Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sentinel's 2021. Where do we stand at the moment?. Has DE given an update on what they plan with them? (if anything)

Tenno76856

Been wondering whether DE plans to make any changes/add anything to sentinels?. I know some people like using them as a 'stat stick" but i find them useful as utility more than anything else. Do they intend to add any new sentinels?.

cheers

They already added a new one recently, named Nautilus, and there was a leak not long ago, I think when Nezha Prime was leaked, that suggested a Primed Diriga might be coming someday, but it didn't end up coming with that Prime Access or the next couple. 

Anyways, as for actual reworks that fix the inherent problems, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything anytime soon. 

As I understand it DE still plans to go over pets and sentinels and all companions again at some point and give them another rework based on all the feedback, but as of right now, there is no indication they are anywhere close to that day. 

il y a 32 minutes, Tesseract7777 a dit :

he was refering at how S#&$ty they actually are.

I don't think it will ever change. The game has tremendous issues that have been scaffolded onto since its inception and making sentinels good would require an amount of investment that DE will never put ever again into their game imho.

Just now, Galuf said:

I don't think it will ever change. The game has tremendous issues that have been scaffolded onto since its inception.

IDK if they will ever fix them the way they need to either.

Will there eventually be a pets/companions 2.0/2.5/3.0 or whatever it is supposed to be at this point? Probably. 

Will it be enough to fix their overall issues?

I'm not holding my breath. 

51 minutes ago, NigglesAU said:

Been wondering whether DE plans to make any changes/add anything to sentinels?. I know some people like using them as a 'stat stick" but i find them useful as utility more than anything else. Do they intend to add any new sentinels?.

cheers

I'm not holding my breath, this'll be me by the time DE do anything with them.

LXxqDUH.jpg

It's not really the Sentinels fault for being so made of glass lately they were fine when they first came out but DE has kept dumping stronger content on us but have not brought the Sentinels up to the spec of the new content along the way.

I paste this into new hotfix's now and then, but I know it's low on their priority.

###############################################
Sentinel Survivability

Sentinel Survivability Buff, please DE you keep adding new and more powerful enemies that can zap our Sentinels in one shot just about, even with Primed Regen on it, dead outright in the first few minutes into some high missions, especially horrid on high Corpus missions.

We need our Sentinel mods like our Companion mods made into Link mods so we can at least make them hopefully survive longer than 3 minutes into a 10 minute mission.

Warframe abilities and other healing methods that heal should also work on the Sentinels, it feels like you just don't care, yet you keep releasing new Sentinels that are just as bad as the old ones.

Not all of us want to run around with a Demios pet that cannot die outright and respawns over your head.

1 hour ago, NigglesAU said:

cheers

They gave us repair dispensary. I suspect that’s all they intend to do.

Now anyone claiming they “need their sentinel,” has a solution.

An awful one that requires you to sacrifice a mod slot and an ability just to have reliable access to radars and vacuum :|

38 minutes ago, Galuf said:

I don't think it will ever change. The game has tremendous issues that have been scaffolded onto since its inception and making sentinels good would require an amount of investment that DE will never put ever again into their game imho.

I mean, they could just make them invulnerable. 🤷 that would take like a grand total of one day.

Sentinels in general are absolutely pointless to equip in: all of the open worlds, new corpus ship tileset, Kuva Fortress, Railjack, anything above level 30. For higher level missions we have useless pets. Best companions in the game are warframe and Clem specters.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Tesseract7777:

As I understand it DE still plans to go over pets and sentinels and all companions again at some point and give them another rework based on all the feedback, but as of right now, there is no indication they are anywhere close to that day. 

Well, i play this game for almost 4 years, started shortly before the release of Plains of Eidolon i think.

I remember that at least since 2018 they mention "Pets 2.0" in Devstreams every now and then, but nothing really happened so far.

(besides the Stasis changes and the addition of Fetch i think, but thats about it)

It doesnt really matter if DE says they are working on something or if they plan to do this or that,

because it can still take years until implementation, if it ever happens 😉

The 3rd Orb for example went from:

• "almost bossfight complete" in 2018 to
  • "we have a page document wirtten" in 2019 to
  • "we got some ideas" in 2020

Just ignore their Streams and see what will actually get released.

Il y a 14 heures, DrivaMain a dit :

Pets in general are useless. They are just a glorified walking vaccum/fetch and Animal Instinct slot. They are also being stiched together by band-aids that has already came off.

Nope, a companion or sentinel brings noticeable utility or account for a significant amount of your effective damage output. It gives up to way more than a simple vaccuum. However it doesn't prevent them to look and feel really bad for a 2021 "AAA" game.

22 hours ago, NigglesAU said:

cheers

I’m genuinely terrified that repair dispensary was DE’s “fix.” That with that, they can say “sentinels are practically immortal now, they don’t need anymore help.”

