New Warframe ideas/themes

Hi to all Tenno

I was thinking last night about some new ideas or themes that could be used for new warframes in the future..i only came up with a few,something like a full on gladiator frame or a  robotic frame (something like out of the movie chappie) or maybe (please dont laugh 🙂) a sorta like a transformer frame where you could turn into a tank or something similiar.

What are your thoughts and ideas on this?

Thank you all for reading.

Mark T Upgrade

Hmm. This is a strange topic for me, because usually when I'm really into a game, I would be out there with my own ideas and inspirations. I once designed two different classes for Diablo II, complete with skill trees. I wrote at least three different game concepts plus an entire fantasy universe inspired by The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and Skyrim. I even wrote concepts for an open-world cyberpunk-ish action RPG inspired by, of all things, Sonic the Hedgehog.

But Warframe? Nothing. And what freaks me out is I can't explain why. I tell myself I should have frame concepts of my own, but I just can't think of any.

I did casually once tried to "port" over one of one of my Diablo II fan concepts; the Soul Flayer. It's this "energy vampire" concept that feeds off the essence of enemies and use it against them. Didn't go anywhere far, though.

Also, Protea is one of my favourite frames because she reminds me of my days playing my Martial Arts Assassin in Diablo II - the only character I built purely for fun. She has this somewhat similar "Swiss Army Knife Character" feel that the MA Assassin had, which I really enjoy. The recent Diablo II announcement kind of make me wish DE would make a frame that feel even closer to the MA Assassin, but I don't really have anything more specific than that.

I'd like to see them make some frames a bit easier to get first, like in mask of the randomness. -I mean, mask of the revenant. I know some warframes are random to get, but they don't really have their own quests to get them (save for the main blueprint but parts are elsewhere).  But I could rant all day about being locked out of proceeding with mask of the revenant cos the parts don't have their own quest specific bounties to run for them (or at least make them more common drops or can get them on all bounties). Plus I just have a 100kg of salt about it right now

But apart from that, I'd like to see another heavier type of frame like Rhino. I love my Rhino built up like he stepped out of the latest doom game, but another warframe built up like a soldier would be pretty cool. It could be another warframe that has it's own melee weapon when none is equipped (thinking a combat knife) and have adrenaline based abilities to let you survive better in a firefight (burst of speed, reduce health lost when hit). Also the passive would be a large boost to primary weapons, due to melee usually being a lot more powerful

a female drone control frame who can ride a drone or send them as her support  4 drones / or moas )  for heal ,dmg, loot   like protea and Vaubans daughter as her ultimate she could fusion her 4 drones to one big drone that can defend her or be ridden to get away

3 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Female spider frame. Summon small spiders, transform into big spider. Put enemies in cocoon. Put webbing everywhere to trap enemies. Cool. 😎

that sounds cool! already have my web ephemera !

3 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

Or Cat frame? But we already have Valkyr...

and Khora ?

anyway long as we talking silly random ideas, a necramech warframe hibrid who's ultimate is a hulk like exaulted necramach

Some easy themes to come up with would be;

A Kubrow-based Warframe (hopefully with a traditional hunter theme and a fur coat for added effect), to add onto our Kavat theme with Khora. Hounds, a sweet hat, maybe even an Exalted Rifle. The Exalted Rifle would essentially be a super sniper, charge it up to blast a beam Spartan Laser style that can go through multiple targets in a line.

A vehicle-themed Warframe, opting for more of a playstyle tailored to heavy artillery and CC. Grenades, rocket launchers, a toughness boost and the ability to boost any vehicle you enter (which includes their very own Necramech). The Necramech would be more support-based, absorbing fire and shooting while you're not in it and allowing you to enter it to increase your gun damage and overall Health, giving you the CC your base form lacks with slows and knockdowns. 

A space-themed Warframe, focusing on the power of celestial bodies and the coldness of space that Wisp (somewhat) brought up and harnessing them for some deadly damage and huge defense. Fling some comets to knock down and slow enemies, summon a revolving moon to pull enemies into one spot, heal yourself with a stationary interstellar cloud that removes CC and crush enemies by becoming a mini mobile Neutron Star (releasing your own pulsars around you as you move).

a sentinel themed warframe, comes with a overhaul of the sentinel system.

1 to summon a themed sentinel(like khora's cat and Wukong's 1)

2 is a multi purpose ability that loads different utilities to the sentinel you summoned (sentinel will interact with your 2 like Octavia's 1 and 2.

3 to grab your sentinel and throw it to a target location. depending on the utilities ygiven by your 2, it does different things and flies back when duration ends.

4 is to let your sentinel transform into a necramech junior for your warframe to pilot.

i have no idea how the overhaul of the sentinel system will look like.

Of all the things DE kinda needs help with, coming up with ideas isn't one of them. If anything they have far more ideas (both good and bad) than they can ever properly implement.

Anyway, my thoughts are that childlike wonder is a beautiful thing nonetheless and I shouldn't really make too much fun of OP for being 12 or something like that, when I was 12 myself I wasn't cool enough to come up with adding "Upgrade" to my name and doubling down on it by signing my posts.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Graysmog said:

Some easy themes to come up with would be;

A Kubrow-based Warframe (hopefully with a traditional hunter theme and a fur coat for added effect), to add onto our Kavat theme with Khora. Hounds, a sweet hat, maybe even an Exalted Rifle. The Exalted Rifle would essentially be a super sniper, charge it up to blast a beam Spartan Laser style that can go through multiple targets in a line.

A vehicle-themed Warframe, opting for more of a playstyle tailored to heavy artillery and CC. Grenades, rocket launchers, a toughness boost and the ability to boost any vehicle you enter (which includes their very own Necramech). The Necramech would be more support-based, absorbing fire and shooting while you're not in it and allowing you to enter it to increase your gun damage and overall Health, giving you the CC your base form lacks with slows and knockdowns. 

