and flower petals in a cone in front of her, damaging enemies caught in the blast

Please change the name of this skill to "allergy".

However interesting and solid concept, nothing too much but valid.

6 hours ago, Enderman20 said:

Please change the name of this skill to "allergy".

However interesting and solid concept, nothing too much but valid.

((Ignoring my previous reply as my phone screen decided to freak out, post an emoji, couldn't delete it, and then decided to post it on its own))

I forgot to change the effect of that ability to just being flower petals when i reposted this

As for it not being too much, im great when coming up with ideas for things, but coming up with specific stats (health, shields, armor, damage, durations, etc) and keeping them balanced is not my specialty

• 2 months later...

That passive is pretty much Oberon and Trinity passive and the healing ability is pretty much Oberon's. Otherwise I like that concept.

I've taken some inspiration from another post on the same subject as well as this one and I'm posting my concept on both.

Here is it:

Name: Gaia

Passive - Nature's Bounty: Recovery effects for Gaia and all team members nearby is increased by 20%. This includes health, energy and shields. Cannot be modified.

1 - Plant Treant: Throw a seed that will burst into a small treant that attacks nearby enemies. Hold 1 to cycle between three types of treant.

• Toxic Treant - Attacks nearby enemies from ranged with pods and inflicts them with Impact (Stagger Chance) and Gas damage.
  • Creeper Treant - Immobilizes enemies with vines from ranged while inflicting Toxin damage.
  • Razor Treant - Attacks nearby enemies from ranged with brambles that stick to nearby enemies which slows and bleeds them.

2 - Nature Aura - Aura Skill (Use to toggle between Curse and Blessing):

• Curse - Inflict damage to nearby enemies which restores Gaia's energy.
  • Blessing - Rapidly drain energy to restore health and shields to Gaia and nearby allies. Automatically switches to Curse if energy runs out.

3 - Deadly Pollen: Gaia blasts a cone of pollen in front of her that damages and attaches to any enemy hit. Enemies afflicted by spores have reduced status resistance and will spread the pollen if damaged.

4 - Nature's Wrath - Constantly drains energy while active and abilities cost no energy - Hold 4 to cycle to different transformations and each regular ability is changed while transformed. Transforming restores health, shield and energy depending on amount of treants consumed:

• Ent (melee) - Consume all nearby treants before transforming into into an Ent.
    • Ent has increased armor, attack speed and movespeed depending on the amount of treants consumed.
    • Ent has no ranged attack and instead pulls itself to the target enemy.
    • Plant Treant now causes Ent to use an empowered version of a regular treant's attack depending on the selection.
    • Nature's Aura [Curse] is always active but only slows the energy drain rather than giving any extra energy. Can still gain energy from energy drops and other effects. Using 3 instead pulls nearby enemies toward Ent.
    • Deadly Pollen coats the Ent's weapon/claws and uses its effect whenever hitting an enemy with a melee attack.
  • Mandrake/Mandragora (ranged) - Consume all nearby treants before transforming into a Mandrake.
    • Mandrake has increased shield, energy and ranged damage depending on amount of treants consumed
    • First three treants consumed are mounted on Mandrake as turrets
    • Mandrake cannot run but can quickly leap to a target spot when dashing.
    • Mandrake's melee attack is a large vine that knocks back enemies in a semi-circle and does little damage.
    • Mandrake's ranged weapon is replaced with a rapid firing cannonlike mouth gun that is effected by the primary weapon's stats and mods.
    • Plant Treant now causes Mandrake to empower the treants mounted on it as well as its own ranged attack for a duration. Only one version and does not stack.
    • Deadly Pollen now spreads from enemies automatically and is a targeted bomblike skill.
    • Nature's Aura is now an ability that causes Mandrake to grab an enemy from ranged with vines which it consumes to replenish some energy on a cooldown. Can hold 3 to send out a large pulse that gathers all nearby drops such as health globes, energy globes, ammo drops and resources.
  • Spriggan (support) - Consume all nearby treants before transforming into a Spriggan.
    • Spriggan has increased health, ability radius and ability strength depending on the amount of treants consumed.
    • Spriggan can use all weapons as a normal warframe like Gaia can.
    • Spriggan gains an invulnerability dash that looks like shifting into flowers and back. (Cannot be damaged while dashing.)
    • Plant Treant now also empowers Spriggan. The more treants on the battlefield the stronger Spriggan's Nature's Aura becomes.
    • Nature's Aura now uses both Curse and Blessing at the same time. Use to increase effect but drain energy faster.
    • Deadly Pollen now is spread in a semi-circle instead of a cone and also restores energy to allies but not to Spriggan. (Or make it as OP as Trinity and it does restore energy to Spriggan.)

Obviously it's far from complete but I did put a lot of thought into it to at least convey the ideas. Hope you guys like it.

P.S. For what I thought the transformations could look like:

Ent

589401da68f9bef9c16b13782ecf3203.jpg

Mandrake/Mandragora

latest?cb=20161123215308

32079-223671-thickbox.jpg

Spriggan

Spriggingoodl-sm.jpg

41 minutes ago, Puck_Goodfellow said:

4 - Nature's Wrath - Constantly drains energy while active and abilities cost no energy - Hold 4 to cycle to different transformations and each regular ability is changed while transformed. Transforming restores health, shield and energy depending on amount of treants consumed:

• Ent (melee) - Consume all nearby treants before transforming into into an Ent.
    • Ent has increased armor, attack speed and movespeed depending on the amount of treants consumed.
    • Ent has no ranged attack and in

Did a quite similar a while ago 

11 hours ago, keikogi said:

Did a quite similar a while ago 

Oh neat. Ya, seems like a few people have been having the ideas of a plant themed warframe lately. I've only recently got back into the game and haven't played a Necromech yet so I look forward to it once I can figure out how to stop these game crashes.

Your ideas are lot more fleshed out and your formatting is better too. It must have taken you quite a while to put that together as I know mine took several hours.

I find it interesting that we had similar ideas of the transformation modifying the other abilities. I wasn't exactly thinking the actual warframe would have three transformations as that would probably be too overloaded but was simply trying to get ideas out there.

Your idea also seems to have more merit as I do like the idea of the necromech mechanics being used by a warframe similar to Titania and the archwing. I suppose it also ticks my box of wanting a transformation warframe turret mechanic so I guess it's a win/win all around.

I guess it goes without saying that feel free to use any of my ideas for your own just as I've used the other Gaia warframe ideas others put forth.

Whatever gets used if the plant based warframe is made I'll bet the idea of using the necromech transformation will surely be incorporated. If not then probably in a different warframe theme.

Archived