It was just more wasted dev time :|

either make them immortal and utility based without weapons, or greatly increase their base DPS. the former allows players to benefit without worrying about losing said benefit for the entire mission, the latter would make tyring to protect your sentinel worthwhile.

given we already have mods designed to protect Sentinels, it would be easier to go with the latter option, and buff Sentinel weapons to make them all viable. at least then they can actually be helpful against tougher enemies whilst alive and require the player to pay attention and not let them get killed or else they lose a noticeable chunk of their overall damage output.

4 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

either make them immortal and utility based without weapons, or greatly increase their base DPS

this is why I am using dethcube, with the rework of vaporize with his prime version allowing weapon mods to stack with the effect it actually kills meaningful stuff now!

add in energy generator, synth mods, fetch, instinct he is actually providing decent utility!

outside of steel path mine does not die and I didn't really add that much in terms of survive mods!

now they just got todo the same for the rest

Honestly I don't see why Repair Dispensary was even needed. They already actually have kinda solved Sentinel issue.

It's called Djinn's Reawaken that gives you basically infinite revive with tad long cooldown. 

Before Vulpa was a thing it made Djinn a go-to companion for long and/or high level content so one could keep using utilities of a pet while playing.

Just make that universal, exactly like how they did with Carrier's Vaccum. 

Sure, it doesn't solve every issue with Sentinels, but it gives them a purpose (infinite utilties) without needing much overhaul.

7 hours ago, OwlOfJune said:

Honestly I don't see why Repair Dispensary was even needed. They already actually have kinda solved Sentinel issue.

It's called Djinn's Reawaken that gives you basically infinite revive with tad long cooldown. 

Before Vulpa was a thing it made Djinn a go-to companion for long and/or high level content so one could keep using utilities of a pet while playing.

Just make that universal, exactly like how they did with Carrier's Vaccum. 

Sure, it doesn't solve every issue with Sentinels, but it gives them a purpose (infinite utilties) without needing much overhaul.

Make it generic across all of the Sentinels and lower cool down timer seeing sentinels can go boom so fast.

With also making the Link mods work on Sentinels.

I paste this into the hotfix now and then, though it falls on deaf ears.

Sentinel Survivability

Sentinel Survivability Buff, please DE you keep adding new and more powerful enemies that can zap our Sentinels in one shot just about, even with Primed Regen on it, dead outright in the first few minutes into some high missions, especially horrid on high Corpus missions.

We need our Sentinel mods like our Companion mods made into Link mods so we can at least make them hopefully survive longer than 3 minutes into a 10 minute mission.

Warframe abilities and other healing methods that heal Warframes should also heal the Sentinels, it feels like you just don't care, yet you keep releasing new Sentinels that are just as bad as the old ones.

Not all of us want to run around with a Demios pet that cannot die outright and respawns over your head.

On 2021-05-29 at 11:15 PM, Tesseract7777 said:

They already added a new one recently, named Nautilus, and there was a leak not long ago, I think when Nezha Prime was leaked, that suggested a Primed Diriga might be coming someday, but it didn't end up coming with that Prime Access or the next couple. 

Anyways, as for actual reworks that fix the inherent problems, I wouldn't hold my breath for anything anytime soon. 

The sad thing is it wouldnt even take that much effort. 

They should not get instantaneously evaporated every 5 seconds.

They arguably should not be killable at all. 

I dont have a choice between sentinels and beasts. 

Its a choice between beasts that are way, way more survivable, can be revived, or better yet are vulpaphylas, or [DEAD] unless the mission is so short primed regen hasnt run out of #*!%s to give yet.

On 2021-05-30 at 4:35 PM, Hayrack said:

Sentinels in general are absolutely pointless to equip in: all of the open worlds, new corpus ship tileset, Kuva Fortress, Railjack, anything above level 30. For higher level missions we have useless pets. Best companions in the game are warframe and Clem specters.

I recently made my own posts about sentinels. The issues actually begins at around level 20. A single electric proc from a corpus unit, the kind frequently seen in Fortuna bounties, can kill your sentinel in a matter of seconds.

In that post I outlined how I, during a bounty was on the step “defend the drone.” I was being evasive, trying to stay airborne and at a distance from my opponents, playing specifically to keep my sentinel alive. Yet, we got tagged by an electric proc, over 3-4 seconds it’s health was drained and it died.

I decided I didn’t want to continue without my radars and vacuum, so I decided to allow myself to be killed. I stood there, for 40 seconds, allowing the enemies to chip away at me. Eventually they managed to kill me, my sentinel and I revive, and I immediately resume evasive manoeuvres.

Before I even take a step, the sentinel was hit with another electric proc, and was dead again before I even had a chance to respond.

This happened in level 20 content.

Archived