A space-themed Warframe, focusing on the power of celestial bodies and the coldness of space that Wisp (somewhat) brought up and harnessing them for some deadly damage and huge defense. Fling some comets to knock down and slow enemies, summon a revolving moon to pull enemies into one spot, heal yourself with a stationary interstellar cloud that removes CC and crush enemies by becoming a mini mobile Neutron Star (releasing your own pulsars around you as you move).

A kubrow hunter would be cool, dunno about that spartan laser sniper tho. Maybe have it use the aim button to lock onto an enemy and hold fire for a shot that's up to 5x the normal power.

Also, if DE would let Titania use her pixie mode or her boosters in normal mode as her archwing in space, we'd totally have a space warframe. I get her origins and being tied to earth and all, but...she literally has an inbuilt archwing...c'mon!

Also also

12 minutes ago, ebrl said:

Of all the things DE kinda needs help with, coming up with ideas isn't one of them. If anything they have far more ideas (both good and bad) than they can ever properly implement.

Anyway, my thoughts are that childlike wonder is a beautiful thing nonetheless and I shouldn't really make too much fun of OP for being 12 or something like that, when I was 12 myself I wasn't cool enough to come up with adding "Upgrade" to my name and doubling down on it by signing my posts.

Hey, don't be a buzzkill

the only frame theme I want that we don't quite have is a heavy artillery frame: one who's focus is on carrying tremendous firepower and being able to defend an area almost indefinitely. we sort of have this already with the Voidrig Necramech, which I love to bits, but I still wouldn't mind seeing the concept done as an actual warframe:

name: for now I'll go with "Vulcan", after the Roman god of Fire and Forging, and also a well known rotary cannon!

appearance: a more militarized take on a warframe, with skin textures reminiscent of heavy body armour and steel plates. Shoulder mounted cannon, bandoliers of void-infused munitions.

Passive - Resupply: Vulcan naturally regenerates ammo over time, allies within his affinity range are refunded ammo when they get a kill.

ability 1 - Fully Loaded: Vulcan supercharges his equipped weapon with a drastically increased magazine capacity and fire rate bonus, allowing almost any gun the ability to lay down heavy fire. allies within range benefit too.

ability 2 - Watcher Cannon: Vulcan's shoulder mounted cannon, when activated, acts as a turret, independently targeting foes to the sides or rear. if there are no targets, the cannon will shoot at enemies in front of Vulcan. the Watcher Cannon fires in rapid bursts (BRRRRT!) and drains energy over time.

ability 3 - Scorched Earth: Vulcan launches a barrage of missiles that fly up and then arc downward to the point of aim, covering an area in powerful explosions that will devastate groups. a napalm effect is left behind that also lingers for a few seconds. allies who go through these flames have status effects cleansed and gain bonus Heat damage to their weapons.

ability 4 - Destroyer: Vulcan's Destroyer is an exalted anti-materiel rifle, loaded with void-infused rounds that have infinite punchthrough and deliver a massive, powerful energy explosion upon their first impact. however, Vulcan can only use the Destroyer while stationary, and he will be locked in place. along with it's scope, this means it should be treated as a sniper rifle. the Destroyer holds 3 rounds, after which it must be recast in order to reload. players can also exit the aiming by deactivating the power. 

Vulcan essentially would serve as an area denial and Offensive frame, with the ability to buff allies guns to increase damage output. this is just a very basic concept off the top of my head, but a frame like this would be really exciting for me. I still love my Voidrig very much though, and that fills the heavy artillery role quite nicely.

8 hours ago, ebrl said:

Wow!.... were you in a bad mood when you read my post?

You say DE dosnt need help coming up with ideas,well thats not what this post is about..its about letting peoples imaginations fly and for other posters to read each others thoughts,and maybe someone does post a frame idea that no one at DE or in forums has ever thought about and its a brilliant idea.

Nope im not 12... No where close...im an adult who has grown up and still has a imagination...Do you think we get to a certain age and our imagination stops?

As for my name (Mark T Upgrade) i thought of it when i bought and transitioned from a xbox 360 to xbox one and seen how better the graphics and gameplay was and thought to myself this is a total upgrade..So there it was my new gamer tag.

Mark T Upgrade <---- doubling down 😂

Warframe needs a summoner, like a real summoner. Nekros' summons are poopoo. Give me a D2 style necromancer with 50+ minions so I can tank everyone's fps. 

22 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Also, Protea is one of my favourite frames because she reminds me of my days playing my Martial Arts Assassin in Diablo II - the only character I built purely for fun. She has this somewhat similar "Swiss Army Knife Character" feel that the MA Assassin had, which I really enjoy. The recent Diablo II announcement kind of make me wish DE would make a frame that feel even closer to the MA Assassin, but I don't really have anything more specific than that.

Sin was the best class in D2 imo. Such a versatile character, was great pvp or pve. Trap win wrecked everything, Kicker could solo ubers almost as fast as smiter, WW sin with chaos claw could spin with barbs that weren't built for bvb and so many variations of hybrids were possible. No one knew what type of sin there were dueling against, sneaky sin had all types of tricks.

16 hours ago, FURYDANCE said:

a sentinel themed warframe, comes with a overhaul of the sentinel system.

ooo I like that, a warframe that comes with a built in sentinel that floats at the opposite side maybe has abilities that synergies with it ? and can run another alongside like how Khora can have 2 cats!

12 hours ago, Veknanita said:

Plant based Warframe

I like this too, can infested be plant based ? anyway makes me think of abilities like thorns! barkskin, entangling roots, over growing vines and such, lots of potential for random plant stuffs,

Archived