Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how to fix warframe ? maybe

TotalEnigma85

what if what you do on a mission did matter far more then now ?

Spy missions now - go to point  , ignore enemy , does not matter if spotted , use cipher for quick hack , repeat with 2 more points , run to exit  , hope for good RNG loot

every single missions in this game feels like a speedrun , it has its charm but gets pretty boring fast. , and you use fast AOE frames to do that , making others useless 

that is why mission types need to force players  more on what frame do you have to pick , so how to do it  ?  with new highscore system on missions

Basically every single mission will have its own score point rules , something like old arcade games

you will get bonus points for things like  , not detected , no alarms , no failed hacks ,time on mission ,hidden chests found , stealth kills .... etc

and negatives for , detected , x numbers alarms triggered , failed hacks , died x times , revived , mission time ... etc

At end of mission all of this is summed up to mission score and then to Favor points that you trade with NPC for rewards that you want , relics , mods etc

This means that on Spy mission you Should NOT use frames  like Saryn because you will alert everybody and get big negative score , and low Favor points

You will still grind for that loot but you pick what you want , giving more control in players hands , and the better you preform on mission the more loot you can pick

I know this is a very big change to a game but if done right i think it will give extra missing elements that game needs and many players complained , teamplay ,fixes stealth , other frames are back on menu

33 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Use a cipher... wha.. what? Are you new?

... Are you? 

Ciphers can be built 100x at a time, which eats up resources which veterans have huge stockpiles of (new players do not). It saves you a couple of second every time you hack, which is useful to everyone who knows that Warframe is a grind game. Not to mention, ciphers are useful for 5x3 and 6x3 Eidolon hunts, which I don't think new players are doing.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

Use a cipher... wha.. what? Are you new?

If you're not using Ciphers with the hotkey when you are allowed to, you are basically wasting your time. The crafting cost for them is trivial as well. Calling someone new for using Ciphers can't be further from the truth.

33 minutes ago, Voltage said:

If you're not using Ciphers with the hotkey when you are allowed to, you are basically wasting your time. The crafting cost for them is trivial as well. Calling someone new for using Ciphers can't be further from the truth.

I guess if you have millions of resources to waste. To me hacking a terminal is trivial. Takes almost just as long as using a cipher. Got auto hacking on parazon which triggers a lot of times. And if you really want to hack stuff reliably. Get the helminth ability. I put it on Loki for obvious reasons. But yea, hacking is super easy.

3 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

This means that on Spy mission you Should NOT use frames  like Saryn because you will alert everybody and get big negative score , and low Favor points

The frame a player uses to do Spy missions is irrelevant. Once you learn the tricks of the room you are in and how to bypass detections you can easily complete any hacking room with any frame regardless. Me for example im a Zephyr main and often do Spy with Zephyr in both normal and Sorties missions.

2 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

... Are you? 

Ciphers can be built 100x at a time, which eats up resources which veterans have huge stockpiles of (new players do not). It saves you a couple of second every time you hack, which is useful to everyone who knows that Warframe is a grind game. Not to mention, ciphers are useful for 5x3 and 6x3 Eidolon hunts, which I don't think new players are doing.

I believe he was making a joke because hacking is extremely easy and takes practically no time. Most Veterans i know dont bother buying/crafting Ciphers for that reason, me being one.

1 hour ago, RazerXPrime said:

I guess if you have millions of resources to waste. To me hacking a terminal is trivial. Takes almost just as long as using a cipher. Got auto hacking on parazon which triggers a lot of times. And if you really want to hack stuff reliably. Get the helminth ability. I put it on Loki for obvious reasons. But yea, hacking is super easy.

8 years in the game and i havent used them a single time nor do i bother. :V

inb4 people complain that "they're forced into x playstyle for Y rewards", which would happen, especially in regards to stealth which A: not everyone is good at, and B: not everyone wants to do. I love Spy missions personally, but most of my friends hate them, to the point where they're more than happy to let me get on with it while they kill stuff. I prefer games where we have the freedom of choice, because while I can sneak into any spy vault undetected with any frame, I still have days where I can't be bothered and would rather just nuke all the guards/drones and cameras and don't care if I lose the extra affinity.

as for Ciphers and Hacking, I suggest all new Tenno "git gud" at hacking, even if it's only for Nightmares/Sorties. eventually you reach a point where you have so many resources, Ciphers cost basically nothing anyway, or you can just subsume Perspicacity onto your frame. spy missions can be even easier with Parazon mods like Auto-Hack and Untraceable, the latter of which I enjoy very much.

We have a couple of "slowing down warframe" movement lately... Well this might be a great idea if warframe is 1 year old and we don't have 5000 other things to do in the game.

I actually enjoy stealth games. Huge mgs fan, and religiously played every tenchu titles back in the days. But i can't really tell for sure if i want to do that in warframe. I mean, I'm currently farming ivara right now, and even with 3 minutes average time, the godam grind is infuriating. Idk if i want it to be longer...

Archived