Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Re-Evaluate Nova Soon

DaveC

I am amazed no one can see the imbalance of the Nova frame when compared to others. It's the frame with everything and more.

4 very useful powers, high movement speed, reasonable health and shield, high energy density....the frame with everything.

Edited by DaveC

*Sucks in air*

Oh boy, here it comes. . .

"Hey that's my air"

Stop right there jimmy! can you tell what this is?

...Entitlement syndrome?

That's right! Have a cookie.

*Transformer stomps on jimmy*

FLAME SHIELD ACTIVATED.

____

In all seriousness I think that detonation is too easy for Molecular Prime. Instead of dealing extra damage to a prime target just have it interfere with shield regen and healing. I.e. affected targets receive no healing from other units (ancient healers, corrupted ancient) and cannot regen shields/ regen shields more slowly for bosses

It is really who is using the frame. There are some people out there that will prime every 5 seconds and sprints forward. Then there are reasonable people that will hold off the prime unless it needed.

There some downsides to it that I find myself dying of laughter.

- Nova Rushing into a heavy and get killed. Blames us for being noobish and rage quit.

- Run out of energy and watch them panic

- Find themselves at those double locked door waiting for us like 3 minutes to catch up.

Yeah, it the people you need to watch out that plays badly or hurting overall co-op experience.

Edited by M4sterofp4in

I am amazed no one can see the imbalance of the Nova frame when compared to others. It's the frame with everything and more.

4 very useful powers, high movement speed, reasonable health and shield, high energy density....the frame with everything.

So why do I keep having to rez Novas all around? Damn next time Ill let myself die as Im not valuable enough to stand beside the all mighty Nova!

I smell troll...

Besides, Nekros is the new frame, topics about nerfing Nova are passe.

Wait... Even Necros topics are passe.

Now it is fashionable to whine abot event rewards and new weapons.

Opener is a one-liner Troll.

Who cares if the Nova on your squad is killing everything?  It makes the mission go faster, and you still get exp for the kills.

If you want to revel in the experience of your awesomeness, play Solo.  For those of us who are grinding exp and farming resources, a Nova is a -great- squad-mate to have, because it makes the grind tremendously faster.

This is especially important once you're stuck leveling up melee weapons for mastery ranks 10, 11, and 12.  You get much more exp per unit time for your melee weapons by leeching off of squad kills than by actually killing things with the melee weapons, because melee is so inefficient.

I dunno about the other peeps, but I use Molecular Prime only when I have a lot of enemies in a small space, (like the recent event).

I mainly use AM Drop and Null star for survivability.

Seriously though, AM Drop is the real killer, that little shiet can pop over 8-10k damage if everyone (and all your enemies) shoot it. Its Nyx's absorb in a ball of rage.

Combine that with Molecular Prime, and boom, nothing at any level survives.

Use Wormhole for getting some distance and for reaching those vantage points ;3

The only thing about Nova that needs nerfing is Molecular Prime. That thing is game-breaking, and makes Nova essential in your party for any high-level games. 

Not really, my Frost and my friends' Vauban were enough to finish T3 Defence, which is by far one of the hardest missions.

well lets see...

1. Null Star- In the higher levels this thing is only good for staggering, but even then its a mostly useless power.

2. Antimatter Drop- This power can be extremely good if used at a good time (read: hardly ever), it has potential for high numbers, but in my experience someone soma's the enemies down before I get the drop to land.

3. Wormhole- This is only used for fast transport or trolling, it has hardly any use in battle and when maxed can teleport the whole team.

4. Molecular Prime- This power seems overpowered, and in many cases it is. However, try using it in the true end game (T3 defense), pretty soon it isn't wiping out the whole room, it's just some extra damage and is actually more used as a damagebuff than a kill everything button. The true skill in playing a nova comes out when she is able to wipe most of the room with an Mprime and a good judge with the antimatter drop, but even then the enemies still usually get killed before I get the drop charged and landed.

She seems op because of her ability in lower- highmid brackets. But really shes perfectly balanced for end game.

TL;DR: nova OP arguments are so 2 months ago.

Nova is far too powerful and negatively affects the enjoyment of other people playing the game. Please nerf as soon as possible.

When you get to high level missions, you will be saying the exact opposite. 

Every damage based frame is very powerful on low level missions, but in end game content power strength becomes redundant. 

It is really who is using the frame. There are some people out there that will prime every 5 seconds and sprints forward. Then there are reasonable people that will hold off the prime unless it needed.

With corrupted mods, fleeting expertise in particular, the energy cost of mprime is 25 energy.... 25 ENERGY ONLY !!! If you got 2 energy siphons in the group including yours, then you will actually need to put some effort to go out of energy.

So why do I keep having to rez Novas all around? Damn next time Ill let myself die as Im not valuable enough to stand beside the all mighty Nova!

Cuz those Novas are noobs maybe ? They probably dont know these :

- MPrime has a f**in huge range.

- You can revive yourself by using Team Heal. Not sure if its a bug, but I use it all the time.

Not really, my Frost and my friends' Vauban were enough to finish T3 Defence, which is by far one of the hardest missions.

T3 defense? Hard? There are much worse missions out there.

Besides Frost is another essential frame to keep game levels at 'lolscrubeasy' difficulty. 

Nova is far too powerful and negatively affects the enjoyment of other people playing the game. Please nerf as soon as possible.

This is a wonderfully, well thought out post that makes great points and gives plenty of opportunity for intelligent discussion... 

Much like the one already created and ignored by this original poster.

https://forums.warfr...-4#entry1502120

T3 defense? Hard? There are much worse missions out there.

Besides Frost is another essential frame to keep game levels at 'lolscrubeasy' difficulty. 

Do you have examples of "much worse" missions?  (No shield + no energy combo nightmare mode missions are about the only thing i can think of)

T3 Orokin defense are the longest, most grueling content in the game at this point. They take 40 minutes to complete, and one mistake in the last 5 minutes and it's all over.

With corrupted mods, fleeting expertise in particular, the energy cost of mprime is 25 energy.... 25 ENERGY ONLY !!! If you got 2 energy siphons in the group including yours, then you will actually need to put some effort to go out of energy.

Cuz those Novas are noobs maybe ? They probably dont know these :

- MPrime has a f**in huge range.

- You can revive yourself by using Team Heal. Not sure if its a bug, but I use it all the time.

I bet you haven't used Nova. Its health and shields aren't as high as most frames making its offense power needed to survive with it.