Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennocon 2021 seems to be Sentient Themed.

DrivaMain

DE just revealed a logo for Tennocon 2021 in a twitter post. It’s very sentient themed.

From here I can speculate the big Tennocon reveal is going to be a Sentient themed update. I do not say this will be The New Wait climax because DE can’t access the studio due to the pandemic restrictions, but I can see The Sentients will play a big part for this year’s “star of Tennocon” game update. Possibly introducing actual star chart missions or Railjack missions for Sentients as the main enemy faction.

The logo for TennoCon 2020 was Sacrifice themed, yet the big reveal was Heart of Deimos, so nothing to do with the actual logo design

Maybe 2021 will be more Sentient themed, but I don't think there really is any correlation

Spoiler

NAT-Games-TennoCon2020-Logo-1024x576.jpe

btw, I don't find the 2021 logo very Sentient, looks more like a lotus flower than anything tbh

46 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

From here I can speculate

And this is how the community builds fake expectations and hypes itself and then comes back to DE to moan that "promises have been broken" or stuff like that.

Hey, I'm not saying that Tennocon will have no Sentient theming. Maybe they will be 100% Sentient-based. But do we have to jump on board of the Hype-And-Speculation train at every chance we get? Have we learned nothing as a community?

1 minute ago, Dhrekr said:

And this is how the community builds fake expectations and hypes itself and then comes back to DE to moan that "promises have been broken" or stuff like that.

Hey, I'm not saying that Tennocon will have no Sentient theming. Maybe they will be 100% Sentient-based. But do we have to jump on board of the Hype-And-Speculation train at every chance we get? Have we learned nothing as a community?

its either that or yet more 764836483 balance threads, Its the same cycle

Maybe it's just me, but those look like tentacles/oceanic themed. Which would make sense since we're getting another ocean-themed warframe in the near future. 

Also, don't count that the UI/marketing team is up to date with lore minutia. Most likely they are just paid to make things look nice and don't theme them unless it's for a pre-announced event. 

1 hour ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

The logo for TennoCon 2020 was Sacrifice themed, yet the big reveal was Heart of Deimos, so nothing to do with the actual logo design

Maybe 2021 will be more Sentient themed, but I don't think there really is any correlation

Reveal hidden contents

NAT-Games-TennoCon2020-Logo-1024x576.jpe

btw, I don't find the 2021 logo very Sentient, looks more like a lotus flower than anything tbh

Bear in mind, said Tennocon was meant to be in an otherwise very Sentient-themed year. DE had gone on record about how 2020 was supposed to be all about the New War before a certain something happened and DE made the, in retrospect unwise decision to delay until after said certain something ended.

Sentients are related to the Sacrifice, so under that concept, so that'd make sense and they probably had a bunch of marketing stuff prepared for that by the time the decision came through.

That honestly looks slightly more infested than sentient to me, although it doesn't look that much like either. Also, isn't this very similar in design to a glyph (no idea of the name) that has been available for some time?

Edit: Just found out it is in fact the official tennocon 2021 glyph brought as a part of the digital pack that was made available some time ago

Spoiler

Warframe: Buy Platinum

21 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Bear in mind, said Tennocon was meant to be in an otherwise very Sentient-themed year. DE had gone on record about how 2020 was supposed to be all about the New War before a certain something happened and DE made the, in retrospect unwise decision to delay until after said certain something ended.

Sentients are related to the Sacrifice, so under that concept, so that'd make sense and they probably had a bunch of marketing stuff prepared for that by the time the decision came through.

I dont know if I'd see it as or call it unwise. I dont think anyone (well possibly someone) would want them to break restrictions and I think just as many wouldnt want them to cut corners just so they could release what was planned in whatever state that would mean without access to the studio. Otherwise we might have ended up with Marvel's Avengers, Cyberpunk and Outriders release quality New War content.

Archived