Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Smeeta Kavat Imprint's turned into Adarza

Cecrets

Question

Just looking for someone to possibly help explain.  Had two imprints from two Smeeta Kavat's.  Out popped an Adarza.  Are the imprints predominantly just for the traits and not for the types?

20 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

Grumpy is Smeeta but the screen for the second has no breed shown. Can you recheck the top one to be 100% sure you have two Smeetas please?

Apologies you are right, I found the proper picture

z6u4jon.png

On 2021-05-31 at 11:10 PM, krc473 said:

If you got them from friends then a bug is most likely the issue. It is meant to be guaranteed.

People like to make a fuss about this. All it takes is a bug, or someone not reading what imprints they put in and suddenly the chance is claimed not to be 100%. DE states (as an example):

Yes, that page is Kubrow breeding, but the same thing applies to Kavat. DE hasn’t done one for Kavats.

Naam nigelh7 

4 minutes ago, Cecrets said:

I only had two imprints to work with, both from the parents shown so it leads me to think it was a bug.  Havn't heard anything yet from support but I would love some clarity.  Has had me concerned with getting another couple imprints.  Both friends out of imprints now of course haha

If you got them from friends then a bug is most likely the issue. It is meant to be guaranteed.

30 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I recall reading a post I think on Reddit a long time ago where people were saying it wasn't a 100% guarantee even with 2 imprints.

People like to make a fuss about this. All it takes is a bug, or someone not reading what imprints they put in and suddenly the chance is claimed not to be 100%. DE states (as an example):

If you use two Raksa Prints, the resulting Kubbie will be a Raksa.

Link

Yes, that page is Kubrow breeding, but the same thing applies to Kavat. DE hasn’t done one for Kavats.

28 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It is definitely meant to be a guaranteed thing. That’s the whole point in storing the breed - it lets you make it. The wiki shouldn’t have to specifically state something like that (does mentioned stored and passed on). If it wasn’t a guaranteed thing it would absolutely have been put somewhere on the wiki.

Yes, bugs can happen. Out of curiosity OP, did you still have the imprints you thought you used? Maybe it just decided not to accept them (also would be a bug). I too am curious about what support says.

I only had two imprints to work with, both from the parents shown so it leads me to think it was a bug.  Havn't heard anything yet from support but I would love some clarity.  Has had me concerned with getting another couple imprints.  Both friends out of imprints now of course haha

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It is definitely meant to be a guaranteed thing. That’s the whole point in storing the breed - it lets you make it. The wiki shouldn’t have to specifically state something like that (does mentioned stored and passed on). If it wasn’t a guaranteed thing it would absolutely have been put somewhere on the wiki.

Yes, bugs can happen. Out of curiosity OP, did you still have the imprints you thought you used? Maybe it just decided not to accept them (also would be a bug). I too am curious about what support says.

The wiki isn't infallable. It's made by people and people make mistakes. A lot of the pages are unclear in wording or content and could be updated to be more direct in providing information. There's a lot of good stuff there, but not every page is good and there are errors there.

You're making an assumption about the Kavat imprints, which I too think is the case, but nobody is here to say for sure what the deal is. All we get is: "I've never seen it" or "It should be this or that". If OP is going to request feedback on this then we might as well get info on the actual statistic.

I recall reading a post I think on Reddit a long time ago where people were saying it wasn't a 100% guarantee even with 2 imprints. Of course they could be wrong. I tried searching for it, but I can't find it anymore.

6 hours ago, Cecrets said:

With the market for Smeeta kavat etc, it would seem odd to have it not be guaranteed.

6 hours ago, RazerXPrime said:

I'd like to know the result. If the chances are like 90% or 99% we should update the wiki. Right now it doesn't say anything. It also doesn't say it's guaranteed.

1 minute ago, Cecrets said:

With the market for Smeeta kavat etc, it would seem odd to have it not be guaranteed.  I know in actual genetic, this could happen but didn't think we were playing with actual science here haha.  I submitted a bug report to see if its working as intended.  I will report back with anything I get.  Appreciate all the insight

I'd like to know the result. If the chances are like 90% or 99% we should update the wiki. Right now it doesn't say anything. It also doesn't say it's guaranteed.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)Claudija said:

ahh fantastic. Hmm it is odd though as normally two Smeeta gives a guaranteed Smeeta breed result. Though it does help me for a former argument I had with SpicyDinosaur in that I told them despite using the same Kavat to give two Imprints, the second Smeeta did have different tones of fur; that the Imprint did not give 100% identical Clones.. they argued I was "spreading misinformation". Clearly though, for you to throw two Smeeta Imprints into the Incubator and an Adarza comes out- either I was right or there's a glitch yours triggered.

With the market for Smeeta kavat etc, it would seem odd to have it not be guaranteed.  I know in actual genetic, this could happen but didn't think we were playing with actual science here haha.  I submitted a bug report to see if its working as intended.  I will report back with anything I get.  Appreciate all the insight

10 hours ago, Cecrets said:

Apologies you are right, I found the proper picture

z6u4jon.png

ahh fantastic. Hmm it is odd though as normally two Smeeta gives a guaranteed Smeeta breed result. Though it does help me for a former argument I had with SpicyDinosaur in that I told them despite using the same Kavat to give two Imprints, the second Smeeta did have different tones of fur; that the Imprint did not give 100% identical Clones.. they argued I was "spreading misinformation". Clearly though, for you to throw two Smeeta Imprints into the Incubator and an Adarza comes out- either I was right or there's a glitch yours triggered.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Not everyone seems to know about checking in trade. It does require OP to know about it, and to have checked. It is of course possible there was just a mistake made and OP used the wrong imprints. We are missing a little bit of information.

Also, added in photos of the parents to hopefully help

Jqf9v8K.pngWi5u0I8.png

Appreciate all the responses, they were from a couple friends who only have Smeeta.  I knew the Kavats names as well so they checked out that way.  I wish I can captured it but I honestly didn't expect it to come out how it did

50 minutes ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

If you look at the imprint it will tell you what the breed is, including if you click on them in the trade window, so a scam is unlikely.

Not everyone seems to know about checking in trade. It does require OP to know about it, and to have checked. It is of course possible there was just a mistake made and OP used the wrong imprints. We are missing a little bit of information.

31 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

Were they your own imprints? Or did you buy them from the market? You may have been scammed.

I'm not sure if the chance for a Smeeta is 100% if you use the imprints though. Wiki doesn't have info on it. Maybe someone here will know.

13 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The breed is stored and passed on.

How sure are you they were Smeeta? If you didn’t make them yourself then I have to agree that you probably got scammed.

If you look at the imprint it will tell you what the breed is, including if you click on them in the trade window, so a scam is unlikely.

Just now, RazerXPrime said:

I know. But does using 2 imprints guarantee the original type? Like with a 100% chance? Or does it go to 90% chance?

They would be fairly useless if it wasn’t a 100% thing. I am yet to use imprints and not get what I was intending.

16 minutes ago, RazerXPrime said:

I'm not sure if the chance for a Smeeta is 100% if you use the imprints though.

The breed is stored and passed on.

26 minutes ago, Cecrets said:

Had two imprints from two Smeeta Kavat's.  Out popped an Adarza

How sure are you they were Smeeta? If you didn’t make them yourself then I have to agree that you probably got scammed.

Archived