Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow use of fish bait and like items from gear wheel

Not sure if this is the best place to put this but:

So i've gotta do a lot of fishing in Cetus in Fortuna because I want to build a bunch of stuff. For those of us on consoles, we don't have 100+ buttons to bind things to and frankly, the way they're condensed onto a controller is kind of clunky in my personal opinion. It's really nice that we have some degree of customizability so i've chosen to optimize my controls for combat, which obviously is most of the game. But for the more mundane, less war-crimey activities like fishing, I have to edit my controls slightly (not the biggest issue in the world but just kind of annoying). This is because the way my controls are setup, I can't use bait or select different spears via the "ability menu" The easiest way around this I think would be to have them selectable from the gear menu.

Implementing a requirement that the "ability menu" function must be bound would be severely limiting to the way that I play (only saying that because I can already see something like that happening). So again, *my suggestion would be to allow access to bait and spears via the gear menu*

Seems simple enough to me, but i'm no dev. Hopefully this gets looked at soon.

P.S: Also, it'd be nice to remove the requirement that 'focus and transference" is bound. I play a lot of conclave and that's not a thing in conclave, so that's a button that could potentilaly be put to better use in the mode.

I play PC and selecting different spear or bait is via the number keys, the same ones that are bound to using warframe abilities - 1, 2, 3. So when you have that spear equipped (from the gear wheel - and you can equip different spears there anyway) you change it using by pressing 1, change bait with 2. If I have a gun equipped, pressing 1 triggers the warframe #1 ability - which is really important part of the game.

If you've removed these ability keybindings then you've made a mistake. Wait until you start conservation hunting and you'll see that putting all the lures in your gear will be impractical.

6 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

If you've removed these ability keybindings then you've made a mistake.

On console, all fishing/conservation actions are bound to the ability menu key, which is dumb for players who decide to remove it.

10 hours ago, (PSN)II2j-ZII said:

my suggestion would be to allow access to bait and spears via the gear menu

Funny thing is that fishing and conservation had their own separate gear wheels, but that was removed.

On 2021-05-30 at 8:29 AM, gbjbaanb said:

If you've removed these ability keybindings then you've made a mistake.

Perhaps I was unclear.

I'm on ps4 and instead of 1 2 3 and 4, all abilities are accessed via the "ability menu" button, which is R2 + Triangle, Square, Circle or X by default. You can rebind your abilities individually or you can rebind the ability menu. I have decided to move my abilities from the ability menu to the directional keys so I only have to press/hold one button instead of two when I want to use an ability. This works perfectly well for normal gameplay. It does not for fishing or conservation because use of the different bait and lures requires the use of the ability menu and is unnafected by individual ability key bindings.

So, I can't just press/hold up on the directional pad, which would be my first ability, to switch to a different spear, but I can access them from the gear menu. I can't just press/hold down on the directional pad, which would be my second ability, to use or select a different bait and I can not access it from the gear menu. So I can't use it unless I rebind that "ability menu" button I was talking about.

Archived